PDA

View Full Version : To all you anti-war on Iraq peaceniks

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:57 PM
...where the hell were you when NATO was bombing the hell out of Belgrade? For anyone who supported that bombing and is protesting this bombing go find a rock to crawl under:fiery:

Shane54
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Well it would seem that the world would be better off peaceful. But sometimes war is inevitable. Time and time again Saddam has been given chances his time is running out. I FULLY SUPPORT WAR ON IRAQ. Would anyone today looking back think it a good idea to leave Hitler in control? Nope, I would hope not. The same thing with Hussein. He has gased his own people(Kurds) and is a very big threat to Europe. He needs to be gotten rid of. AND TRUST ME- there are just as many people or more that support the war. It is ironic how the former Soviet bloc countries are supporting the U.S. They know what it is like to live in tyranny and w/o true freedom.
WAR ON IRAQ-Get it on!

Jennifer's wife
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:10 PM
yo shane! a jencap fan too, whata guy!;) :D

Shane54
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Hey JenniferMarie:wavey:
Jennifer rocks -Take Dubai!

ys
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:25 PM
I think there will be not much of a war. Arabs have never been good warriors, and with them getting repeatedly beaten by a handful of Jews, I think that it won't take too much blood or lives. It will cost more lives to let Saddam rule for another decade. And you never know what he has on his mind. If you have an enemy, it's better to deal with him as soon as you are ready, the sooner the better, the sooner - the less will be consequences in any sense. If you have an enemy, there is no chance that he will disappear at some point later - you'll still have to deal with him. War or no war, war on good legal ground or with no ground at all.. I don't care. The bastard has to go..

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:30 PM
well no fan of Capriati and no fan on attacking Iraq...first all this Saddam gassing his own people is not taken into context--such was taken place when Iraqis where fighting Iranians and there is evidence pointing to the Iranian type of gas that was the culprit...and war? it was that silly WW1 that helped create a Hitler come to power in the first place...and this war will only allow other radicals come into power as well...and just who the hell is supposed to take Saddam's place? Another dictator of course--just one that won't tell the U.N. to go to hell...

Jennifer's wife
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Shane54
Hey JenniferMarie:wavey:
Jennifer rocks -Take Dubai!

:wavey: Dubai is hers Shane!!:kiss: :hearts: :bounce:
providing she don't play like a tosser!
*yes im changing the subject!*;)

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:36 PM
yes, a peaceful leader in Iraq would be a blessing...but the same goes for N. Korea and China--not to mention many Arab leaders...deal with the enemy? why war? Amercia certainly isn't going to war to oust that madman Pyongyang...no, Iraq poses no resistence which is why the macho attitude....but when it come to N. Korea what is the Bush administration doing? Giving them the same amount of aid under the UN food program as in the past--yes, feeding the enemy how nice

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:38 PM
changing the subject? fine b/c i'd rather talk about tennis anyday;)...as long as its not about Jennifer winning:p

Jennifer's wife
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:41 PM
:p i cant help it, wen it cums to Jen i hav a one track mind!;)

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:44 PM
i have no idea why but the world is full of mysteries

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:45 PM
...maybe if it was Catalina Cristea i could somehow understand

ys
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:47 PM
yes, a peaceful leader in Iraq would be a blessing...but the same goes for N. Korea and China--not to mention many Arab leaders.

There is nothing US can do directly to change political system in N. Korea or China, those countries are too powerful. That's why US will have to do its best to try to transform their systems from inside. But US can oust Saddam right and try to create Turkey-like democracy in Iraq. And that's worth a try, even if it means war. The rule of politics is - do what you can do. And do not tell me about double standards or morals. There is no such things in politics. All that matters in politics is your objectivs and how to achieve them..

Jennifer's wife
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by seabiscuit
...maybe if it was Catalina Cristea i could somehow understand

it must b a lesbo thing!;) :p

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:08 PM
"it must b a lesbo thing!" well not in my worldview

ys...it is true what you say about politics--but not true about individuals...The question is where does it say in the US Constitution we must help create a Turkey-like structure in Iraq and steal money from taxpayers and take their lives to do it? My view is the agenda is far more sinister and the "help Iraq to Democracy" propaganda is just a means to hide it as was all the propaganda used to justify that immoral & illegal action toward Serbia

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Now is essence we have been at war with Iraq for the past decade with the sanctions and the controlled air space--not to mention a bomb here & there...When you starve an entire population you are killing the enemy along with innocent children and infants. It has been reported that Iraq's population is 42% children. Equating those children with combatants is at the very heart of "The Powell Doctrine" which recommends using overwhelming force on the enemy, regardless of civilian casualties...this to me in anything but humane so excuse if I don't believe the Estabishment cares a whit about the Iraqi people

ys
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:40 PM
I quite agree.. I still fail to understand why US didn't take him out completely back in 1991, when it was so easy and let this bloody agony last another decade. This way we condemned Iraqi population for another decade of hardship. Lets not make a mistake and prevent it from lasting another decade..

The question is where does it say in the US Constitution we must help create a Turkey-like structure in Iraq and steal money from taxpayers and take their lives to do it?

Forget about Constitution and other papers.. They only exist to designate a general line, nothing else. All progress of the world is overall lined around making it better for majority at expense of minority. Constitution will never say anything like that. Doesn't mean that we should stop short of doing something good only because it doesn't have a legal ground..

Jennifer's wife
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:46 PM
"it must b a lesbo thing!" well not in my worldview

well thats what pple say to me wen i say i fancy Jen!! ask them, me i think its perfectly normal!!!:confused: :kiss: :lick:

Iconoclast
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Equating those children with combatants is at the very heart of "The Powell Doctrine" which recommends using overwhelming force on the enemy, regardless of civilian casualties...this to me in anything but humane so excuse if I don't believe the Estabishment cares a whit about the Iraqi people
The purpose of using overwhelming force is to end the conflict quickly - which is absolutely critical to the civilian population. This is probably the single most crucial factor to limiting the casualties.

The Powell Doctrine is very much based on the lessons learned in Vietnam. It's primarily concerned with deterrence, and stipulates that force should only be used as a last resort. And only in cases where the objective is unambiguous, and where the conflict can be brought to an end swiftly.

I have never seen anyone equate children with combatants, and certainly not in relation to the Powell Doctrine.

But one can argue that the Powell Doctrine, which advocates the use of diplomatic tools like sanctions to contain rogue states, actually does more harm to the civilian population than war. It does seem to have been proven inept in dealing with Iraq for instance.

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:27 PM
i agree iconoclast that some measure is to end the conflict quickly--however with the talk now of possicle use of catatrophic weapons such may be *real* quick...yes, the lessons of Vietnam that atrocity of a war that very likely was never meant to be won by the Establishment in the first place (just like the Korean War)...force yes, IN DEFENSE IN A AGGRESSIVE ATTACK ON YOUR COUNTRY...not so the case here unless one has an imaginative imagination...certainly the sanctions indirectly have caused much harm to Iraqi children without doing nothing to the power structure of Saddam's regime--so what is the point? The idea of using sanctions against Iraq it outright immoral when the US trades freely with Communist China and (thanks to Bush W. & others) gave them free entry into the WTO (no more review of human rights atrocities by the butchers of Bejing)

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:38 PM
sorry but I cannot forget about the Constitution as it's the only thing that will keep America from becoming another totalitarian nation--all the ideals of America are to be found there and if we go against that wonderful piece of paper we go against the founding of this great nation (welcome the Homeland Security Act & the Bush welfare state)...doing good? good for whom? the Establishment within the Council of Foriegn Relations? Whose goal is to merge nations into a world government (Milosevic on trial in a World Court is testament to such) The Newspeak of the War Party--we are going to kill you for your own good

ys
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:41 PM
sorry but I cannot forget about the Constitution as it's the only thing that will keep America from becoming another totalitarian nation

Right. You can remember it. As long it doesn't concern politics, especially geopolitics. There rules of the game do not include Constitution, as long as it suits American interests.

seabiscuit
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:52 PM
ys, yes and that is my personal fear