PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest

MS
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Hi,

the song that will represent Spain next May in Eurovision will be: 'Dime' ('Tell me'), sung by a young woman called Beth.

I wonder, have more songs been announced?. When will we know all the songs that will take part in the Contest?. Thanks!

aliceb
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Hey, your the first to mention the ESC this year, well done! The UK final will be held on March 2nd.

No Doubt
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Eurovision song contest? *walks out of thread*.....excuse me while I just shoot myself in the head!

DutchieGirl
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:29 PM
I heard that TaTu were gonna sing in it (for Russia I guess), but I'm not sure which song.

Nicoleke
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:58 PM
French selection isn' t known yet ..... The rumours says that the song will be more " pop music " than the other year .....

I hearded the rumours about t. A. T. u. too, but nothing is " official " !!!!!

Shedevil
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:08 PM
In Beligium it's the Walloons' turn. I hear it's going to be something in Celtic style. Weird choice but i'm still kinda interested.;)

Monica_Rules
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:03 PM
GBR better get a good song this year!

Nicoleke
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Brittish song of last year was " good " I think !!!!!

MS
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:50 AM
I also liked last year British song

This is the Spanish singer:

http://www.eurofestival.metropoliglobal.com/03/imagenes/beth.jpg

matthias
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Germany will decide on 7th march, and most likely we will have a funny song again, (a german Chancler puppet is the favorit)

but i don´t care, because we will never win, and so we can bring some fun to the ESC :)

http://www.ndrtv.de/grandprix/images/brand_gerd_150_112.jpg

the eurovision changed the rule for 2004, but right now i haven´´t found the articel in english language.
there will be a qualifying on Friday, but the top4 (Spain, UK, France, Germany) are in for sure, and the top14 from the last year.

all other countries have to go to this pre-qualifying show.
this mean, if you finsih last this year, it is no problem, you have still the chance to be part in next year.

Mitzi
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Lior Narkis will sing for Israel. As if anyone cares... :rolleyes:

matthias
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:53 AM
here i found the article:

During the 24th Ordinary Meeting of the European Broadcasting Union Television Committee, which was held in Dublin last Friday under the chairmanship of the director general of the Irish broadcaster RTÉ, Bob Collins, the new format for the Eurovision Song Contest has been chosen. Sarah Yuen, manager Live Events at the EBU, reported that to us.

As a press release of the Finnish press agency STT already confirmed, the new format includes a preselection the day before the Eurovision Song Contest. This was the format most favoured by members who replied to a recent survey, conducted by the EBU, after a format consultant had suggested a two-night event as one possibility for change.

To keep everything easy to understand, the new format has the following concequences:

- The Big Four group, consisting of Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain and France, will stay assured of participation. To organise a good-quality Eurovision Song Contest, their contribution can not be missed.

- After the Big Four, the best ten countries of 2003 will be assured of participation in 2004.

- Besides the 14 countries assured of participation, ten more countries can participate. These countries will be selected in a preselection the day before the Eurovision Song Contest. This means that up to 40 countries can participate and countries have new chances every year.

All members may now send an artist to the event. The Eurovision week will be extended from 7 days to 10 days, to allow for extra rehearsals, but not all artists will have to arrive at the very beginning.

Broadcast of the qualifying round will be compulsory for those taking part in it, and optional for stations already guaranteed a place on the Saturday night. Countries not qualifying for the preselection final will be encouraged to broadcast the final, and take part in the televoting. The Eurovision Song Contest Reference Group will work out a way to make this practical.

There will be a rise in revenue, as a result of all participants becoming active participants from 2004 onwards, and this rise is expected to easily cover the costs of the extra programme, so there will be no increased burden on the host broadcaster, or member participants. This change of format will be accompanied by other developments which, it is hoped, will add to the quality, professionalism, and branding of the Eurovision Song Contest as it approaches its 50th birthday.

Critics already gave their comment on the new format. Some think that the new format will demotivate broadcasters to participate when their candidate ends up too low every year during the preselection the night before the contest. Others say the system is the most fair one, because every country has chances to enter the contest every year with a good song, which might be stimulating for the quality of the music.

---------------
this could mean we will see a lot new countries next year, like albania and few other former Sovjet republics.

Nicoleke
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Of course, the top " four " is " in " every year :) :D :) :D ;) lol !!!!!

Central
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Hey, Do you know how are the song representing your country chosen?

I have to say I had no idea how they were in Spain, but now, everybody knows it

Seles_Beckham
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:46 PM
The BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA final will be held on March 1 st.

MS
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Central
Hey, Do you know how are the song representing your country chosen?

???????????????

Central
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by MS
???????????????

¿Qué de qué? ¿Qué me he perdido?

M&M
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:03 PM
in my opinion the rule with the big four is stupid :rolleyes:

MS
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:32 PM
lol @Central: es que me he perdido yo, ya que no sé por qué pones: ( por eso lo preguntaba :p)

MS
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:35 PM
@matthias: so are the ones that sing 'Der Schröder Song' candidates to take part in ESC????

Central
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Der Steuern Song?? :bounce:
You've got my ten points then!!! I hope they win

Spain should have gone there with the Ketchup Song, or something by Estopa or La cabra

Nacho
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:11 AM
the rule about the big 4 is not that stupid... Without those 4 countries, the ESC would probably not exist

matthias
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Central
Der Steuern Song?? :bounce:
You've got my ten points then!!! I hope they win

Spain should have gone there with the Ketchup Song, or something by Estopa or La cabra
not the steuersong, but the same artist, and once again with the faked-voice from our chancler
the song is called "alles wird gut"
the show is on 7th march, there will be a Televote but he is the big favorit. but maybe we will see a surprise

@M+M
the rules with the big four is importan, because this 4 countries pay the most money , and without this money the Eurovision could not host such a big event.
but the big four will not pay if they are not included

Nicoleke
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:27 PM
Yeah, and I think that France or Germany have to pay more if they would like to win lol !!!!!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Mary Cherry

Jessica Garlick :p :hearts:

Has since disappeared :sad:

Who was the Maltese woman last year? She was yum de yum :D

bliss
Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:37 PM
Dime que es lo que puedo hacer como te puedo querer...!!!!!
¡Vamos Beth!:bounce:

anabel
Feb 22nd, 2003, 03:21 PM
"Dime que es lo que puedo hacer como te puedo tener...¡¡en mi vida!. Vamos a olvidar el ayer y a comenzar otra vez...¡¡sin mentiras!".

Beth all the way :D :D

gmt
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by JelenaDokicIsHot
Who was the Maltese woman last year? She was yum de yum :D
Oh yes, Ira Losco was just so lovely http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/shy.gif

martinafan
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:30 AM
does anyone know when the contest is on this year? what's the date of it?

toreador
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:41 AM
the greek final will be held this wednesday i think.
i hope the song isn't gonna be as bad as last year's...wait...no song can be THAT bad :sad:

martinafan
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:56 AM
bumpety bump ;)

Fieke
Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Sophie_Angel
i hope the song isn't gonna be as bad as last year's...wait...no song can be THAT bad :sad:

I actually liked the studio version, but it was one of those songs that totally didn't work live.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by gmt
Oh yes, Ira Losco was just so lovely http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/shy.gif

That was her :p

Lovely lady :D

http://www.iralosco.com.mt/eurovision_mq_012cdw.jpg

Yum de Yum

Princess Fiona
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:54 PM
the greek final will be held this wednesday i think.

Oh, I remember the Greek song from last year...

One magazine in this country said it sounded like Depeche Mode (my favourite band :hearts: ) - I'm not sure about that :o but it was quite fun to listen to, yes... ;)

Give the password, give the password!!

toreador
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:50 PM
fieke - did u see how the guys were dressed? it was horrible :sad:
franziska - shame on whoever dared to say that Rakintzis sounded like depeche mode:worship:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:56 PM
norway will probably have a baaaaaaad singer this year too.. i dont think teh norwegian winner is announced yet.

MS
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by anabel
"Dime que es lo que puedo hacer como te puedo tener...¡¡en mi vida!. Vamos a olvidar el ayer y a comenzar otra vez...¡¡sin mentiras!".

I wonder how the English version will sound ;)

Nicoleke
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Franziska
Oh, I remember the Greek song from last year...

One magazine in this country said it sounded like Depeche Mode (my favourite band :hearts: ) - I'm not sure about that :o but it was quite fun to listen to, yes... ;)

Give the password, give the password!!

Oh yeah, I rememeber him too, it was a robot, funny ..... :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

However, I really liked the 2001 greek song, which finished third. This year, Natasha Saint - Pier finished fourth for France with " Je n' ai que mon âme ( All I have is my soul) ", she ' s now really " popular " in France, and she have won " trophy " this year. I really do like her very much :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Fieke
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:35 PM
fieke - did u see how the guys were dressed? it was horrible :sad:
franziska - shame on whoever dared to say that Rakintzis sounded like depeche mode:worship:

You mean those leathery outfits? Well, that wasn't half as bad as the dance routine :)
I think the song had potential, but the act did not really work out on the night of the ESC.

toreador
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Mary Cherry
Oh yeah, I rememeber him too, it was a robot, funny ..... :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

However, I really liked the 2001 greek song, which finished third.

er...he wasn't a robot :o
btw the uniforms were of the greek special forces...real good choice *cough*
that greek song was called "die for u" (by Antique). yeah that one was really good :D
:worship: antique :worship:
fieke-u can't go to eurovision with this kind of song and expect to win!!! they really pissed me off when they came back to greece cos they were blaming some technicians etc some greeks always have to blame someone else and they give the rest of us a bad name :rolleyes: :(

Princess Fiona
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:08 PM

Do you like Depeche Mode too? :D ;) I remember hearing how there were sound problems during the Rakintzis performance...

I don't know, I had an "affection" for the song... :cool: :)

My two fave songs from last year (Finland and Lithuania) were both relegated!! :sad: I wonder what the contest will be like this year... Mary, I hope the French song will be successful like the Natasha St. Pier song!! :D :) ;)

toreador
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:47 AM
i'm not a fan of depeche mode but i have great respect for them and their music :D

Princess Fiona
Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:59 PM
i'm not a fan of depeche mode but i have great respect for them and their music :D

You have great respect for DM and their music? That sounds very good to me... ;) :worship:

The British entry (Jemini) was decided at the weekend - I have not heard it and wonder what it was like...

(Can anyone tell me what it is like? Thanks!! ;) )

Nicoleke
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:18 PM
You have great respect for DM and their music? That sounds very good to me... ;) :worship:

The British entry (Jemini) was decided at the weekend - I have not heard it and wonder what it was like...

(Can anyone tell me what it is like? Thanks!! ;) )

Hello my hair powered friend :wavey:,

Jemini is the copy of the ex members of the band Steps, H and Claire. I think the song is " okay " but not " wonderfull ", I prefer the wonderfull Jessica Garlick' s ( from Wales ;) )" Come back " of last year. However, the United kindown will be in the final " top five " I think :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

toreador
Mar 7th, 2003, 04:15 AM
i heard that the greek song is good ( i haven't heard it) :D :bounce:

Princess Fiona
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Hello my hair powered friend :wavey:,

Jemini is the copy of the ex members of the band Steps, H and Claire. I think the song is " okay " but not " wonderfull ", I prefer the wonderfull Jessica Garlick' s ( from Wales ;) )" Come back " of last year. However, the United kindown will be in the final " top five " I think :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Thank you so much my hair powered friend!! :worship: I don't like the music of H and Claire so I don't think I will like Jemini... :o You are right, Jessica Garlick from WALES (;) ) was very good... It will be "hard" to have a better UK Eurovision song I think!! ;)

I am looking forward to hearing the French song!! :)

Nicoleke
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM
This is Louisa for France :

http://www.doteurovision.com/newspics/louisa.jpg

This is Lou for Germany :

http://www.doteurovision.com/newspics/lou.jpg

Xian
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:10 PM
For Austria a young woman wants to participate who sang for Austria in 1992 when she was 15 (Petra Frey). Hope she is not singing such a crap she sang that time :devil:

Nicoleke
Mar 9th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Go to Malta !!!!!

Vote Malta !!!!!

" To dream again " by Lynn Chircop is an execelent song.

Malta deserves to win this year, remember you " The one that I love " by Chiara in 1998 and " Seventh wonder " by Ira Losco in 2002 !!!!!

Go to Malta :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: !!!!!

Kris
Mar 9th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Malta should win last year, I voted for the beautiful singer, but at the end...:(

Princess Fiona
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:11 PM
This is Louisa for France :

http://www.doteurovision.com/newspics/louisa.jpg

This is Lou for Germany :

http://www.doteurovision.com/newspics/lou.jpg

Louisa is very pretty... :) Lou has red hair!! So, she is good too!! ;) Thank you for the pictures!! :worship:

Nicoleke
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:16 PM
I really think that Germany will be one of the favourites !!!!!

matthias
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:09 PM
I really think that Germany will be one of the favourites !!!!!

the good on ESC is that the people hear the song just once
because they would get bored about the german song when they would hear them a second time

croat123
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Croatia's represtative was selected today!!

Here name is Claudia and she will sing Vise Nisam Tvoja (I'm not yours anymore)

Here is a pic:

http://www.hrt.hr/dora/dora2003/biografije/slike/claudia2v.jpg

I like the song!

Listen to the song or watch the video from Dora at www.hrt.hr/dora

croat123
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:00 AM
she's not as hot as vesna from last year tho...

vesna:

http://www.hinet.hr/dora/images/vesna.jpg

propi
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM
GB deserved the victory last year