PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here visited a hanuted house/s?

SM
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Here's how it went. I group of friends came past my house on a cold, Monday night. I had no idea where we were going and didnt enquire until we'd driven through a few suburbs on our way to somewhere interesting i was thinking.

Then we approached this suburb Cordeaux Heights on the outskirts of Wollongong and we went up a big hill. The place we went to was 'Windy Gully' oooh spooky name! At first it was a normal, but quite residential area with not much going on...soon we entered a very narrow, poorly maintained road which was when they finally revealed to me we were going to a 'haunted house'.

After driving through that narrow winding road for a while we finally saw something other than bush, a small gate. The entrance to the house i presumed. I asked "so we just jump tht gate and go in?". Ill admit the response kinda chilled me;), as i was told we had to jump the gate, walk about 50m and cross a bridge, then jump another gate before we entered the grounds!! AND to top it off it was in the middle of bush, the middle of nowhere, there was no lighting, no one there except us.

My experience there wasnt that dramatic but still it was kinda chilling. We had no torch with us, so after jumping the first gate we walked in the dark huddled together until we reached the bridge. The slightest sound freaks u out in these circumstances so the soundof birds, of a rat i saw scampering across the bridge etc made my heart race a bit ;).

After the bridge was another walk through some dense bush, and another narrow, dark path. We got to the final gate and i froze for a few mins and mightve been delusional but i thought i could see something hanging from a tree, looked again and it was gone. Seeing we had been stationary for quite some time i climbed the gate and decided to be the leader claiming that if anything happened, it wouldlikely happen to me ;).

As we walked around the ground and closer to the house they told me the story behind it, that some girls were murdered there by some guy a long time ago etc ...suddenly we heard a big bang come from inside the house, and we RAN back to the car. I was last cos i was scared to run too fast in the dark as i couldnt see in those little paths and might trip LOL ;). I was more frightened that some freak was living there or something rather than it being a supernatural force, which i need to see to believe...

SM
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:49 AM
bump. only 2 views :o

caramel
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:55 AM
My house is haunted!!!!

By the way... when I read that thread title I was thinking about "Hanuta" chocolate bars. :lick: I think Im getting hungry.

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Very cool story, Steven! :o

Barrie_Dude
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Actually, over in the States, there is a tradition of attending "Haunted Houses at Halloween! They are actually "staged" and a great deal of fun!

Helen Lawson
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Yes, Neely invited me to a party at her place once, it was scarier than any haunted house I have ever been in.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:35 PM
LOL SM! I love hyping myself up and getting scared.

Barrie_Dude - I go to Haunted Houses every year on Oct. 31st. They are so fun, especially if you want them to be :)

Luna_Angel_84
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:43 PM
My house is haunted. Well my other 2 were haunted and this one is pretty creepy at times cos it is so old and there have been a few weird incidents since we moved in (in July last year).

Dirty Sanchez
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Im so sure my house is haunted!!!

I've posted the story on here before so I won't do it again................

Ok I will! ;) It all started when I heard whistling from another part of the house. I was here alone and was on the internet. I heard it again and it kept on gonig on. I shouted through and even went and checked my front room but no-one was there. I just tried not to pee myself and wait for someone to come home!

Later that night I woke up suddenly and it felt like someone touching my face. I obviously sat up in shock and sure enough I was alone there but I definitely felt my face being touched. DEFINITELY.

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and as I walked across the landing the I heard the whistling from before again! I tried to go to sleep as quick as possible.

This is all the truth and it's pretty freaky!

apoet29
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I have two haunted house stories to share.

The first haunted house I ever entered was my grandfather's old house in Louisville, Kentucky. The house was at least 50 years old when my grandparents bought it and had been vacant for over a year after a couple and their son moved out. My grandparents were able to buy the house for a premium price and could not figure out why. It also disturbed them that their neighbors would not step foot in the house. Their first night in the house gave them their first clue that a supernatural element existed in their home. My grandfather's police dog, Baron, began barking incessantly. Finally, my grandfather went outside and brought Baron in to put the dog in the basement. As soon as my grandfather opened the basement door, Baron began whining and peed all over the floor. That is when my grandfather knew something was wrong since dogs only do that when a predator is around. The next morning at breakfast, my grandmother said good morning to my uncle John who had come in the room. When he didn't reply she looked over and saw that no one was there. She went upstairs and found my uncle still asleep in the bed. Baron was brought back in to search for an intruder but no one could be found and there were no signs of forced entry. After that, my grandparents and uncle began seeing their "roommate," as they called him, on an almost daily basis. He was a young man, about 15 or 16 years old, with a mullet, wearing jeans, a tee-shirt and sneakers. My grandfather did some digging and found that the new roomie had in fact been the son of the previous owners and had committed suicide, by hanging, in the basement of the house. He had been haunting his parents ever since then and that is why they sold the house. My grandparents never really paid attention to him and accepted his presence in the house. I remember his presence as well and saw him many times when I visited. I remember hating to sleep in my uncles bedroom because that was the young man's room and he always would come upstairs and stare at me when I tried to sleep. Sometimes he even tried to touch my face so I would wake up. I was thrilled when my grandparents sold that house.

The second haunting I am involved with is currently occurring in my apartment. My sister and I sometimes smell cigarette smoke and since neither one of us smoke or have friends who did it has to come from another source. Sometimes at night when we sleep, we have both told stories of having someone touch our face or poke us in the back. However, it is a rare occurrence.

Oizo
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:51 PM
I voted the third option. In my house are very odd things going on. I have a witch-doll who is about 1,30m and when you push her hand she starts to laugh evil and wicked. Yesterday evening I was only pulling out the CD-player from the socket and in that very moment she started to laugh wicked and evil.... :eek: :eek: I almost dropped the CD-player on the floor. :o And when she laughs wicked and evil her eyes turn red and they flicker cuz there are small lights in them. Evil evil evil... :o

Now, another story. When my folks are out of the house and I am alone for days I often wake up and either is the light above my head on (the bed has lights for reading above the head) or if I change the room where I sleep the lamp from my desk lights on during the night when I sleep and I wake up with the light turned on. :eek:
Some people told me, it means that I have a guardian angel who is watching me and the problem is, why do I need a guardian angel who turns the light on, if nothing is going to happen. Maybe if the light stays dark something bad will seek me and something will really happen to me. I dunno, but its freakin scary. :confused: :o

TS
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:38 AM
apoet that story is just freaky! I dont know how you were able to even stay in your uncle's house!

Steve, that's pretty spooky stuff...there are quite a few noted haunted houses/estates in Melbourne that people sometimes go to for a lark. I love hearing these types of stories as Im quite the believer in supernatural forces ;)

Barrie_Dude
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Luna_Angel_84
My house is haunted. Well my other 2 were haunted and this one is pretty creepy at times cos it is so old and there have been a few weird incidents since we moved in (in July last year).

Hallucinating that Jennifer is running through your house naked calling your name does not qualify as a "haunting", Claire!:rolleyes: :p ;)

SM
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:35 PM
good1 barrie ;)

Osssge
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:16 PM
All the closed places are haunted for me, if I am alone there!!

Oizo
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:44 PM
All castles are haunted too. And old houses especially those who are built where there are no neighbours in sight. :o

SM
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:40 PM
lol thats only if ur delusional and/or chicken :P

Mitch01
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:03 AM
Sure, last Halloween a big group of us visited a couple of 'haunted' houses...they were both located way out in the middle of orchards, and with the twisted limbs of the trees against the sky, they're pretty spooky ;) One house had these dead gnarled vines growing up the sides of the house, so when we went in and looked out the windows, the vines formed what looked like a barricade. It's cool just to walk around and explore houses like that, because they're usually pretty big...
Anyways one house had a concrete cellar that everyone was too afraid to go in....imagine that, I was with a bunch of my pals and they're all big guys, and they wouldn't go down there, lol...anyways only me and this one girl went down and checked it out, while everyone else huddled at the top of the staircase, and it was strange because it was sooo cold and there was all this bizarre writing all over the walls down there. Anyways, so me and this girl were the only ones brave enough to go down into the cellar, and we kind of got to know each other well that night...wow! love blooms on halloween in a haunted house, what a romantic story :p i haven't called her for awhile, i should, she's very good looking and so much fun. Anyways i'm off track here, but that's my haunted house experience...
I should add that I live right near a ghost town, which was once a big mining town about a hundred years ago. We used to always check out the old abandoned buildings there, the old hotel was huge and soooo scary but so cool, but it burned down last year unfortunately :( and there's a bunch of old houses, there's one big mansion that is really cool and still in good shape, and it actually has a toilet in the house, I didn't realize they had indoor plumbing way back then ;) Anyways I used to always take my city friends to check out all these buildings, but I havent' for awhile, I guess the spook factor wore off a long time ago, lol

Mitch01
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:07 AM
I should also mention that the scariest moment last halloween for us was when we could hear some people walking up to the house...we weren't thinking 'ghosts', but we were thinking 'oh shit someone owns this place and heard us' and it was so dark we couldnt' see who it was, so we went upstairs and hid in a back room that was there, but luckily we didn't get caught, haha. And it's a good thing we parked our vehicles pretty far away from the house ;)

Sam L
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:09 AM
When I was young I used to live in this large two storied house with a huge yard and big trees. My family and others who lived there said it was haunted and told me stories about. Personally I didn't experience anything "haunted" as such but let's just say I never stayed in a room by myself. The rooms were huge.

Well once, they found an underground hole that if you went in was a large space to hide in. It was made of concrete and they said apparently in WWII the Japanese used it as some form of trenches to hide in. I didn't go in, it looked too spooky, some sort of dungeon.

We also had snakes and lizards living the house and once a snake came out of the water pumps.

I personally don't think there are haunted houses, just houses that makes you think they're haunted ;)