PDA

View Full Version : The best thing from Venus...in a long time

tennisIlove09
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:08 AM
The best thing I've heard from Venus in a long time, is the fact that she challenged Serena to play the Diamond Games.

I think Venus is *truly* over her Serena thing....

Chance
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:47 AM
to soon to tell.

I'm happy that Venus didn't double fault as much and was only broken 3(maybe 2) times in the entire tournament.

locks
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Your dead on TennisLove:wavey:

The winds of change has started:bounce:

Chance
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:29 AM
the thing is I can't figure out Venus- it's probably why I like her

Got this off another website
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/eng/news/index3.html

Venus Williams: "See you next year" 16/02/03

Venus Williams was obviously satisfied with her 6-2, 6-4 victory over Kim Clijsters. "Holding that trophy (the diamond racquet) really gives me a kick. I want to take it home with me next year. I just had to show it to my mum. She adores jewels, just like I do." .

Williams: "I played at a high level. My serve was good. Kim wasn't bad either, but I didn't make as much faults. I played my best tennis. The fanatic crowd didn't bother her at any time. When I'm tennissing, I don't hear the noise. It's absolutely normal that the crowd stood behind Kim. But, it put a lot of pressure on her."

" I have nothing but good memories of this tournament. It's perfectly organised and the tournament's president is doing everything to keep his players satisfied. The prices here are really worthwile.
Maybe next year, Serena 'll be here. Or maybe I should tell her to wait another year, till I get my racquet! "
Diamond duel

Venus challenges Serena to play Antwerp next year
Posted: Sunday February 16, 2003 9:13 PM

ANTWERP, Belgium (AP) -- Venus Williams dared her sister and world No. 1 Serena to a tennis duel for the coveted diamond-encrusted trophy racket at the Diamond Games next year.

The challenge came after Williams overwhelmed Belgian star Kim Clijsters 6-2, 6-4 with ease and grace on Sunday, taking a step closer to owning the $1.07 million 1,700 gem-studded trophy racket for good.

"If you want to challenge me here, Serena, if you are watching, come on," Venus said after winning her second consecutive Antwerp title.
"She loves gold and fine jewels. If she comes, she comes ... But I put myself in a good position to get the racket."

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:46 AM
c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go my Queen :worship: :worship: :worship:...let's take what is rightfully yours, even if it means whipping that pisky girl named Serena :devil: ;). Let's kick ass Vee :hearts: :kiss: :hearts:.