PDA

View Full Version : Will I have school tomorrow?

mboyle
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:23 PM
With everyone else in the US having february vacation:rolleyes: , a mini-miracle has happened: Boston has been invaded by some sort of wacky blizzard that has turned a city already covered with snow into a winter wonderland (or hell hole depending on your view). SO the question is, will the short, stubby, evil Dr. Robertson (head of my school) decide tomorrow at 5:30 AM to cancel, or to hold school? Her past record: no snow days so far this year despite c. 4 feet of snow, and only one snow day in the past four years. (we really REALLY should have had one a week ago, it was nearly impossible for me to get home from school that day)

My prediciton: I say Ms. Stubby Power Hungry will play down the snow and expect all 900 of us at assembly as usual, but am praying like a monk for no school.

COME ON DR. ROBERTSON!!!!!!! GIVE ME A SNOW DAY!!!!!

Emola
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:25 PM
lol some people I know in the states dont but I know I dont coz Im on half term!:D

CC
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Just don't go. That's not an option? I'm hoping the same for work, but I can't just not go.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Your governor has called a state of emergency. She may be breaking the law if she requires to go.

That's the luck of living down South. Today there was a light icing on the trees only and school was delayed for 2 hours.

Heck, all it has to do is forecast snow and we close :)

Feb 17th, 2003, 11:43 PM
You are so lucky to get snow days. In Australia school still runs even if the buildings have burnt down (at a different venue of course)...and why didn't we get heat days? The temperature in the classrooms often reached 60 degrees (yes, that is celcius) and we didn't even have fans

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:45 PM
No AC in the classrooms?

Wow....we don't go if the heat or AC doesn't work - no matter what the temp is.

Leena
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Heat days? LOL

The only time we ever get off here is if there's at least 1 foot of snow... with some major winds.

Blogger Dives
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Snow days, I wish there were such thing as Snow Days in FL! haha

If there has been a state of emergency declared, and I believe according to the news they are only calling for "emergency vehicles" on the roads there in Boston. I don't think she can make you go. Then again if she does, have everyone you know call in and threaten to sue because her negligence in requiring you all to attend school could lead to deaths or injuries.

Just a suggestion. ;) :wavey:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:00 AM
I go to a boarding school so we NEVER have snow days since all we have to do is walk 100 yards to class. In 20 years, we have only had TWO snow days. The reason we had the two (back in 91) was because the electricity went out! AND THEY STILL TRIED TO HAVE CLASS! They brought flashlights into classrooms with no windows, no joke. Then the heat went out AND CLASSES STILL WENT AS SCHEDULED! Finally, the state intervened and MADE my school close until the problems were fixed lol.

Master Lu
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:18 AM
mboyle I just noticed you go to Milton Academy. At least I assume you do. I was there a couple of years ago over the summer.

Oh, and Boston University (where I go now), is not having classes tomorrow either.

SUCKERS!! :devil: :lol: :p

lol

Oh, and yeah, back home in Croatia, there's no such things as no clesses for such mudane reasons as over a meter of snow causing public transport colapse. :rolleyes:

Master Lu
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Hey you changed your sig! I'm sure there was no "(my school)" there before!! I'm sure! lol
bah I'm blind... :(

Venus Forever
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:00 AM
THIRTY INCHES of SNOW here.

My school's closed until at least Thursday.:bounce:

I just love the snow!!:D

Leena
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:04 AM
30 inches... pfft.

We've had numerous 40+ inch days in WNY. You guys are just wimps.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:13 AM
We are buried in snow right now and I am sure most of my co-worker are gonna take the day off tomorrow and I will be the only one there because I only live 5 blocks from my office. My boss was already calling me today and I did not answer the phone...:p

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:16 AM
The great thing about the snow is that my honey and I cooked dinner and opened a bottle of wine and just sat by the window and watched how beautiful it was. I live on the ninth floor of a building right on the Hudson River overlooking Manhattan so it was just amazing to watch...MMMMMMMM I love snow storms.

Venus Forever
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Leena
30 inches... pfft.

We've had numerous 40+ inch days in WNY. You guys are just wimps.

How can I be a wimp if I am not complaining??

I'd love 40+ inches. Bring it on.

:D :D :D

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Leena
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
How can I be a wimp if I am not complaining??

You're still a wimp because you don't get Buffalo weather. We're trained to say that to hide the misery we feel from December-March.

Venus Forever
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Come down here to NYC, I'll show you who the wimp is.;)

decemberlove
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:45 AM
fuck the snow... try having the ocean as your new front yard

Venus Forever
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by decemberlove
fuck the snow... try having the ocean as your new front yard

Have had that before too. Actually, my house was an island.:rolleyes: