PDA

View Full Version : Oz (HBO)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:48 PM
I really love this show and they are going all out -- MAJOR DRAMA -- for the series finale.

Sunday is the 100 minute final show. I hate to see it end. It's been a great show.

Any other fans here?

selesfan1
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:58 PM
My friend My'Iecia is a huge fan of this show. Did you see the episode where theguy got raped with the spoon? I don't have HBo but isn't the show like a contemporary sitcomI mean don't they show recent news events in the show?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Well, it is like "art mirroring life."

It's very thought provoking that humans act like that.....I mean, if that's all you have to live for, then what do you do?

It's an awesome show.

Mark43
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:57 AM
I have enjoyed it through the years, but it seems to be a little out of hand now...everybody is getting whacked every few minutes. I was a little pissed that Chris Meloni didn't get naked in this episode. And poor ex-Mister Shannen Doherty, he only lasted about 4 mins before they melted his pretty face off. They should have kept him around for the full episode! His pot antics were hilarious.

decemberlove
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Oz is in no way a sitcom. its a drama series.

i've been watching it for years... but lately it has been getting ridiculous.

i mean beecher going back to jail? please.
and the warden glenn getting killed?

cyril being released at the last second? that was too predictable.

Blogger Dives
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:00 AM
My friend she's obsessed with OZ, always watches. Has never missed a show from what I understand. I've watched it w/ her a few times, can't say I like it. I'm more of a 'Sex in the City'/'Soprano's' type girl.

I guess she'll have to find something else to watch since it's ending for good on Sunday. Maybe I can start making her watch the things I like. :rolleyes:

decemberlove
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:02 AM
my favorite hbo show is six feet under.
so glad its coming on soon

Blogger Dives
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:07 AM
I've not followed 'Six Feet Under' very much, I've seen a few episodes... But not enough to get into it. I might start watching, as everyone always says it's a great show.

PierceU4ia
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Anyone else notice that they are killing off all of the minority characters lately, while creeps like Schillinger and O'Reily seem untouchable. :rolleyes:

decemberlove
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:29 AM
^ thats not at all true.
cutler died. that pothead guy just died. truth is is that right now the aryans seem to be the strongest group of all. the blacks are all split up. and thehispanics are still trying to shit their shit together. .. that new guy... with the destiny drug... whats his name? he might change everything.

and o'reilly isnt that bad of a guy.

schillinger is a piece of shit. hopefullly hell get his.

and blogger... you should really try to watch this seasons first episode of six feet under. the writer is teh same as that of American Beauty. i swear i never cry from movies or shows... but SFU has had me in tears many times.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:32 AM
I just baught the entire first season of Six Feet Under and spent the entire weekend watching all thirteen episodes. I was hooked after the first one. I cant wait untill it starts again in March. This of course means that I will be seeing the third season before I see the second season. My close friend works in creative services at HBO and she does the promos we see on HBO so I will get her to get me the second season.

PierceU4ia
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by decemberlove
^ thats not at all true.
cutler died. that pothead guy just died. truth is is that right now the aryans seem to be the strongest group of all. the blacks are all split up. and thehispanics are still trying to shit their shit together. .. that new guy... with the destiny drug... whats his name? he might change everything.

and o'reilly isnt that bad of a guy.

schillinger is a piece of shit. hopefullly hell get his.

I guess you are right, but I did say lately :)

The white characters who died are Cutler, Beechers father, the guy who killed Beechers father, the brownie guy (Ashley Hamilton), the guy who thought he was Satan, the guy who was a reverend I think, that raised Schillinger ( he was there for killing two little black girls), and the guy who killied him. Two hispanics died, Morales and Martinez, and three blacks, Said, Omar Wright and warden Glenn. So that is what, , 7 white , 3 black and 2 hispanics. I still think O'Reilly is dispicable though, so I gotta disagree with you there.

decemberlove
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:10 AM
well im slightly partial... i have a lil crush on o'reilly

shhhhhh :)

decemberlove
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:13 AM
him and alvarez

i love miguel :hearts:

anyone have any idea why cutler would give everything to miguel?
thnk theyll ever tell us or leave us hanging?

ive been watching oz since the first seaon... tho i did miss last season... so maybe i missed something important?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Yeah, O'Reilly and Alvarez are my faves too ;)

Pureracket
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:52 PM
I think the writing has lost a bit of intensity. For instance the situation with the librarian with breast cancer is flat and uninteresting. Also, I'm not sure that they even know what to do with the Beecher character.

On a side note: I can't believe Keller tongue-kissed that nazifuck Schillinger who just stood there and let him do it.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:00 PM
LOL...that was hilarious....I think Schillinger enjoyed it.

Mark43
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:18 PM
I loved that kiss! haha!
I just wish Chris Meloni was in every scene.
I agree the librarian storyline is a snoozefest.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Which Character was played by Chris Meloni???????

Mark43
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Keller

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Beecher's boyfriend.

harloo
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Don't follow the show to much, but always catch an episode when I can. The last one I saw that idiot Keller set Beecher up and he had to return to oz. I was pissed. Did Beecher die yet? He was my favorite character because he came in and was pushed around, but then he started being ruthless. And then they killed Syiad, I was pissed about that too. Syiad had alot of knowledge for the muslim brothers.

The warden died? When did that happen? I cannot believe it. Anyways, since this is the last show I will watch it to see what happens to the characters.

And the telemarketing thing is stupid.

Pureracket
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:58 PM
The telemarketing thing IS kinda dumb. Also, the old guy that runs the telemarketing company irritates me to no end. He sounds like a pirate when he talks.

Mark43
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I am with you on that one. His facial tics freak me out and are horrifying to watch. Is he Popeye or what? Eeeeck.

Pureracket
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:25 PM
If I were a man who dated prisoners, and I'm not. LOL!!!!! I would definitely find the late Adibisi intriguing. Also, that Hispanic guy who Cutler left all of his belongings to (including his wife) has the darkest eyes that I've ever seen on another man.

G-Ha
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Adebisi is my all-time fave inmate! He was so hot! I'd be his bitch any day! :o I was sooo pissed off when he got killed. I loved that little hat he used to wear off to the side of his head...it looked like a cinnamon roll.

I also like Alvarez...he's pretty hot too.

B.D. Wong must love working on that show, being surrounded by a lot of hot boys, who are naked half the time.

Mark43
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Chris Meloni is the hottest, without a doubt.

I also liked the father of Madonna's first child, Carlos Leon. I have no clue what their characters names are as I am a total star fuÁker. Also I think the new Muslim leader is a hottie. Alvarez is cute...is that scar real???

Pureracket
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Mark,
I think he got that scar the first or second season when he was trying to make himself ugly. He did it to himself for some kind of punishment.

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bajangurl
who are your favorite inmates??? I LOOOOVE Ryan (dean Winters)--i swear, i never understood how women marry jail-house men, meeting them there and writing love letters but i swear-- Ryan would be the one for me-- i just love his mannerisms, the way you see his vulnerabilities and his evil ways..sexy as hell:) *embarrassed*:)

I *completely* agree!!!!! Dean Winters is so *sexy*. See Joy? We *do* have something in common. We're *both* into hot *white* guys! :D We should make a club with Mrs Guga because she's into *white* guys, too, and she likes *rockers* as much as I do. :)

Pureracket
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:43 PM
ooookayyyyyy

Rocketta
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:23 AM
I use to like Dean. OOOOKAAAY! :o

No really I'm so into Dean this season he deserves an emmy for that Cyril death row show. I was crying big time.

The finale is going to be so disheartning, I already know the spoilers and all I can say is Tom Fontana believes in fucking his fans over. :fiery:

The hottest of hot guys in OZ is none other than Keller!!!

Keller is beyond sexy!! :drool: :drool: When he Killed Dixie Chick(can't remember his name) Oh Yeah Winthrop! in the closet and strutted down the hall after. I was like Daayuuum!!

Joy, I so can see how Keller & Ryan could sweep a woman off her feet. :drool: :drool:

Also, none of you'll are a bigger fan than me so STEP BACK!!!

Mark43
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Who caught the finale? I was disapointed. It seemed to lack focus. Oh well, I saw Chris Meloni nude and peeing into a tin can (plus I videotaped it cause I was watching Alias, so I was able to freeze frame on it! Yay!)

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Mark36
Who caught the finale? I was disapointed. It seemed to lack focus. Oh well, I saw Chris Meloni nude and peeing into a tin can (plus I videotaped it cause I was watching Alias, so I was able to freeze frame on it! Yay!)

This was the season of Chris wasn't it? :drool::drool: :drool:

Joy--I know I wanted to see more of Ryan but it was powerfull the little time we did get to see him. :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Yes....I was a bit disappointed with the overall impression of the finale, but I thought it was hilarious that all the Aryians got killed!

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocketta
I use to like Dean. OOOOKAAAY! :o

No really I'm so into Dean this season he deserves an emmy for that Cyril death row show. I was crying big time.

The finale is going to be so disheartning, I already know the spoilers and all I can say is Tom Fontana believes in fucking his fans over. :fiery:

The hottest of hot guys in OZ is none other than Keller!!!

Keller is beyond sexy!! :drool: :drool: When he Killed Dixie Chick(can't remember his name) Oh Yeah Winthrop! in the closet and strutted down the hall after. I was like Daayuuum!!

Joy, I so can see how Keller & Ryan could sweep a woman off her feet. :drool: :drool:

Also, none of you'll are a bigger fan than me so STEP BACK!!!

You *can* have Keller and his big nose! :p He has *almost* the perfect butt but that *schnoz*. :(

Ryan is just so *handsome* and *sexy*. :drool: Even the Latina doctor who's husband he killed a few seasons ago *couldn't* resist Ryan. Joy you have a bf so Ryan's all *MINE*! :D

Pureracket
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:36 AM
The finale sucked!!!!! I can't believe that there were so many open holes left.

Rocketta
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Tom Fontana had to leave some openings there might be a movie!! <fingers crossed! ;)>

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:00 PM
That's what I was thinking......I hope so!

Pureracket
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:33 PM
I don't even know if I would be inspired to see the movie the finale was so bad.

G-Ha
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:53 PM
I, too, was really disappointed with the finale...in fact, I was disappointed in the entire last season. Killing off almost every main character was just too over the top for me. I wish they would've focused a little more on developing the plot rather than just going for shock value by killing a popular character each week.

hey bajangurl, your man is really into Oz, huh? You realize that show's really popular with the gay boys...hopefully he won't start making certain requests like the guy in cybelle's thread...;)

Rocketta
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:55 PM
hahaha- someone that was more disappointed in the final than i was- i was really disappointed too:( yeah, i dont' know if i want a movie- i really wished they continued with the show...did you guys watch OZ from the very beginning? At first i didn't like it, i thought it was too violent and graphic but my man was into it and i started watching more of the 2 season with him and i really stared to get into it....now its over...they could have ended Sopranos last season, it was such a disappointment..can't wait of 6 feet under-- do you guys watch?

Yes I've watched since day one! I'm a totally OZ hound and have OZ friends around the world that I met on the OZ board on HBO.

I love Six Feet Under as well. I hate the Sopranos, I think its a snorefest! zzzzzz

I wish OZ would've continued at least another season. I think he should've given himself two seasons to write the ending that way he would've had more time to wrap up the storylines.

Joy, tell me if you like spoilers I've read some doozies for 6fu. :)

Rocketta
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:16 PM

Rocketta- no, i don't like spoilers:eek: I can't beleive yiu checked some out...that would kind of ruin it for me although i'm the type sometimes to skip to the last page of a book.....:eek:

I usually like to be surprised but I was searching for good news to cheer me up after reading horrible news about the OZ final. ( don't you like how I'm not saying if I got that good news or not. LOL ;) )

For everyone who thought Tom Fontana Killing all the regular cast members was over the top you have to remember that the big selling point for Tom and HBO on season one was the fact that he killed off the two leading characters of the show. That was his trade mark and he got away from it when the show starting showing it had longevity. That's one of the things he meant when he said he was going to get back to the story he meant to tell in the beginning which meant a whole lot of people were going to die.

I don't think he would've killed Hill or Said but Harold P. was filming the Matrix movies and needed the time. Also, Eamonn Walker was filming in Hawaii and missed the first half of filming which turned out to be the end of the series.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:52 AM
I love Six Feet Under and Queer as Folk.

Six Feet is better, but QAF represents :)