PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity of a lifetime for Lindsay Lee-Waters

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:47 PM
She won her last main draw Sanex match at this very tournament SIX YEARS AGO! She drew a player in Carly Gullickson who is way out of her league. Carly's last tournament result was when she failed to get past round 1 in 10K qualies. Clearly the tournament organizers felt the need to flush a wild card down the toilet. For another country girl (Lindsay is from Georgia), this is a perfect chance to gain some much needed points to get back into the top 100 and get into the Sanex winners circle after a six year absence. Go Lindsay!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Great post, and if she does win her first round she has a nice shot at making the quarters to playLisa Raymond. She gave Lisa a tough match last time they played. Anything can happen!!!

BK4ever
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Yes great opp for Lindsay, but Carly is no slouch, she may not have the results yet, but she has game. Even so, Lindsay should win this one. If she does, she will have a great chance against Lisa...she fell apart in her last match against Lisa after having her on the ropes.

monster
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:44 PM
I really hope Lindsay comes through here.
It si great to see here in a Tier 3 draw on her own merit.
I have been meaning to write my Australian open report but have been way out of control at work.
Anyways, I saw lindsay qualify for the OZ Open beating Tartakova in the last round. In all honestly, power wise, Lindsay is right up their. She hits the crap out of it and blew Elena T off the court.
I Then saw her play Raymond in the 1st round-again relly imprssed with her groundies. her serve was solid and she shoiwed she could volley too. She ran away to a 5-2 lead befor she became a little more inconsistant and Raymond started moving Lindsay around more. Afetr loosing the 1st set she was a little disgruntled, as she had many chances but kept fightnig all the way before going don ni a close 2 setter.
Towards the end lindsay looked very tired and her footwork became a little sloppy.
Not being mean or negative (and I know she is a mother which is also hard work!!!!!) but she will need to improve her fitness. NOt so much that she is slow rather that she gets slower as the matches go on b'c she isn't fit enough.
On a side note, Ashley and Spears came and sat nest to Lindsay's husband (who sounded Australian) and renee Stubbs came over briefly to watch the match
Anyways, go Lindsay!

BK4ever
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:46 PM
I agree...Lindsay fitness is one of the main reasons she has not gotten over the hump since her return. She needs to hit the weight room as well as work on her endurance.

Gowza
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:00 PM
go lindsay!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:02 PM
At the tournaments that I've seen Lindsay play, all of the other players love her child. Teryn & Abigail & Sandra Cacic played with LIndsay's baby during her match, it was really cute.

Monica_Rules
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Well she lost

Hurley
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Carly won, 6-3 3-6 7-5. Impressive result from the youngster.

I expected Lindsay to win, but I guess Carly showed up all of us.

selesfan1
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Bradshaw #1 Lindsay is not from gerogia. She is from Owasso ,Oklahoma.

ptkten
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Great job Carly :)

Too bad for Lindsay.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Ok, no disrespect to Carly, but this has to be so depressing for Lindsay. I mean, she is one of the top USA "challenger" level players and for her to lose to Carly is just shocking.

Well done Carly - hope you can do more :)

Lindsay - good luck in your next event :)

BK4ever
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:33 AM
A very big wasted opp especially given the fact that Loit had to withdraw...she could have at least made QF :sad:

Hopefully Diana or Carly can take advantage.

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Good job Carly :D

So one of Carly Gullickson, Maria Goloviznina and Diana Ospina will be in the QF :eek:

Jem
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:06 PM
If you've ever seen Carly Gullickson play, you wouldn't be surprised by her victory over Lee-Waters. I saw Carly play two years ago as a 14-year-old in the Stone Mountain Challenger. I think she made the quarterfinals and has a very strong game. I'm not surprised at all that she beat Lindsay. She has game.