PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls Reunited

Seles_Beckham
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Spice Girls Are Friends Reunited
All five Spice Girls are to be reunited for the first time in five years, it has been reported. It is thought the girls will attend a lavish dinner to be hosted by Victoria Beckham, who, according to The People, is trying to relaunch the girl band.Although Beckham's publicist denies the claims, the paper reports the girls are ready to bury the hatchet with Geri Halliwell for a comeback that could earn them more than £50m.

Geri, formerly Ginger Spice, left the top-selling girl group for a solo career in 1998.

The band split shortly afterwards but all have since had solo hits.

Together the girls became one of Britain's biggest musical exports.

They sold 35m albums and over 25m singles worldwide, including Wannabe, Mama and Viva Forever.

Seles_Beckham
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Victoria Beckham's plan for a Spice Girls comeback will mean the most sensational reunion in pop history - worth £50 million just for starters.
A top record company boss told The People last night: "It'll be the biggest news to hit the music world since the death of Elvis.
"It's a case of Look Out World. The earnings will be absolutely astronomical."
The executive added: "The only thing bigger would be the Beatles reforming...which can't happen."
Victoria Beckham is masterminding moves to relaunch the most successful girl band ever - by hosting a dinner for the four other ex-Spice Girls tomorrow night.
It will be the first time Posh, Geri Halliwell, Mel B, Mel C and Emma Bunton have all been together in the same room in FIVE YEARS.
Victoria invited the warring girls to her Beckingham Palace home in a bid to bury the bitchiness and rows triggered when Ginger Spice Geri sensationally walked out in May 1998.
And top talking point over the food and wine will be reforming the band that took the pop world by storm with NINE No 1 hits, including Wannabe, Say You'll Be There and Too Much.
A source said last night: "This is the meeting no one thought would happen. But Victoria has pulled out all the stops to make sure it comes off.
"She's the one who put in the effort to make sure all the girls stayed connected in one way or another. She has talked to Geri and made it easier for her to return with the other girls. If it wasn't for Victoria's persistence and determination, this never would have been possible.
"But Girl Power could be back - and with an even bigger bang than before."
The individual Spice Girls have had mixed career success since their split but if Victoria has her way they could:

-RELAUNCH themselves with a world tour - netting at least £50 million from tickets and merchandising.

-RAKE in even more from record sales - reliving the glory days when their debut album alone sold a staggering 28 million.

-WIN a whole new army of fans - "while writing themselves a blank cheque, adding zeros as they go" as one music industry chief put it.

Mum-of-two Victoria, 28, will probably be joined by soccer ace hubby David at the dinner at their £2.5 million Hertfordshire home.
Our source said: "Victoria always said the Spice Girls were not finished. They are her first love and she is pretty sure the other girls feel the same way. The had a fantastic laugh together in the old days. Posh hopes dinner and a few glasses of wine will allow them to enjoy themselves again.
"It will be very much a girls night in even though David intends being there. But as well as having a laugh, Victoria will bring up the chances of them getting together again.
"Getting all five round the same table is truly amazing in itself. Everyone knows about their amazing bust-ups. But all are older and wiser and it's time to forgive and forget.
"The return of the Spice Girls would be earth-shattering. It will need lots of work but meeting like this gets rid of the first hurdle."
The insider added: "None of the girls needs the money but they still love the thought of success. All of them seem to be looking forward to the dinner."
A pal of Geri said: "She knows she was blamed by some of the others for breaking up the Spice Girls. She is nervous but determined to enjoy herself.
"Geri would be fairly guarded about getting back professionally but wouldn't rule it out."
Geri quit amid stories of rows with Mel B. The group vowed to continue as a four-piece even after Mel B and Victoria got pregnant. But the band faded and the end came after Mel C said she planned no more Spice Girls work.
A record boss said: "We have seen nothing like them since. They were a truly global phenomenon.
"The money they would make by simply announcing a comeback is beyond anyone's

AjdeNate!
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Viva Forever!!!

Evey
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:47 PM
hmmm, I don't know if i believe this story as it was in the papers not so long ago that Mel C said that she would never reunite with the Spice Girls.

anabel
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
OMG :bounce:

Seles_Beckham
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Maybe, you can never be sure 100% with the newspapers.

JonBcn
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Seles_Beckham
"It'll be the biggest news to hit the music world since the death of Elvis.

THAT is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I've nothing against the Spice Girls, but I doubt very much if all 15,000 or so people who bought their last album are all getting their knickers in a twist at the prospect of a reunion.

If you're a fan though, dont get too excited...these stories come around once in a while on a slow news day

Seles_Beckham
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:55 PM
You never know. maybe this is not truth but it would be cool.

spiceboy
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Spice Girls rock!!!!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:15 PM
I love them! They are awesome!!!!!!! :D

Seles_Beckham
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Hi to everyone :wavey: :wavey:

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:02 PM
oh dear.......*leaving the U.K on the first plane out*:wavey:

Emola
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:25 PM
*hoping Jennifermarie didnt buy last ticket* ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:30 PM
SPICE GIRLS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be the greatest day in music if they returned to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Em
*hoping Jennifermarie didnt buy last ticket* ;)

no i did a bulk booking for fellow Brits!;)

Emola
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:43 PM
aww thanks ;) now I can breathe easily again ;)

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:48 PM
also Em u hav my deepest sympathies.........at least my part of the country was not once home to any of them!!!:eek: ;)

Emola
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:49 PM
ooooh lol sporty and the kop yeah I know ;) Im a bigger fan than she is :p

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:52 PM
of course u r........altho the site of her in MY club mite tempt me off to Everton if i was you! how dare she invade your kop!:mad:

Emola
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:54 PM
:eek: believe me nothing would tempt me off to Everton ;) I know the cheek of her!:p

Mattographer
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:02 AM
They did say that last year once but didn't happened :rolleyes:

King Aaron
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DeuceDiva
recently, ms. beckham was in hong kong inquiring as to the availability for purchase of some of the most toxic herbs known to deuce diva...apparently, she wanted it for a new dish she's trying out....something about the spice girls and trying new spices...and now this. i don't know...i would be highly suspicious of this reunion dinner (please god, say it's not true)...in hong kong...we call this...eliminating the competition...

lmao!!!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:49 PM
:eek: Why does the thought of a "Spice Girls" reunion send shivers down my spine? Is it because of the Britney Spears times 5 factor? Perhaps!:eek:

Keith
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Although they were a complete novelty in the music industry, I did somewhat enjoy some of their catchy songs.

Fieke
Feb 17th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jennifermarie
no i did a bulk booking for fellow Brits!;)

*orders ferry ticket to Belgium, just in case you don't want to share with non-Brits living in Britain* ;)

Flappie
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:42 PM
YAY ! I used to be a big fan! :o:D

Seles_Beckham
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:11 PM
The Spice reunion has been confirmed by BBC News. A spokeswoman for Victoria Beckham has confirmed that the girls are planning a social reunion this week for the first time in five years. The spokeswoman said the five would meet socially "at some time this week", but denied a comeback was on the cards. "They're meeting socially for dinner, it's not to discuss getting back together," she said

kazbeee
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:19 PM
I really can't see this happening with Mel C having her new album released next month and then touring it. She played over a hundred gigs with Northern star so Can't see her stopping now

Seles_Beckham
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:24 PM
The Spice reunion has been confirmed by BBC News. A spokeswoman for Victoria Beckham has confirmed that the girls are planning a social reunion this week for the first time in five years. The spokeswoman said the five would meet socially "at some time this week", but denied a comeback was on the cards. "They're meeting socially for dinner, it's not to discuss getting back together," she said

Seles_Beckham
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:24 PM
sorry i post it 2 times.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Fieke
*orders ferry ticket to Belgium, just in case you don't want to share with non-Brits living in Britain* ;)

regardless of nationality, my bulk booking covers any poor fucker in the U.K who had to put up with them the 1st time round!!!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Seles_Beckham

pffffff :(

oh well, i guess i will still have to live in 1997 and listen to Wannabe 10 timees a day! :D

tennisIlove09
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:57 AM
as sad as it may sound, I like the Spice Girls!:o

Seles_Beckham
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:05 AM
I heard on TV. that they will relised a CD of their best songs, but I don't know if this is truth.....