PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations is in order for Venus Williams and Jonas Bjorkman...

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:14 AM
... who have both made the finals of their respective tournaments this week.

What a fantastic coincidence!

tennisIlove09
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:17 AM
well, congrats must also be sent out to Kim Clijsters and Roger Federer.

:o

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:25 AM
True, but I fail to see the exciting connection between Fed and Kim.

Jonas and Venus share a special bond.

tennisIlove09
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Really? what?:o

so much for me being a big Venus fan:rolleyes:

GoGoMaggie
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Jonas seems to have been in a tremendous form since he made that remark. He made a semifinal showing in his first tournament of the season, became the hero helping sweden beat Brazil n this week he's made the finals...wow Jonas..
to those who claimed you didnt know who the fuck Jonas was, it's a good time to get to know him.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Well gomaggie, they didn't just claim to not know who he was, but somehow through their complete disregard of him they also learned that he is apparently a "nobody" of a player. Which was highly amusing, to say the least.

Experimentee
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Thats cool coz i like both Venus and Jonas. In fact I also like Kim and Roger. What a great two tournaments for me :)

Freewoman33
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Good for him, now he can shut the hell up.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Indeed Experimentee. The week would have been ideal for me too, if only Justine could have found a way to beat Kim again.

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Jonas was there by default. Venus earned her finals spot and her
tournament championship with a terrific win over a top rate opponent.

Hulet
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Well, the "coincidence"/"exciting connection" ends there as Venus defeat Kim 6-2 6-4 and Jonas succumbs to a 6-2 7-6 loss to Roger Federer. Unless you notice the "coincidence" that the first set scores were the same.

Ridiculous thread.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Well eta psi, Queen of ridiculous threads, I'm flattered to see that you have noticed.

Uxobi, Jonas wasn't there by total default, he did have to win a few matches to get there. It's not his fault that Escude couldn't play the semifinals.

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Jonas received a proper butt whipping from Roger. LOL!!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Well really, just about any player indoors will recieve a butt whipping from Roger when he's playing well. Even Hewitt would if Roger remembered to bring his brain along when they played.

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Jonas should have practiced with Venus. I'm sure she would have been more than gracious in giving him some pointers.

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Hehe...I find it funny that had nobody mentioned Jonas making it to the finals of whatever tournament he's playing in this week, I STILL wouldn't know anything about him or his extraordinary capabilities. In light of all this new information, I also find it ironic that I STILL don't care, or wish to get to know him on any level. :p

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Doesn't change anything---Jonas lost, and I'm happy! Don't mess with Venus and Serena!

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Hehe...I find it funny that had nobody mentioned Jonas making it to the finals of whatever tournament he's playing in this week, I STILL wouldn't know anything about him or his extraordinary capabilities. In light of all this new information, I also find it ironic that I STILL don't care, or wish to get to know him on any level.

And so begins the lecture! That's because you aren't a "tennis fan" Hail Venus, at least not a mens tennis fan. But that's okay. People like you keep tennis on TV, and we love you for it.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Uxobi, I'm almost certain that Jonas losing was directly connected to his words about Venus and Serena.

Surely it was in no way effected by the 15 sets he played last weekend, followed by his run here that was stopped by one of the best players in the world.

Hulet
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Well eta psi, Queen of ridiculous threads, I'm flattered to see that you have noticed.

Only one correction - It's King.

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Rebecca, you can't get upset with me because I care nothing for men's tennis. THAT'S WHY I JOINED A WOMEN'S TENNIS BOARD. What's your reason? You've gotta realise that you can't turn everybody into the type of "tennis fan" that you want them to be. You are totally wrong in saying that I'm not a tennis fan because I don't care to know Jonas Bjorkman's history in the sport, or follow his career. And you talk about lectures???? Isn't that what these "Jonas is great and you're an idiot if you don't know anything about him" threads all about??? Come on...get over it. You're fighting a losing battle trying to get a Williams fan to watch anything he does now after him admitting that he doesn't like Venus and Serena. Jonas and Williams fans have nothing at all in common now.

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Come on Rebecca...no need to be stupid! I am just still po'd at his comments....that's all. I really did not want him to win. I believe his comments regarding Venus and Serena had no merit because he has played with female players who been described far worse than Venus and Serena regarding attitude.

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:43 PM
The only press Jonas has received lately was him mentioning Venus and Serena.....and now getting his butt pasted! LOL!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Some of you are getting way to excited. Especially you Hail Venus. How anybody could assume that I was being anything less than sarcastic here is beyond me.

eta psi - since when are you male?

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Maybe because your attempt was a hopeless failure. But, I don't believe that you weren't being serious, Becca. Anyway, that's the way I feel about the matter whether you were being sarcastic or not.

Experimentee
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Indeed Experimentee. The week would have been ideal for me too, if only Justine could have found a way to beat Kim again.

Well now that you mention it the tournament really would have been ideal if Hrbaty had beaten Jonas but then nothings ever perfect.

Freewoman33
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Okay, I thought he won the match. I take back my comment, because I know he's still going to be bitter.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:51 PM
To be honest, I would have prefered to see Hrbaty take out Jonas as well.

Volcana
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:51 PM
The guy says something nice about his ex, and the world jumps on him.

Uxobi
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:52 PM
LOL @ Jonas! I will never have respect for him. Venus shines while he whines!!!!

Experimentee
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Volcana
The guy says something nice about his ex, and the world jumps on him.

Jonas is happily married. I think you're referring to Norman ;)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Martina isn't a total homewrecker, lets give her some credit here.

Hulet
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:05 PM
:)Bjorkman succumbs to another loss - 3-6 6-4 6-1 to Ferrero.:)

Way to go Ferrero (as this is the only time I will ever root for you).