PDA

View Full Version : What will the WTA be like in 10 years???

Jericho
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:34 AM
When Seles, Davenport, Capriati, Venus and Serena are long gone, what will the WTA be like??

Will it be ruled be ruled by power players like now??
Will it be dominated by super power players who look back and laugh at venus' weak 120 serve???
Or will it come full circle and be ruled by finesse players??

Leena
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:35 AM
They'll be playing on flying saucers... and strings will be replaced by mekbor that is indestructible.

Darkheart
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:41 AM
It will be ruled by players who are good all around - fast, some power, good touch, variety, smarts.

Just my guess.

*JR*
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:41 AM
The players will be digital like "Simone" (or Wertheim's take-off from that "Simonya"), and I'll be able to speak with their (cyberselves) without getting blasted for it on WTAW! :D

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:01 AM
they will b replaced by bionic women.........oh, hang on............:p

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:08 AM
I don't know what it will be like.....but I probably won't like it as much as I do right now ;)

mboyle
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:10 AM
It will be ruled by Maria Sharapova (and according to my English Mystery Paper, Serena will hire a mafia member to murder the poor thing just because Ms. Williams was fed up with loosing all the time:o !)

Dokicfan17
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:12 AM
i think Maria Sharapova, Dinara Safinfa, Svetlena Kuznetsova, Ashley Harkleroad, Ally Baker, Marion Bartoli, and Marta Domachowska(sp?) will rule tennis

especially maria and ashley

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Actually, I think there will be at least 7 players that none of us know now.

Look, these players were unheard of in 1993:

Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Kim Clijsters
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Daniela Hantuchova
Jelena Dokic

I didn't put Mauresmo on the list because she was good in juniors, but she was only like 11 or 12 in 93.

Also left off the list - Jennifer (duh), Monica (duh), and Lindsay - she was just getting started IN the top 10.

So, probably from 5-7 players that no one knows will be there.

Gowza
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:27 AM
before now efven top players could get away with not being the quickest and having a slow serve and one weak shot either their backhand or forehand. in this time to be at the top they need to have a strong serve, they need to be reasonabley quick and they can't have any weakness on one wing. most of the current top 10 at least compared to the rest of the tour have consistent strokes off both sides with power of course there is a difference between venus and serena, #1 and #2 and the #10 but the #10 is still stronger off both sides than most of the rest of the tour.

i'd say in 10 years most players will need to be strong off both sides, be speedy, have a strong serve and be able to serve and volley. basically be able to do everything well and the game probably won't be quite as much baseline as it is today players will probably mix it up a bit more.