PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams Pulls Out Of Dubai Open

Venus Forever
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Venus Williams pulls out of Dubai Open

February 15, 2003
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- Venus Williams pulled out of the Dubai Open on Saturday, citing a change of schedule.

Williams told tournament organizers she has been forced to take a closer look at her tight schedule for the year and decided to skip Dubai.

Williams, ranked No. 2, was to play Daniela Hantuchova in the semifinals of the Diamond Games in Antwerp, Belgium, on Saturday.

Americans Jennifer Capriati and Monica Seles, along with Justine Henin-Hardenne, the top seed, and defending champion Amelie Mauresmo are entered in the Dubai Open, which begins Monday.

joao
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:11 PM
bizarre bizarre !

leslie
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by joao
bizarre bizarre !

Why is it bizarre?

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:15 PM
I agree it looks strange, but if Venus decides to do so, I am sure she has a good reason!

irma
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:17 PM
if it is for her safety then I fully understand it but change of schedule should not be a reason two days before. so in that case she should get a fine!

leslie
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:18 PM
I am glad she pulled out. I do not think it is safe there. I was wondering why the players would decided to go there at a time like this. I think they should cancell that tournment.

Leena
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:19 PM
I don't know if traveling there is such a concern for her... since she did play there last year, which was only 6 months after 9/11.

There's no reason for her to play this tourney anyway... she'll only lose the SF points she got last year. Big whoop.

If I were Venus, I'd prepare on getting focused for Miami.

lizchris
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I think she may play Indian Wells after all.

Infiniti2001
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Venus has something up her sleeve ehhh?? I'm cool with whatever is best for her:P

anton
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:35 PM
from talking to friends, terriorists dont go to dubai, only billionaires and major VIPS live there.

SerenaSlam
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:36 PM
i think she might have something up her sleeve as well, i don't think venus is going to want to loose her semifinal points for nothing?

Weevee
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:38 PM
I suspect it is all about the Iraq war. In that case it is a wise move. If you live in America you have no idea of the heat that has been generated by the proposed war.

Playa
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:44 PM
there are still some people who live outside America who have no idea of the heat that has been generated by the proposed war....

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I agree......it's weird, living like this sometimes. I feel like we live in the middle east with all this talk of violence and stuff.

USA was used to nothingness ;)

and about Venus -- perhaps the CIA or FBI tipped her off about the war starting next week and told her to avoid the area ;)

LucasArg
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Tight schedule??????:confused:

What tournament is she adding?:( :( :(

SHe should enter to more tier I tournaments.

AjdeNate!
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I wish she would have said what she's changing or altering. Probably doesn't want to be tired for Fed Cup or something.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Who cares?

It would be fine with me if she pulled out of every tournament.

BK4ever
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:15 PM
If you don't care then why r u in here :rolleyes:

Playa
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM
cos he is "ken starr" the inquisitor.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:26 PM
lol..... you got me!!

harloo
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:30 PM
The queen is keeping tabs on the war. She knows what's going on in the middle east, and she is gonna go home and let this mess play out. She is not gonna get caught up in no war bullshit.

I'm a little dissapointed, because I wanted her to put Jen in her place in the finals. Oh well, I guess she made the right decision.

Havok
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:38 PM
she has to look over her tight schedule. what fuckin tight schedule. the girl only plays 14 tournaments. she has all the fuckin time in the world to play other tournaments. what a freakin retard.

leslie
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:39 PM
You are right Venus is aware of what is going on in the world. She's an avid reader and likes to know what is happening.

wongqks
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Dubai is probably 10 times more save than US at the moment :rolleyes:

joao
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:42 PM
I find that odd that Venus would use a "tight schedule" as an excuse.

She has already reduced her schedule this year compared to last year's (she didn't defend Gold Coast and Paris) and now she won't return to Dubai (that's 3 les tournaments than last year at the same time).

I don't see her replacing Dubai anytime soon : Serena will play in Scottsdale (so venus won't go there) and IW is out of the question (Serena and Venus were pretty convincing on that matter) ... so her next tournament will be "Miami" which is March 17th, Fed Cup will be one month after Miami ... this is everything but tight Venus!

With Hamburg gone, Amelia Island will be her 4th tournament of the year. At that pace, Venus will be playing 1 tournament per month. She plays one week, and rests for 3 weeks. So, I'm a bit disappointed because I'm a huge fan of hers and I'd like to see her play more often!

Now I'd really like to know the real reson for her withdrawal???

Maybe the war ... but she also stated she wasn't afraid of the war because blah blah God whatever ...

:(

CapFan#1
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:44 PM
tight schedule??? she only plays 14 or so tournys, I say fine her the highest amount possible. If she isn't injured, she should be playing here. what a lame excuse. If she is planning a return to IW, that's weeks away, another lame excuse.

leslie
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:49 PM
It is amazing you guys can't stand when V/S play in a tournment, you can't stand to see them on court, they are bad for tennis yada, yada, yada, but when they pull out of a tournment you have so much to say. You should be happy since you all do not like them it will give your favorites a chance to win a trophy. Bunch of hyprocrites.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by starr
Who cares?

:D LMAO!!!:D And not wanting to be accused of being hypocritical, i shall state for the record, i am happy!!

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Not me, Leslie. I'm thrilled she pulled out. She should sit down right now and thin out her tight schedule even more.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:53 PM
rotflmao!!! starr, u kill me!!:D :D

lizchris
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by leslie
It is amazing you guys can't stand when V/S play in a tournment, you can't stand to see them on court, they are bad for tennis yada, yada, yada, but when they pull out of a tournment you have so much to say. You should be happy since you all do not like them it will give your favorites a chance to win a trophy. Bunch of hyprocrites.

You have a great point. Most of the people who are on here who are Venus and Serena critics who can't live with them, but can't live without them. They should be happy that they aren't playing, but they aren't I think, becaus they want their favorites to have a chance (allbeit small) to beat Venus and Serena but they aremad because THEY think they are being cheated.

Master Lu
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:55 PM

I don't really care one way or another, but I do think she should get fined. The tourney already started (quallies) and she gave absolutely no excuse whatsoever for pulling out. Rules are rules, nothing hypocritical about it.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah. The rules should be enforced for sure.

The only thing is, I don't really want her punished for pulling out. Can we fine her when she shows up? Would that be wrong?

Jennifer's wife
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Starr, STOP IT!! youre killing me!!:D :D so, who else should get fined for turning up? This could get interesting..........:devil:

mn73
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:13 PM
I'm a huge Venus fan and love to see her play, but citing a tight schedule when you have played two events in 2003 and are only planning on 12 or 13 events all year anyway is bizarre. She wins matches so easily to I find it hard to imagine she is tired already.
Whatever her reasons, I hope she hurries back to a tournament somewhere soon.

Freewoman33
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:14 PM

You said it best Leslie. What I think it is, is an opportunity for the little worms to utter hatred. They have nothing else to whine about concerning Venus. They are BURNING inside!!! ENJOY YOUR OPPORTUNITY BASTARDS, IT WONT LAST TOO LONG....LOSERS!!!

deydreemyn
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by wongqks
Dubai is probably 10 times more save than US at the moment :rolleyes:

Even if it is 10 times more safe, unless the rest of her family is over there with her, she probably would rather be with them instead of in Dubai.

When she and Serena pulled out of tournaments after 9/11 they cited wanting to spend more time with their family at that time as for the reason for pulling out.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Oh yeah. the "more time with my family" excuse. Isn't that what every politician says when he retires? Or corrupt CEO? Bollux.

Freewoman33
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Oops...I forgot, it's your head that's in your ass. Sorry!!!

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Again, your vocabulary, your imagination, creativity and mastery of rhetoric astound me and leave me awestruck.

Should I be upset by your paltry attempts to insult? No. Pity appears the more appropriate emotion.

wongqks
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by deydreemyn
Even if it is 10 times more safe, unless the rest of her family is over there with her, she probably would rather be with them instead of in Dubai.

When she and Serena pulled out of tournaments after 9/11 they cited wanting to spend more time with their family at that time as for the reason for pulling out.

I am not arguing the fact that Venus shouldn't pull out of Dubai coz of security reason, i am just trying to tell people who said Dubai will be so so dangerous that they are wrong that's all :)

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:48 PM
I don't see why Venus should be so afraid of Dubai when there she is in Antwerp with all those crazed Belgians who are threatening her with mortal injury just so that Justine and Kimmy can take over the one and two spots. Dubai must seem a haven compared to the hell she occupies right now.

Kart
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Pulling out this late is a bit unfair of Venus. Could she not have seen this coming earlier ?

Mind you, I don't think it's a bad idea, it's a long flight from Antwerp to Dubai to make just for a week of tennis - especially when you've played a tournament to the final the week before.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Yeah, it's particularly hard on her because of the depth of the field in Dubai and the fact that she would only have three weeks of rest afterward.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:06 PM
LOL....this thread is hilarious!

Whether you love Venus or not - EVERYONE in this thread is obsessed with her....

including me :D

harloo
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Be glad that Venus is out, because it will help some of your favorites. Geesh, if Venus plays their is a problem and if she doesn't play it's a problem with some people. She pulled out of the tournament, now go and cheer for your fave to win.

Infiniti2001
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Cry me a river <sob sob> Who the hell wants to be in the path of duhbya's missiles anyway?? Like I said before, "some" of Venus's critics sound woeful:eek: :fiery:

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Who's complaining that she's not playing???????

I'm campaigning to have her banned from all tournaments.

Obsessed? Well, you know, it's like a car wreck... ya don't wanna look, but ya do.

Hendouble
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:17 PM
People, people can't we all get along and agree on something. Specifically, the following:

1. The Williams sisters' domination of the WTA is annoying.
2. We should be very grateful for any opportunity we have to get one them out of a tournament before it even starts.
3. Even though it is a good thing, it still showcases the Williamses' ridiculously casual approach to the Tour whereby playing 13 events in a year somehow qualifies as making you burnt out and tired. Try telling that to Dokic, who played something like 30 last year and really is feeling the effects.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Obsessed? Well, you know, it's like a car wreck... ya don't wanna look, but ya do.

Yes, but at some point it becomes a problem, especially when one cannot remove themselves from thinking about it.......

trust me, i know

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Hendouble
People, people can't we all get along and agree on something. Specifically, the following:

2. We should be very grateful for any opportunity we have to get one them out of a tournament before it even starts.
3. Even though it is a good thing, it still showcases the Williamses' ridiculously casual approach to the Tour whereby playing 13 events in a year somehow qualifies as making you burnt out and tired. Try telling that to Dokic, who played something like 30 last year and really is feeling the effects.

hahahahaha! at first I thought you were being serious, then I realized not anyone could possible think this way...

You almost got me Hendouble!

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Ah but I can.

What I like best about these threads is irritating Williams fans. (Pity about that ignore feature though) I never watch either Venus or Serena on television unless they are playing somebody I like... Or unless I catch wind that someone is beating them.

If they are playing each other... forget it. Actually, their domination of the slams has freed up some Saturdays for me. So, kudos for that.

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Fuckem down Venus...fuck them down. You can do what you fucking please. Cause you are THE fucking Venus Williams and I love you!!!

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Excuse me? I thought Hendouble's post was a model of reason.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Bonkers, you really are!!

How refreshing.

And, as you recognize... she is "the fucking Venus Williams" sometimes shortened to TFVW or FVW.

Hendouble
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Seconded. It's a pity I wasn't around to witness any of Serena's defeats last year, but when I heard about them later it was like manna from heaven. Schnyder beating her, Mauresmo and Capriati in a row! Henin trashing her on clay (albeit briefly, and soon avenged)! Rubin making sure that she wouldn't win anything besides the US Open in America that summer! Ah, truly glorious days...

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:27 PM
I'm glad starr and Hendouble, that you 2 have said these things. This makes me realize that you are not philosophical thinkers in an enlightened world....

rather, you are just like me, and every other mundane poster that comes here.......welcome to the club, it's official now :)

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Yup... Didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Is there an enlightened world?

Hendouble
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Mr Mundanity, where do I sign up?!!!

harloo
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Ah but I can.

What I like best about these threads is irritating Williams fans. (Pity about that ignore feature though) I never watch either Venus or Serena on television unless they are playing somebody I like... Or unless I catch wind that someone is beating them.

If they are playing each other... forget it. Actually, their domination of the slams has freed up some Saturdays for me. So, kudos for that.

Well, you must like yourself a whole lot starr because you are more obsessed with the Williams than their fans. :rolleyes:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Mr Mundanity, where do I sign up?!!!

On CKB's ass :kiss:

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Actually, not.

I probably haven't posted here for oh..... 2 months. I reckon you post here nearly every day.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:34 PM
But I do see that I am irritating you, and you know, that makes it all worth it, and who knows maybe I'll get real busy again and disappear for another 2 months. :)

harloo
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Actually, not.

I probably haven't posted here for oh..... 2 months. I reckon you post here nearly every day.

Well, you are still an obsessed with the Williams. I don't care how much you post. That's your business fallen star.:rolleyes:

tennisIlove09
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:35 PM
:sad: :sad: I wonder why? Maybe she is going to add an event? I hope so...she can't afford to keep throwing pts away

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:36 PM
NO...please don't go Starr. Your shit is providing valuable entertainment. it's good that Venus can fuck with you guys so much. Let the domination continue.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:36 PM
You only say that in a vain effort to get me to stop posting about them in order to prove that I am not obsessed.

Either that or your small brain can't imagine that someone is not obsessed.

Repulsed would be a better word. Although, sometimes I think Venus wears a nice outfit.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:38 PM
oh clever! you did the "thou cans't possibly understand the gravity of this conversation, therefore i win" concept!

you copied it from me :(

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:40 PM
No no no. Bonkers. Reverse psychology doesn't work with me.

But THE FUCKING VENUS WILLIAMS is always fun to FUCK with.

Hulet
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:40 PM

Sorry, I don't think we can agree on this. It might be annoying for some, but for others its more than enjoyable. Both their FO and Wimbeledon final matches were watched by more people than the mens final. If people claim that the matches are annoying and still watch the matches, what does this say about these people?
2. We should be very grateful for any opportunity we have to get one them out of a tournament before it even starts.I guess I should be grateful that they are not in tournament b/c then I would lose total interest and devote more hours in my school work. Yes, yes. I know I am a "player fan".

3. Even though it is a good thing, it still showcases the Williamses' ridiculously casual approach to the Tour whereby playing 13 events in a year somehow qualifies as making you burnt out and tired. Try telling that to Dokic, who played something like 30 last year and really is feeling the effects. [/B] People don't have to kill themselves to "showcase" that they are not casual about the tour. The sisters probably play more total number of matches than Dokic b/c they stay in the tournament longer.

So, I don't agree with only one of your points. Sorry. ;)

Saying that, do you guys think that Venus probably is not playing the Dubai open to protest against the "shoking" exclusion of Anna Pistoli from the tournament? No? okay, atleast I tried to find her an excuse. :p

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Was that meant for me VSFan1akaJoshua?

Sorry, I was responding to Harloo, and not to you.

Hendouble
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:43 PM
And this may sound shallow, but I hate her mismatched earrings too, and the way she and Serena bounce delightedly around the court waving girlishly at the crowd when they win, having just put on the most aggressive, masculine show of force on the whole women's tour.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:43 PM
eta psi, is it possible you took Hendouble's post a little too seriously?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:45 PM
yep it was ;) and looks like you are getting just as aggravated as everyone else with your constant responses!

oh what the lonely do on a saturday night...

Hendouble
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:46 PM
The fact that more people watched their finals than the men's equivalents last year shows exactly why their domination is such a bad thing, because it keeps the general public's knowledge of tennis players narrow and confined to just a few top people. This is true on both the men's and women's tours, but even though the French Open and Wimbledon male finals last year were very one-sided I would still rather watch them than sit through a tedious and inevitable contest where the only competition is who can shriek louder.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:48 PM
And this may sound shallow, but I hate her mismatched earrings too, and the way she and Serena bounce delightedly around the court waving girlishly at the crowd when they win, having just put on the most aggressive, masculine show of force on the whole women's tour.

IMO, I don't think it's shallow....but I'm the type of person that will spend thousands of dollars on my teeth just so they will look nice ;)

btw - i see that you are from britain, and i know how you brits are with your dental care, so you should probably look into this as an investment

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Fuck them down Venus Williams...fuck them down. I love you baby!!!

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Oh my goodness. It isn't night here at all. The sun is shining brigtly in a cold blue sky.

You sort of hit the nail on the head though. I am engaging in avoidance behavior. Really stalling because I have work that I don't want to do. So I'm posting here obsessively... guess I could be playing cubis or something like that.

Actually, I'm having a great time. You seem to be a good humored Williams fan, and not taking it all too seriously. Harloo is kind of a grim fellow though.

I did like the person who thought my head was in my ass. That was pathetically funny.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:51 PM

LOL!! YES YES YES!!!:worship: This always irritates me!

And what's wrong with our teeth VSfan1?:confused:

Hendouble
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Ooh, cheap shot at British teeth there... actually, I don't know where Americans get this myth about shoddy dental care in Britain from. It must be from watching too many of those dreadful 70s sitcoms like Are You Being Served? and assuming that people are still like that now. I assure you, things have moved on since then.

I for one would like to think I have quite a presentable set of teeth, and while I wouldn't go as far as capping or anything like that, they are by no means at risk to molar decay.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Oh my goodness. It isn't night here at all. The sun is shining brigtly in a cold blue sky.

You sort of hit the nail on the head though. I am engaging in avoidance behavior. Really stalling because I have work that I don't want to do. So I'm posting here obsessively... guess I could be playing cubis or something like that.

Actually, I'm having a great time. You seem to be a good humored Williams fan, and not taking it all too seriously. Harloo is kind of a grim fellow though.

I did like the person who thought my head was in my ass. That was pathetically funny.

I learned my lesson years and years ago about taking things too seriously........so touche to you starr ;)

It's been fun

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Yeah you should live in rural America where no one has health insurance and methamphetamines run rampant. That's where you'll find a horror show of teeth.

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Touche...? can't be bothered with the accent thingy.

I don't get it. What was touche about that?

Jennifer's wife
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:56 PM
and in response to the idea of bad British teeth, the jerry springer show comes to mind.......how many times do we hear the chant "get your teeth fixed, get your teeth fixed" ?!!:D

starr
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:59 PM
lol... they chant that?

I've never actually seen that show... I've only heard about it and seen clips.

1jackson2001
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Weevee
I suspect it is all about the Iraq war. In that case it is a wise move. If you live in America you have no idea of the heat that has been generated by the proposed war.

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Can you believe this?! I was going to go to Siebel Open this Saturday...but my parents are not letting me and my bro go! They're saying this weekend will be dangerous because the whole terrorist alert thing blah...blah... :fiery: I had spent nearly $200 dollars on getting sideline tickets and had downloaded the map to get the stadium. :(

But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. But I highly doubt anything is gonna happen..but there is no way I can talk my folks out of it. :( Just watch, a bomb is gonna explode at the stadium (*knocks on wood cuz hopefully it won't happen of course*)..and my parents will have this hanging over my head forever. :o

Oh well, I can still watch it on TV. Yippee. :rolleyes:

starr
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Yeah. Well the chances of your getting killed in a car accident on the way to the tournament are way higher than the chances of a terrorist attack on a tennis tournament.

1jackson2001
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Yeah. Well the chances of your getting killed in a car accident on the way to the tournament are way higher than the chances of a terrorist attack on a tennis tournament.

Yes, I know that...but it's my parents who need to get that through their head. :o

They're being spoon-fed by the media and are helplessly falling into all the hype.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:03 AM
lol... they chant that?

I've never actually seen that show... I've only heard about it and seen clips.

LOL!!! they sure do honey!! (in my best southern drawl) u should watch it, for vicarious pleasure of course!!;)

starr
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I think it must come on while I am working.

Yeah, Jackson. It is truly insane. Did you pick up that the Homeland Whatever Secretary was advising people to duct tape their house and seal them completely, and then the Public Health people had to come on and say... no no no... don't do that, because you will be sealing in harmful gasses and your whole family will die?

The American people are being fed a steady diet of crap to make them think that this war with Iraq is truly necessary. Bollux. Complete Bollux.

tennischick
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Who cares?

hear!! hear!!! :) :)

Hendouble
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:27 AM
tennischick, nice to see you agreeing with me and starr on this issue... I'm new here, but you may remember that you and I did quite a good thread on the Android's budding talents as a stand-up comedian a while back on atpworld.

tennischick
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:29 AM
what is your atp name hendouble? i don't recognise you. but any android basher is definitely a friend of mine...:kiss:

Hendouble
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:30 AM
I go simply by the name of Sjengster...

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:32 AM
:wavey: tennischick, so whose your fave player then?:)

starr
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Oh Sjeng!

He's one of my minor faves.

I love the Orange. but so sad.... damm Swiss.

tennischick
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:34 AM
aah...de Sjensta!!!!! :eek:

jennifermarie, i adore Serena. it's her bigger sister that i can't stand. i know that this is unusual on this board but tis the truth. ;)

Hendouble
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Yes, I know... but since my other favourite player is Federer, I found it rather difficult to support anyone during that tie.

starr
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Federer... Nice game... but no fashion sense. He needs to cut down on the yards of fabric and lose the black shoes before I can truly support him. Also a new hair style.

Actually, all I really care about is the clothes. This may be why I like Venus better than Serena. :)

Well, it doesn't explain every ONE of my favorites because God knows Kimmy has little care for her appearance

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:57 AM

Well, it doesn't explain every ONE of my favorites because God knows Kimmy has little care for her appearance

pah!! and u knock my Jenny?:rolleyes:

starr
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Can Jenny do the splits on a dead run??????

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:01 AM
dunno, but she can do them on my face if she likes!!!!:drool: :lick: :D

and whats that got to do with dress sense?

starr
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:03 AM
It just one of her endearing qualities.

Just my preference, but I think Kimmy has a better figure than JenCap. And she has hair I would kill for, and, although I know this isn't a plus for you, she hasn't been known to say "fuck" on the tennis court.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:09 AM
youre right, that is not a plus for me!! I do think Jenny's hair is nicer tho, i prefer the reddy brown, shiny, long hair look tho to blonde and frizzy

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:32 AM
LOL - there is nothign wrong with British teeth....just me being my offensive usual self (this is old news in this thread, so it's no big deal anyways).

So what encouraged you 3 to start posting here? Boredom?

;)

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
LOL

So what encouraged you 3 to start posting here? Boredom?

;)

u got it!!!

There's nothin wrong with American teeth either, really!:) i mean look at Jenny's-theyre luvly!!;) oh dear, one track mind is takin over me once again!!!:D :rolleyes:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:38 AM
hahahaha......you Brits got a bad rap with teeth also because of Tim Henman.....dreadful!

Serena's teeth are gorgeous too....

I guess JC and Serena just have big mouths ;) that show off their pearly whites

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:42 AM
big mouths........all the better for swearing with!!:p

Tim's teeth? ive never looked that close.....u realise i will hav to now tho dont u?!:rolleyes: i do hav one explanation tho, Tim is what we here would call a 'toff' and therefore is genetically prone to horselike features!!! It comes from generations of inbreeding!:p

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:44 AM
well....i wouldn't look too long ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:45 AM
and i'm not that big of a fan of jennifer - afterall, she is a thread to my world of venus and serena domination ;)

BUTTTTTT, her performance at the AO last year was a classic! I was so glad Serena emulated her at this year's AO. hilarious!

Freewoman33
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by bonkers186
Fuckem down Venus...fuck them down. You can do what you fucking please. Cause you are THE fucking Venus Williams and I love you!!!

LOL! You're the fucking Venus Williams.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
and i'm not that big of a fan of jennifer - afterall, she is a thread to my world of venus and serena domination ;)

BUTTTTTT, her performance at the AO last year was a classic! I was so glad Serena emulated her at this year's AO. hilarious!

Likewise i'm not a fan of your ladies either but i respect your freedom of choice of course. ;) Yes Jen's classic performance is etched in my mind forever! i was also glad that serena filled in for Jen this year in the A.O:p She goes up in my estimation for that!

tennischick
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:58 AM
yeah i kinda liked Serena cussing myself. LOL!!! man does she have a stink mouth!!! LOL!!! :D :D

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:00 AM
now that our Jenny and Ree hav sumthin in common, maybe we can stop 'bitch slappin' each other now?! (to coin a phrase!!):p ;)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:00 AM
I could tell that was Sjengster from the post about the state of British dental care. Let's just say you have a distinctive posting style.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:04 AM
What I would like to know, is how did this turn into a three page thread?

Is Venus withdrawing really either surprising or that big of a deal?

Sure I'm a little dissapointed that the possibility of a Venus-Jenn matchup has been shot to hell (assuming Jenn makes it that far in the first place), but really. I think that in time I'll recover.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:06 AM
it turned into three pages coz a few of us in here were bored and the conversation has gone in many different directions!! read over the last coupla pages and u'll c wot i mean! we rather got off the subject of venus withdrawing!!!;)

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:09 AM
LMAO at this thread:)

Go Venus:)

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:12 AM
u read it all dawnmarie??:eek: :eek: :eek:

tennischick
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Can Jenny do the splits on a dead run??????

sheesh, the image of Jenny trying to do a Kim is cracking me up. LOL!!!! :D :)

Jennifer's wife
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:58 AM
its cracking u up? its doin sumthin else to me!;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:10 AM
LOL.........this thread has come MANY different ways since the first post in it

hi rebecca :)

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Actaully no, because I already KNOW it all. Besides I am at work.:) It is funny cause Vee pulled out and it got so many replies. lol:)

BasicTennis
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Now Jenny can concentrate on her first round opponent.;)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Hi VSFan1 aka Joshua L. ;)

persond
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Naldo
she has to look over her tight schedule. what fuckin tight schedule. the girl only plays 14 tournaments. she has all the fuckin time in the world to play other tournaments. what a freakin retard.

I find it truely amazing that a product of a sister and brother (your parents!!) co-habitation, would call someone else a "retard"!!! But, anyway, Venus probably won't give a flying fuck what you think of her!!! You, my dear, are a worthless piece of "protoplasm", and should be neutered to prevent "replication"!!!

In case you didn't get the message, kiss Venus' "retarded azz"!!!:p :p :kiss: :kiss:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Persond, when are you going to stop claiming that you are an adult? Surely nobody who read your previous post believes that.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Naldo.

When Vee plays and wins tourney you don't like IT, when she withdraws you don't like IT. Don't worry Vee won't be around forever so you'll be happy one day. She can't change who she is so learn to deal with IT. Will IT ever end? One fine day IT Will.:)

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Becca, why jump on Persond and say nothing about Naldo? Aren't you a Venus fan? He called her retarded. Say something defend your Venus. Don't act all mighty toward persond for stating words back at the retarded comment. Defend your Vee, damnit!:)

Me likes how Persond bugs people. LOL:)

persond
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:36 AM
What my dear is YOUR problem???? Really, I'm truely interested... I don't understand what it is about me that 'disturbs you??? No, I don't particularly find you or your comments to be little more than putting other posters down and "trying to come off as the voice of reason". Girl, you are not the one!!!!

persond
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:40 AM
That "holier than thou" attitude of yours is beginning to be a little redundant!!!! Find another "saw" already!!!

persond
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:42 AM
:D Happy belated VALENTINES DAY!!!:kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Hi, and this is why I like you you are just too funny! Keep on tellin em like it is persond!:)

My FUNNY Little Valentineeeeeeeee, My FUNNY Little Valentineeeeeeeeee.:)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Persond:

My attitude is only just beginning to be redundant? Are you sure about that?

To be honest, your profuse use of smileys makes me a little dizzy. That is all.

Dawn Marie:

Why would I defend Venus? I'm pretty sure that:
1 - She doesn't read this anyways
2 - She wouldn't care if she did read this
3 - At last check, Venus and I weren't friends

Why would I waste my valuable thoughts on defending somebody against obvious stupidity? Especially when that somebody is a rich, famous athlete who I haven't an ounce of sympathy for.

If somebody posts false information then I have no problem correcting that. For example, if somebody decided to suggest that Jennifer Capriati has a swell record against both the Williams Sisters.

Otherwise I fail to see why I should be wasting my time.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Becca, that last post said it all, so why are you? Why waste your time on persond defending what Naldo stated? That's all I am stating here? Was one post better,smarter,dumber than the other?

p.s. I know you like to debate.. lol

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:58 AM
I pick and choose my battles very carefully, Dawn Marie. If I was to take the time to poke a hole in every comment that I disagreed with I wouldn't sleep another night.

persond
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:05 AM
*persond picks himself up off the floor and just "shakes" with laughter* *Thinks to himself* That Becca is gonna be de 'lif of me, talking 'bout me using all them smileys!!! I luv 'em dam it, jus luv 'em*

:) Well, Ms. Becca. I will refrain from using all them smileys, okay???:p :p :p :p :p :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :lick: :lick: :lick: :lick: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:09 AM
"Picking and Choosing" "my battles?" Lol:) I only wanted to know why you "picked"with persond but "choose" to say nothing on Naldo's comment.

Becca it could happen, staying up all night reading this board.. lol I may do that too until I get Venus scores. :)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:15 AM
I only wanted to know why you "picked"with persond but "choose" to say nothing on Naldo's comment.

Persond and I have a history of beautiful exchanges. I'm not ready to just let that all go to waste.

Naldo is one that I have argued with about twelve thousand times this week alone. I decided to give the kid a break today. I'm such a humanitarian, wouldn't you agree? Besides, why would I bother to attack his post when it pretty much speaks for itself?

Becca it could happen, staying up all night reading this board.. lol I may do that too until I get Venus scores.

Not tonight. It may have gotten the best of me in the past, but I'll get you yet insomnia!

Seriously, I have a bus to catch early. No ridiculous 9am bed time for me today.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Persond:

I just thought of a fun project for you! Have you ever considered doing your entire post in smileys? That is, not just using the smileys to elaborate your feelings but using them to spell out words? That would be fabulous.

LeonHart
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by persond
*persond picks himself up off the floor and just "shakes" with laughter*

LoL, im laughin my ass off at this sentence! lol!!!!

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Hey Becca I hear yeah, I have to finish this paper on Dissociative Identity Disorder, I have to assess the client as if I am the therapist.

lol@you and persond going at it. :) Persond seems to be really intelligent I look forward to more verbal barbs. Nite all, nite persond.:)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Dissociative Identity Disorder, eh? Sounds interesting. I haven't came across that in my psychology classes yet, but we are yet to do a unit on psychological disorders so that would be why.

Next year I might learn about that in Abnormal Psychology. Unless the abnormal psychology isn't about what I think that it is, in which case I'll be slightly dissapointed.

I'm not all that interested in the separate disorders as much as I am what causes then. Biospsychology - although my mark stinks - is the best course that I have taken so far.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:57 AM
I am intrigued by Abnormal Psch, heck I deal with that in my job everyday. Anyway have you heard of the TV movie Sybil, starring Sally Field and Joanne Woodward ? She had Multiple Personality Disorder. Well it is DID the term just has been changed from MPI to DID. I think you'll like AB Psch,alot of what causes disorders is still unknown and so debatable? Intriguing stuff. I took my second test and laughed at it becasue it was so easy. Last quarter I had Anatomy and Psyiology and that shit was hard. it makes this class look so simple.

BasicTennis
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:01 AM
oh both of you really needed to take these courses...it would sure help improve your personalities.;)

I'm sure this hasn't caused Venus' pull out of the tourney.:o

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:07 AM
I am intrigued by Abnormal Psche, heck I deal with that in my job everyday. Anyway have you heard of the TV movie Sybil, starring Sally Field and Joanne Woodward ? She had Multiple Personality Disorder. Well it is DID the term just has been changed from MPI to DID.

I had a feeling that was what it was. Thanks for the clarification.

I think you'll like AB Psche, alot of what causes disorders is still unknown and so debatable? Intriguing stuff. I took my second test and laughed at it becasue it was so easy. Last quarter I had Anatomy and Psyiology and that shit was hard. it makes this class look so simple.

Well I imagine that AB psych will be easier than my neuro class which is essentially the anatomy of the brain. It's not particularly difficult either, but it requires a ton of memorization.

There is still plenty of debate over what causes many psychological disorders. It's interesting to read the differerent perspectives on them.

I'm going to take a course next year that is an extension of the intro to Biopsychology course that I'm taking now. It focusses on how damage to certain areas of the brain effects our ability to function. I'm looking forward to it.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Basic Tennis: I'll have you know that I have a fantastic personality.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:08 AM
BasicTennis BOTH OF YOU? I am BECCA.. hahahahahah. Dawn/Becca=one person.. lmao

"facial expression changes, eyes dart from side to side". I lost time what happened? Anyways now Becca I hope you catch your bus tomorrow morning. :)

go V! no don't go V! Go Vee!;)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:12 AM
It's been a pleasure talking to myself, as always.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:13 AM
I am glad Venus pulled out so that comment doesn't bug me at all.:) Vee needs to relax her body she is fragile at times. She didn't take that injury time out at 5/1 for nothing. It may not be real serious but she felt something.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:15 AM
It's been a pleasure responding back to myself as always. Lmao:) let me go work on this paper.

go V!;)

BasicTennis
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:16 AM
yeah right....Venus would be 2nd best anyway, whether she defends or not her points.;)

Hurley
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:16 AM
LOL! Becca is always so very kind to Naldo. :rolleyes:

If you think Naldo hasn't taken enough shit from Becca in the past, I kindly direct you to www.atpworld.com and pick a thread, any thread, about Andy Roddick :p

Experimentee
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:52 PM
I think its because she doesnt want to play two weeks in a row. Maybe she wants some time off. Its disappointing coz i was looking forward to her winning the title there but she has her reasons.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Anywho- Becca- BioPsych was one of my toughest Psych classes but i loved it!!!

If I'm looking to keep my average up, I should likely just drop Psych as a science altogether and take a general BA in Psych. Seeing as I'm debating applying to Law School if I can get my GPA up, that would actually be the best idea.

But seeing as I have the most interest in biopysch topics I can't bring myself to drop them.