PDA

View Full Version : Justine loses again to Kim...

rhz
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:34 PM
well i didn't see the match, but from the statistics that i saw, justine made way too many unforced errors again!

Good luck next time justine, but why didn't you learn from your mistakes?? don't choke girl!

jujufan
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Ah Justine was playing harder (yes you read it wel, she served harder then Kim, I saw it, I was there) and played sometimes better and more beautiful but she just doesn't have the mental strenght and the patience.
Aaargggrrr ...
She can do it, maybe one day she will not have the nerves anymore and then ...

vs1
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Oh, poor Juju. I wanted her to have the win and at least defend her finalist points. She has everything it takes! She just needs to believe that!!!

Allez Justine! Better luck next time!

sailntiger
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:37 AM
:) :cool: :angel: JUSTINE WILL WIN THE NEXT ONE AGAINST KIM!! :angel: :cool: :)

:hearts: :hearts: :wavey: GO JUSTINE!! :wavey: :hearts: :hearts:

Volcana
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:10 AM
I think Justine loses to Kim, and Venus and Serena, because she leads with her ego when she plays. She plays half of any match with any of the current top ten proving that she can run as fast them, and hit as hard as them. That may be true, but it isn't her most effective tennis. Venus ALLOWS Justine to grind herself into exhaustion by leting Justine get into extended rallies. This is where Justine being a small person comes into play. She runs out of physical reserves sooner than the players ranked ahead of her.

And she insists on playing like it isn't true. She NEEDS points to be over quickly, if she's playing anyone who covers court and hits hard. Because her level of play drops more than the level of play of her bigger opponents.

Justine played 21 three sets matches in 2002. Her record was 12 - 9, which looks pretty god. But it isn't. She only had TWO wins over top twenty players in three set matches in all of 2002. Both in the same tournament, Berlin.
Anf five 3 set LOSSES toplayers OUTSIDE the top twenty.

By and solely for contrast, Venus Willaims was 12-4 in three set matches in 2002. But SEVEN of her wins were over top twenty players. And ALL of her losses were to top TEN players. (Except maleeva who leads the head ot head with Venus lifetime. She just flummoxes Venus.)

Bottom line, in a three set match vs a top 20 player, Justine usually loses. The way I see it, she's exhausted in the third set. I think she should put a little more Chanda in her style istead of wasting time playing 'Quien es muy macha?' Then she
d ahve the energy to turn it up in set #3. But clearly some of her inability to beat top players is losing her energy and hence her form in third sets.

Dawn Marie
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:27 AM
She is losing to Kim cause Kim simply is more consistant and her headset is focused. Justine just makes way too many errors and when she uses her whole body in her shots it takes so much energy out of her. Venus, Kim play the big points so much better then Justine does.

DunkMachine
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Yea I kinda feel sorry for Justine losing like that all the time.
To be honest she has all the skills to be a competitor to the top 3. She has the all the qualities especially her technique is really superb. But frankly that is also what's keeping her back. Because she "fucks"(sorry) around way too much with that topspin every shot she makes has loses speed and bounces 2 feet into the air giving the opponent time to recover. Have you ever seen a Henin rally with a low court camera. No matter how well she places the ball her opponents allways have enough to reach the ball for a return.

Juju, is the bomb baby but if she hits the ball with a little less topspin and a little lower over the net her rallies will be alot sorter.

Justine Allez!!!!!!

disposablehero
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Is it all mental or does it possibly also have something to do with Kim hitting harder and running faster?