PDA

View Full Version : Kim is sick

kimclijsters4ever
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:36 AM
They just said it on Belgian TV-news :(

She will try to start her match against Justine, but she vomited all night and slept just a little bit so she can't defend her chances as she should be.

The double-match with AI is even more unlikely to take place

Hope it is less worse than they said and hope nevertheless you could win today....

Kim_for_number_1
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:45 AM
BUT if she wins today, will she be able to challenge venus tomorrow???
just try your best kim, and try to have a little bit of a good time...

GO KIM

Wimanna
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Translation from Belgian Teletext:

Kim Clijsters will start her match against Henin, but she's ill.
"Kim became ill after her quarterfinal match and fell asleep only around 1.30am. This morning she wasn't able to keep the breakfeast inside. But she had a little warming up at 9.30am, but only for 15 minutes. If Kim retires during the match, there will be an exhibition match...(Dokic and Sugiyama are named)"

auntie janie
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Ah, poor Kimmy. :sad:

gorecki
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:24 PM
oh no...
that's very unfortunate...

didn't kim had to pull out of the doubles a few times when she's partnered Ai? :sad:

~|Naomi|~
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Poor Kim especially for it to happen in Antwerp where she really wants to do well:sad: :sad: :sad:

Chance
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:35 PM
go away yourmom and take tennisjam with you.

that's not good to hear, hopefully kim will be able to play.

Veronique
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Such a loser!

angele87
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:51 PM
YOURMOM, you're obsessed with Kim, we get it, move on lol

~|Naomi|~
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM
HAHAHA UGLY AS....CONVINCED?

No I'm not convinced, I'd like to see a photo of you! Kim is not ugly, and is most certaintly not a slut, as having a boyfriend for 3years doesn't constitute being a slut. As a slut is someone who sleeps around with many people and Kim obviously doesn't do that. But my guess is you are just a pre-pubescent who is jealous of Kim, go crawl back into the cave you came out of:fiery:

angele87
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Just ignore him/her.... all his posts are about Kim... and I mean each and everyone one of them... I love Kim a much as anybody but even my posts aren't all about Kim lol

angele87
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Also, just report his/her post to the moderators, there's not much else you can do...

~|Naomi|~
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:00 PM
go back to england where you belong and root some dingos

If I was to go to England I couldn't root any dingos:)
But yes Angele is right it is better to ignore you

King Aaron
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:03 PM
ooh.. his/her posts was deleted ;)

disposablehero
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Don't you mean sickeningly good?

Rae Q.
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:09 PM
That's too bad. I'm really sorry to hear that. :sad:

Ihr_Mama_geruch
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Ich hoffe Ihnen, aller Gehen zu hell,,,,because kim wird morgen verlieren

Rae Q.
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Yay she's a game away from the finals! :bounce: :bounce:

Ihr_Mama_geruch
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:21 PM
yes, but I hope justin gets to the finals instead

WtaTour4Ever
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Why in the world is her doubles match scheduled right after her semifinal with Justine, wouldn't it have made more sense to schedule the other doubles match so Kim could have a break and play after the Venus/Dani Semi? Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Rae Q.
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by WtaTour4Ever
Why in the world is her doubles match scheduled right after her semifinal with Justine, wouldn't it have made more sense to schedule the other doubles match so Kim could have a break and play after the Venus/Dani Semi? Does this seem odd to anyone else?

I didn't know that but it's so unfair to Kim and to Ai also! :(

angele87
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:25 PM
It is odd but I read somewhere that Kim requested to play her doubles right after singles :confused:

Hawk
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:28 PM
I guess she wanted to get it all over with in one shot.

disposablehero
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Well, if she didn't hardly sleep, she probably wants to finish her matches and go to bed.

angele87
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah maybe that's it... and being that she's sick, she probably figured that she would run on adredeline ( sp? :o ) for as long as possible... I've played volleyball while sick and while I was playing, it was ok but I had a rest between games and I found that I just couldn't run at all after taking a break...

Mercury Rising
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Hmmm, not a bad day at all for a sick Kim :D

Doubles: 6-2 6-0 win :eek:

per4ever
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:57 PM
I think she has just a cold or something.

If you're ill you don't play tennis like that...sorry, but I really don't believe she's ill :)

SerenaSlam
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:21 PM
sick? i hope she doesn't try and use this as an excuse when she is excused from the tournie by Venus and her racquet. and if this does pose as an excuse, we will have to bring in the Serean vs. Jennifer factor, and blow Kim's excuse off if Serena's excuse got blown off as well :)

bis2806
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:10 AM
is kim lying coz she's afraid she wouldn't have beaten henin again and that she can't challenge venus? :rolleyes:

Mattographer
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:22 AM
I did vomit and my head was hurt... I can't move at all! :eek: How could she manage to win two matches?! :eek: OMG!

Bigkimfan
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:40 AM
The day after the championshipsfinal Kim already had to play an exhibitionmatch against Justine, Kim only slept 2 hours in the car!!! And Kim won that night, 6/1 6/2! ;) So that proves Kim isn't lying! ;)

gokimmie
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:42 AM
for the love of god:rolleyes:
even the kim-haters must know by now that kim is NOt that kind of person....she gave serena full credit after the aus open match,she never looks for excuses,and certainly not before the match has even started:rollleyes:

Elke
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:09 AM
She just said she didn't feel that well, she wasn't in hospital in a coma or anything. :rolleyes:

Opalgirl02
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:26 AM
I think the media was trying to make more of it when Kim said she felt ill the other day and didn't sleep well. I like Kim and I do agreed that she does not make excuse for not playing well.
But the Media will.

Kim_for_number_1
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:29 AM
they just said on the news that kim's fit today. she had a good rest and with the right medication, she starts fit today!!
her trainer said, that if venus plays her best, kim will have to go in no time to the net to give hands. But Kim's in a position to make it difficult to venus...

good luck kim!!!

Lynx
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Kim doesn't need excuses. She's not the one who has been boasting she was going to win everything, or be number one of the world one day. If your fave is a boaster (and I could name a few) I understand you must be really jealous at ours.

LMAO at all those self-appointed Kim-"haters". Small minds and little souls, all of them. :p

Experimentee
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:45 AM
I dont think Kim would make excuses, but it does seem like the media made a big thing out of nothing. Maybe they thought it would add interest to the match, and I think Kim is more popular with the Belgian media than Justine, so they could have been trying to help her a little.