PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia bans film DAREDEVIL.

Greenout
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:57 AM
I haven't seen it myself. It's not banned in S'pore;but
it's has been tampered with by the censors. As all
films do here. (BOO!! HISS). Did you know that all
R rated films are edited to be PG in Singapore.

Anyway... how can you ban DAREDEVIL. Looks like
it's kind of dull; but what's so vile in that film that
the Malaysian government are a afraid it will
corrupt audiences?

veryborednow
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:35 AM
It's the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen.

So lucky them ;)

tennischick
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:40 AM
in the Windies they only mess with the sex scenes. that and if the film has anything pejorative to say about religion. :wavey:

nasty nick#2
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:43 AM
When Ben Affleck finally makes a decent movie they ban it, a movie that is a mix between spiderman and batman can't be that bad? :p

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by tennischick
in the Windies they only mess with the sex scenes. that and if the film has anything pejorative to say about religion. :wavey:

Those are two very bad reasons to ban something. We need more sex and less religion. :)

As for Daredevil, lmao. I assume this is based on the Marvel superhero, yes? I can't think of a more innocuous (or boring) comic book series. Who is the villain in this movie? Daredevil never had any enemies of real stature...he always had to borrow them from other heroes in the Marvel universe.

gorecki
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:58 AM
the big dude in The Green Mile and Colin Farrell are the baddies
- saw the trailer on telly a couple of nights ago

they showed the trailer for the Hulk last night on telly - another miss i'm afraid...

Beat
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:06 AM
after seeing the trailer 5 times, i wish switzerland would ban it - for supposed crapness :o .

disposablehero
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:48 PM
I agree with Malaysia 100%. To do a movie about a complicated and fascinating character like Matt Murdock, then cast ben Affleck, is inexcusable. What's next, Affleck as Jack Ryan?

King Aaron
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM
The Cencorship board banned it because there were supposedly very violent scenes. :rolleyes: Look's like I'll have to get the pirated VCD now.

kfh_9118
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to see this movie. I like the trailer, and especially the official website :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:54 PM
What is the purpose of the government to do that if people are going to go and watch it "underground" anyways?

King Aaron
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:08 PM
i have no idea about that one. guess they're trying to show they care. lot's of movies are sold 'underground' and they can't do anything.