PDA

View Full Version : Why don't any of you post? damn lurkers :(

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Post something damn it, don't you ppl know it's boring here sometimes?????:fiery:

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:52 AM
ceetje, Cookie, Sam L, BCP, THE NET, kfh_9118, nante4ever, Wojtek, Hardiansf, Kaz, voodoo_kid

Most of you have been hanging around for a while now, and none of you post :(

Shedevil
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:12 AM
hey dude, I'm taking my time. Besides I don't have anything to talk about, I'm just killing time...;)

irma
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:13 AM
hi ;)

Shedevil
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Hi, how r ya doin?

kfh_9118
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:19 AM
:wavey:

I did post in the other thread :)
How is everyone???

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Hey Kid ;)

what's crackin dude?

btw, i used to be the Voodoo Child ;)

kfh_9118
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Anyone of you has seen these movies??

* The Hours
* Daredevil
* Main in Manhattan

Are they good?

I can't wait to see them :D

per4ever
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:21 AM
euhm ceetje has three times as much posts as you :rolleyes:

Sam L
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Hi

I went to feed the ducks ;)

Sometimes I just leave the computer on you know, I'm not really here. But post about what? :p

Sam L
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:24 AM
kfh, I'm watching 'The Hours' next weekend, I don't think I want to watch the other two :p

I saw 'Gangs of New York' today, it's excellent! :D

kfh_9118
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Really??? Are you in Australia Sam L?? When does The Hours premiere?

I was asked by my friends to watch Gangs of Newyork tonight, but I amn't in the mood :( Besides, I don't really want to watch it. I like Leonardo's act in "Catch me if you can" :D

Wojtek
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Hi :D

kfh_9118
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Hi Wojtek :wavey:

ceetje
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by per4ever
euhm ceetje has three times as much posts as you :rolleyes:
i have almost 10000 posts :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:wavey:

Wojtek
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:30 AM
I have almost 4000 :o :o

Wojtek
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I will catch you soon ;) :angel:

Sam L
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by kfh_9118
Really??? Are you in Australia Sam L?? When does The Hours premiere?

I was asked by my friends to watch Gangs of Newyork tonight, but I amn't in the mood :( Besides, I don't really want to watch it. I like Leonardo's act in "Catch me if you can" :D

Yes, I am. 'The Hours' permieres next thursday.

irma
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:40 AM
the hours sounds like a real movie for me;)

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:43 AM
I'm not a big movie fan, can someone tell me what these movies are about? :o

kfh_9118
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:50 AM
I really don't know what's the movie about. I just want to watch it because there's Nicole Kidman in there, and it's nominated for Oscars.

Sam L
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Gangs of New York is set in mid 19th Century New York (surprise!), and it's about the city's underworld at that time. It's about the various ethnicities and groups that existed but mainly about the 'Natives' (the original English/German settlers) who were openly and violently opposed to the new immigrants (Irish). It overlaps with the Draft riots, the civil war and other significant events in American history. A really interesting movie, but may seem slow at times if you're not interested in history. It's really graphic and realistic, I was shocked with some of the scenes :o

The Hours I don't know what it's about, except it's about these 3 women and one of them is Virginia Wolfe! LOL! :D

Maid is New York, another Jenny (trying to be an actress) movie. You've seen one, you've seen them all. I just can't believe Ralph Fiennes is in it :o

irma
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:03 AM
I think the hours is about three women facing life and then end of it;)

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Gangs of NEw York sounds good, cos I love history, and i used to hang out with gangs :o

Sounds like a nice combo lol, i might just go see it :)

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Gangs of New York is an overwhelming experience. It is one of the most horrific movies I have ever seen, and the villain - Bill the Butcher, played by Daniel Day Lewis - is surely one of the most evil and truly scary characters ever created in cinema. I'm not sure that it's actually a pleasant way to spend three hours, though. ;)

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Worse than Saving Private Ryan?, joui

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:12 AM
I never saw Saving Private Ryan :o ...the person I go to movies with was not prepared to see it. I gather that its opening sequence is horrendous.

However, what makes Gangs of New York so horrific isn't necessarily the pain and gore level. There is much worse around in that respect. It is the way it just never lets up, and everything about it (including the weird soundtrack) generates a sense of constant fear. As I said, the villain, who is one of three main characters, is truly frightening. I hope Daniel Day Lewis gets an Oscar for that performance.

Sam L
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:14 AM
I found Bill the Butcher extremely sexy, in some weird way! :o

Joe, I didn't like 'Saving Private Ryan' at all, I just didn't like the story. In terms of goriness, I can't say, probably even.

King Satan
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:16 AM
aww then that's nothing lol.

Now i wanna go see it! :bounce:

Shedevil
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Gangs of NEw York sounds good, cos I love history, and i used to hang out with gangs

If you'r going to see Gangs of New York for the loooove then you've picked a good movie. If you did for the blood and killing you did too.
I went to see the movie for school(I know cool huh, first time in centuries that that would ever happen!) and hated the ending. My reaction was like: Ok so now what? That's not it, is it? Damn!
I was kinda disappointed, not that it wasn't a good movie or something. (cuz Leo did a nice job) But I would rather have done something else with those 3 h.
I don't know 'bout you guys but 'the ring' and 'ghost ship' seem pretty interesting to me.