PDA

View Full Version : Anna should of hired Melanie Molitor as her coach??

Dawn Marie
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:53 AM
I mean Melanie was obviously looking for someone to coach and to turn a player into Champion and a winner. So why did these two not hook up? Hingis and Anna are best friends anyway, and I am sure Anna could benefit from Melanie? Anna should have jumped on the chance to get Hingis mom as her coach. Or maybe Melanie didn't wish to coach Anna?

ttaM
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:54 AM
I think so.

It seemed Anna played her best singles when she played doubles with Hingis. So maybe Anna can play some good singles again with Melanie under her wing.

BasicTennis
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Anna only needs to improve her service game. Maybe she could hire Serena's coach in the service game department.;)

Hewitt225
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:35 AM
What anna needs is a sports psychologist.....and she needs to get a decent serve

BasicTennis
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:04 AM
A great serve could certainly give any tennis player a boost of confidence.;)

Experimentee
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Because Melanie is coaching Myriam, whos actually better than Anna right now.

Gowza
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:15 AM
yes, myriam is from the same nation as hingis, she is younger and she is better right now than anna is. who would you choose? anna could be a late bloomer but most people would choose the better player at the time especially if they are younger and have already had some pretty good wins and performances.

Andre@
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:33 AM
I think Melanie is so much perfectionist and I think Anna like the
glamour and not so much tennis.
And I think Casanova is younger and Melanie can do the way she want.
And with Anna melanie will have to do like the Anna way and \i don't think Melanie will like it.
She is to dominant

Beat
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:23 AM
there's definitely not as much bagagge coming along with coaching myriam. plus melanie and her husband have just built a new house in central switzerland, so i'm sure she wants to spend as much time in switzerland as possible, and for that reason to coach a swiss players seems perfect. and she's been a friend of the casanova family for quite a while now, a fact that's surely not unimportant.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Seeing as she is available now, Anna should get Martina to coach her ;)

BasicTennis
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Seeing as she is available now, Anna should get Martina to coach her ;)

Martina Navratilova is more like it...Martina Hingis' priority is her studies right now....Anna could be a good study though.:devil:

selesfan
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Anna needs help with her serve, I don't think Melanie would be much help to her, she couldn't do anything to improve Martina's serve.

Aloysius
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Unlike the men, women need more than just a serve to be effective on the tennis court. They need a complete game. Anna's serve is not her only problem IMO. She needs a technical makeover and strategy coaching sessions.

the cat
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:26 PM
It will never happen, Dawn. Melanie would only want to work with an up and coming player like Myriam Casanova. Anna has a good coach. His name is Harold Solomon.

maccardel
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Anna doesn't need to get a new coach what she needs is a "Anna" to play Anna cos this one is not a player but actually a model .

Or maybe we need a model to act like a player and not vice versa.

well said.

harloo
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:30 PM
IMO, Anna is over. Sorry, but the other girls have won singles titles and she has been on tour for too long to not have one.

Melanie would not help anna's game either. Melanie couldn't figure out how to improve Martina's serve and over all aggression. So, I think she wouldn't help Anna at all.

What will help Anna:

If she loses all her endorsements.
If she isn't featured on the cover of magazines.
If she trains harder and becomes a better player.

It doesn't matter who her coach is, because the coach she is with now helped Jen get back to the top and so far Anna has not improved much under his guidance.