PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the band Offspring?

Keith
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:09 AM
I was cleaning a little and came across my Offspring CD's Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre. It made me think...Smash was probably one of my all time favorite cd's, I liked all the songs on it. I eve nsaw them in concert with L7-and Donita Spark threw her uses tampon in the crowd...BUT...that sick bitch...anyway, I was wondering if anyone else liked the band? I think they define the attitude of a 16 year old, because that is about when I listened to them.

JonBcn
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:11 AM
I *loved* L7, but couldn't stand Offspring, sorry!

Snuffkin
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:12 AM
All I can say is:
We pretend that we're dead.

Fan-bloody-tastic!

JonBcn
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:16 AM
or fanny-tastic, as it were ;)

Sam L
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:17 AM
My favourite band in highschool :D along with Greenday :D

selesfan1
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:21 AM
I gues you were pretty fly for a white guy right keith? At least that carried through to today

Keith
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:26 AM
hehe selesfan...yeah, I particlarly liked the song called 'bad habit' about road rage and shooting people for cutting you off.

toreador
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:27 AM
smash is one of my favourite albums. i didn't expect them to release an album like americana, i was very disappointed. :sad: but it does have some good songs

King Satan
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:32 AM
UH HUH UH HUH! I remember, they have a good guitarist :)

toreador
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:39 AM
yeah joe, their guitarist is really good, almost as good as u ;)

ttaM
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:13 AM
"when i get mad, and i get pissed, i grab my pen and i write out a list of all the people that won't be missed, you made my shit list..."

Love L7 :)

I like Offspring too but have none of their CDs

Giuliano
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Oh I loved Smash a few years ago. I calmed down a little bit though.

"Open the glovebox, reach inside, gonna wreck this f***er's drive
Cause I've got a bad habit" :o

Aloysius
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:08 PM
The jangly rift bit on "Come Out and Play" used to freak me out, man. Word of advice: Never take an E while listening to jangly rift bits.

The Offspring were incredibly corny for a rock band ("Pretty Fly (For a White Guy), anyone?), as were Green Day, but they were great to have a good time to.

gorecki
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:50 PM
:eek: they're playing it on the radio now...

"give it to me baby... UH UH UH UH!" :o

Keith
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Noodles is the guitarist

King Aaron
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:42 PM
I remember Offspring. But the only song that comes to my mind whenever I hear the name is.....Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) :o ;)

Beat
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JonBcn
I *loved* L7, but couldn't stand Offspring, sorry!

same here what a surprise... :rolleyes: ;)

shirley
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:21 PM
:wavey: Keith

I remember Offspring and Pretty Fly For a White Guy was number one over here if I remember correctly :)

Thanks for the PM :kiss:

Cassius
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:27 PM
I still like the Offspring, but I can't stand Pretty Fly, or Why Don't You Get A Job. They're sooooo lame.
I prefer LAPD or All I Want.
Gone Away is also a class song.

Mercury Rising
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Hehe, what do you think ;)

Smash was my first Cd EVER, I was also disappointed by Americana, the "hits" of that album weren't my favourite :o

Keith
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Hi Shirley...you are welcome! did you like my little graphics? The stick figure dancing?!

Hi Noodles!

Candy946
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:55 AM
I like The Offspring! The only albums I have are Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre (which wasn't really as good as Smash) but I still liked it.

My fave songs were Self Esteem, Come Out and Play, Gotta Get Away, So Alone, Amazed, Me and My Old Lady :o, Gone Away, The "Intermission" song, and the hidden track.

"Open the glovebox, reach inside, gonna wreck this f***er's drive
I think a lot of people can relate to this song cuz there's just too many rude and reckless drivers these days. :(

People need to change their "Bad Habits". :devil:

Zamboni
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:13 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!

My best friend at highschool was a total fan of the offspring, I really got tired of it ;) I also didn't like the music at all, and she was talking about them all the time ;)

I think I will always think of her when I hear "offspring" lol

shirley
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Keith
Hi Shirley...you are welcome! did you like my little graphics? The stick figure dancing?!

Hi Noodles!

Hey Keith :wavey:

Yes the graphics were cool. The wee stick dancing man is some mover ;)

Hurley
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:53 PM
"Smash" is an excellent CD, or at least was when I was 15 or so :) "Ixnay" had some pretty good tracks as well, but Dex Holland was never the most graceful of lyricists, and their more recent incarnation as a novelty band ("Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)," "Why Don't You Get a Job") is awful, hideous, grating stuff.

But they get a lot of play down here. "Gone Away," "All I Want," "Self-Esteem," even a newer track like "The Kids Aren't Alright"...good songs.

But they're comparable to Green Day in only the most basic of ways (broke around the same time, on the "punk rock" end of the spectrum). Green Day is a much more complex band; the Pearl Jam to Offspring's Creed.

Blogger Dives
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Offspring was good back in the day, then they came out with those funny crap songs like the "pretty fly for a white guy" and that was just the end of me liking them.

I still like Punk music, Green Day still rocks... but I have a major list of new bands I like. I just wish Offspring had stuck to their roots, instead of that mainstream crap. :(