PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 player entered

Alek
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Suppostly a top 10 player has been awarded a WC.

So I think that this player will be...

S. Williams - NO
V. Williams - NO
Clijsters - NO
Henin-Hardenne - NO
Hantuchova - NO
Mauresmo - NO
Capriati - NO
Davenport - NO
Seles - NO
Dokic - Maybe?

Maybe that top 10 player is Jelena? The tournament director said a top 10 player is playing, so my only thought is that Jelena is playing.

spiceboy
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:44 PM
It HAS to be Dokic...

josemanuel
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Only Dokic can play this tournament being a top 10 player. We know that Jelena plays every tournament she is able to, so it´s obvious that she is the one.

Havok
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:03 PM
i guess she wants some match play before the 2 big Tier I events. smart move, if she actually made it

Scotso
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Dokic isn't the only player that plays tier 3s...

If *I* were a female player I would play here.

It could be Henin?

Mattographer
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:53 AM
The tournament director must be wrong... maybe it's Anastasia Myskina who will be entering the Top 10 next week.

Alek
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:44 AM
That's not logic Matt ;) why would Anastasia play Doha, Dubai and then go to Acapulco? :confused:

Mattographer
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Then nobody ;)

King Aaron
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:53 PM
I hope not. Jelena promised to cut down and I think she will.
Is this on clay? If it is it all the more makes no sense for her to play.

jd4eva
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Why would it make no sense for her to play aaron?

It would seem the most logical thing to do. She's obviously lacking matches and Acapulco would definitely give her that as she would be the top seed and face weaker opposition in the earlier rounds.

Alongside that is the fact that it is clay, thus Jelena will have to hit more balls which equals match rhythm. I hope she has entered and she does have next week off, I think it's the best move for her.

kodeRED
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:48 PM
It doesn't matter if there is a top 10 in the field coz elena dementieva is winning fo sho!!!

King Aaron
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Rosh

Because if it's on clay, she'll have to make adjustments for the hardcourt surface in IW and Miami. + her flying out and then back to US (if she's in Florida) is not quite logical in my opinion.

ys
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:46 PM
It makes a lot of sense to play there for any player.. Just imagine - you are a player, young and beautiful girl, and you want to play a tournament. Where would you rather be - in dusty Arizona or .. in Acapulco?;)