PDA

View Full Version : Before Everybody Craps Their Pants @ Monica

CJ07
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:24 AM
this is just ONE loss
5-7 5-7
and Kranoroutskaya is no slouch

Monica did mind you get to the final of TPP beating an elite player (Chanda) and taking Lindsay to 3 before losing

she just had a bad day

when she loses day in day out, then get worried

She may have a temp. relief from the Top 10, but it'll be only for a couple of weeks

disposablehero
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Exactly. This is the first "bad" loss Monica has had when healthy in a long time. If there are more, then we can start to worry.

CJ07
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:28 AM
lets just hope she gets a good draw at Dubai

SM
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:09 AM
healthy not healthy whatever . I think Monica got outplayed at aus open. and moved not too badly...she was still moving well enough so that she should win but didnt cos Klara was good on the day.

Im not worried tho. Monica didnt get to prepare properly for aus open without sydney, she played a confident Lindsay pplaying her best match in a LONG time, and now she loses a close battle to a player with top twenty written all over her.

Monica will be back.

Gowza
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:34 AM
apparently her ankle is still bad and was swollen during her match against lina but i haven't heard this officially so i will believe that lina played well to beat monica i knew she was capable of it and it was no surprise to me.

Penne1
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:14 AM
If her ankle is still bad why is she playing??

And don't give me that BS about Monica caring sooooo much about the tour that she will play injured so not to let anyone down.......she goes wherever the appearance fees are ripe......I mean she plays some pretty far out events sometimes.......you have to wonder.

I guess I could play on a sore ankle for $100,000 just for turning up.

:rolleyes:

Gowza
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:17 AM
did you read what i said? i said it is what i heard but i hadn't heard it officially so i wasn't going to believe it.

Penne1
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:18 AM
I was just covering for the Seles fans who will use it as an excuse! ;)

disposablehero
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by SM
healthy not healthy whatever . I think Monica got outplayed at aus open. and moved not too badly...she was still moving well enough so that she should win but didnt cos Klara was good on the day.

Your a barrel of laughs, Stevo.

hingis-seles
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by SM

I'm sure you and Klara are the only two who actually believe that!

Messenger
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:02 PM
She was injured against Klara but not against Foretz last year. So there are some -bad- losses creeping in.

rfs1999
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Go Monica!

Scorch
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Messenger
She was injured against Klara but not against Foretz last year. So there are some -bad- losses creeping in.

I don't think that we can call it 'creeping in' ever since her 95 comeback there have been losses which can be seen as being 'bad' but Monica's general form stays good. For example losses which compare to this one are imo:

Majoli 1996 Tokyo (with hindsight it aint that bad but at the time)
Studenikova 1996 Wimbledon (awful, awful, awful!!)

And a couple I cannot remember the details of…

Raymond sometime in ’97
Testud Wimbledon ’97 (again with hindsight not too bad)
Nagyova ’98??
Bedanova US Open 2000??

My point is that right now this does look like its gloom and doom, but like the thread said, don’t crap your pants.

Volcana
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:40 PM
If her ankle is still injured and she's playing then her ankle is going to be bad all year.

hingis-seles
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:58 PM
We can't blame this loss on the ankle though. If it was so bad, she shouldn't have played in the first place. And it's not like she injured it during the match(as was the case against Koukalova). I just think she had a bad day at the office.

CJ07
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:02 PM
exactly

SM
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:25 PM
against klara she did injure it in the first set and she did shake hands much later, in fact after a third set was played. Monica has played for a long time so please, she knows when to and when not to default injured.