PDA

View Full Version : I'm really scared...

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:06 AM
...about us getting terrorized perhaps this week.

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Our national level is on HIGH :o. But im still not buying duct tape! (inside joke) :p

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I am a true American Wussie Girl! Haha!

Feb 13th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Go on an extended holiday to Rarotonga. It's a tiny little tropical island and the terrorists will never find it :) I was there a few weeks after Sept. 11 and have never felt more safe in my life

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:09 AM
No Americans gettin my inside joke i suppose...bleh!

Feb 13th, 2003, 12:20 AM
I got my terrorism pack thing from the government a few days ago. I used it to clean the toilet

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:22 AM
the brits are worried too. heathrow looks like a combat field.

come up to north of norway where you can hide with the polar bears :angel:

BK4ever
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:58 AM
The are just putting the terror alert high to keep us scared. The more they can keep us scared, the more they can justify their desire to go to war :fiery:

War is not the answer

Especially when its about oil and not human rights.

nasty nick#2
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Sweden is neutral so im not scared.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:00 AM
*thumbs up* BK4ever :)

Feb 13th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BK4ever
The are just putting the terror alert high to keep us scared. The more they can keep us scared, the more they can justify their desire to go to war :fiery:

War is not the answer

Howard is trying that too...and everyone is either laughing at him or accusing him of making Australia a target for terrorism. Personally I'm doing a bit of both

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:05 AM
What will be will be i guess

Sam L
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Well said BK4Ever!

Car Key Boi
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:07 AM

War is not the answer

yuo're in no position to piss & moan about the ethics and morals of going to war, not while yuo're using a PC and consuming oil and other plastics

Hurley
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:08 AM
I feel you, Mrs G.

Mrs G and I are in a very sensitive area...probably the first city to get attacked. She's closer than I am, but everyone here is pretty wary as well. The insane girl who works at Subway was yammering on very loudly to everyone in the joint about "getting gassed." It truly set everyone's mind at ease ;)

Anyway, I don't have any money to buy any protective gear or whatnot, but I wouldn't get it anyway. I'm not letting this run my life.

King Satan
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:09 AM
I'm scared too :sad: but not from terrorism, it's raining here and there's small floods everywhere.

Good thing i live on the second floor :)

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:11 AM
omg...itz pouring here too!!! The school is all flooded!! :(

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:11 AM
And when Saddam bombs us and kills us............................?

Sam L
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by TheGuy
I'm scared too :sad: but not from terrorism, it's raining here and there's small floods everywhere.

Good thing i live on the second floor :)

OMG! Are you ok? I hate floods :( Hopefully it goes away soon...

Car Key Boi
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:12 AM
hey, on Fox they were saying that the gooks have the capability of launching a nuke missile that could hit the West Coast

JonBcn
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Don't believe the hype, kids. They'll tell you whatever they have in order to scare you into supporting this war. To me thats almost as scary as a form of terrorism - a sinister mindfuck to control the increasing suspicion of motives for war.

Originally posted by Car Key Boi
yuo're in no position to piss & moan about the ethics and morals of going to war, not while yuo're using a PC and consuming oil and other plastics

Not everybody who lives in the 'developed' world necessarily shares the ideologies of the U.S. I understand (and to an extent agree with) your oft-repeated point about consumption, but just because I have adsl doesnt mean I dont think its unforgivable that Bush withdraws from the Kyoto treaty one week and invades the third world for more resources the next.

kournikovafan13
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:37 AM
It seems hard to believe that anyone would bomb a relatively small city in the Mid-West (like Tucson, where I live ;) ), but I'm terrified about chemical warfare. I would much rather have a war with bombs and guns and the like, as horrible as it is, than a smallpox virus spreading around the country.

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by bajangurl
Key boi- gooks?? Be a bit more sensitive, especially when 2 of the people in this thread are Asian......

I am in abit of denia- trying not to listen to all the news- i have to cross either the George Wash. or Lincoln Tunnel every day- so that doesn't thrill me at all but i'm of the mind that when its my time, its my time--- i need to pay attention the those 'emergency' kits-- i got your duct tape joke Leon....

:D cool!!

btw, gooks is just slang for koreans. No harm meant. like Flips or Pinoy are phillipinos, and chinks are chinese...ect.

King Satan
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by LeonHart
:D cool!!

btw, gooks is just slang for koreans. No harm meant. like Flips or Pinoy are phillipinos, and chinks are chinese...ect.

Really? I thought it was disrespectful to say that :confused:

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:56 AM
really?? :confused: maybe its just between us asians...cuz i never hear a white guy or other races call koreans gooks or chinese chinks. like the word N*gger is used only between blacks, except for asians?

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:57 AM
other than car key boi...

Holmespinlove
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:02 AM
I think that is just how it all starts indeed. one persons says something bad about the other then it goes national then the world...

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Holmespinlove
I think that is just how it all starts indeed. one persons says something bad about the other then it goes national then the world...

:confused:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by DeuceDiva
be confused no more guy...in hong kong it's only disrespectful if you say it with disrespect. however, if you say it while :worship: ing...it's all good....

Diva is right :worship:

leon didi :D

Crazy Canuck
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Um, did they actually send you terrorism packs? :confused:

*Wonders if hers got lost in the mail *

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca

duct tape rebecca...DUCT TAPE!!! :D

:wavey: marri jie jie

Dr. Peedy
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:57 AM

Every Australian household is getting sent a 20-page booklet titled: 'Let's look out for Australia: Protecting our way of life from a possible terrorist threat'. Also enclosed is 'An Important Message from the Prime Minister', :o and a fridge magnet with the number of the new 24-hour National Security Hotline.

I got my pack 2 days ago, and I've only just opened it now so that I could list what was in it in this post. :o

ttaM
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Everytime the government puts us on high alert I see people get all upset over it. Would you be more comforted if terrorists strike us and we weren't warned of a possible attack? A lot of people after 9/11 were upset because there was no warning, now that the government has some system in place to inform us of a possible threat people are upset over that.

I understand the anxiety of it, but it's the world we live in people.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:19 AM
lol @ Deuce Diva.

Live life today and enjoy it. You might not die in a terrorist attack tomorrow, you could die on your way to work or school or wherever!

Worrying about what is going to happen is not helpful. Get over it and enjoy life.

Feb 13th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Peedy
Every Australian household is getting sent a 20-page booklet titled: 'Let's look out for Australia: Protecting our way of life from a possible terrorist threat'. Also enclosed is 'An Important Message from the Prime Minister', :o and a fridge magnet with the number of the new 24-hour National Security Hotline.

I got my pack 2 days ago, and I've only just opened it now so that I could list what was in it in this post. :o

It's not really worth opening. Doesn't say anything that's not just common sense. I only opened it to laugh at it...and see what my taxes are paying for:fiery: . There's another $30 million wasted...and the Liberals accuse Labor of bad economic management :rolleyes:

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Well im scared that China might attack Taiwan if US is too distracted!! DueceDiva you got any news on that?

Richie77
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:55 AM
I agree with Keith. There's no point in worrying about a terrorist attack. We can't be scared of these people, that's how they want us to act.

Besides, there are other things we also need to worry about. Right now in Indianapolis, people are more concerned about the terrible winter weather, and all the snow...there have been a lot of accidents lately. There was one on Tuesday involving students from one of the high schools I report on...one of the kids was sent to the hospital in very serious condition :sad:

Dawn Marie
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:37 AM
I am a bit anxious cause I only live 25 minutes from the LARGEST AIRFORCE BASE in AMERICA! That worries me a bit, but then again I'm like if it is my time to go it is my time to go. Honestly I am more frightened of our own people attacking Americans than I am anyone else. What scares me more then terrorist attacks at this moment is WAR.

irma
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:53 AM
I don't think there will be an attack since people expect it.

there will one when nobody looks. that's the scary thing.

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:43 PM

Uhmmmmm, Becca! You'll find your duct tape in you *cough* "Toy Chest" *cough* Right next to the hancuffs and whip!:rolleyes:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:33 PM
leon didi :wavey:

don't worry, China wont dare to bomb Taiwan! atleast that's what i hope for...... :s

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Well! Someone who speaks thier mind! How much of a rarity is that here?:rolleyes:

Kiwi_Boy
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:53 PM
New Zealand is still totaly relaxed,people here are only worried about feul price rises....which is kinda good i guess cause we are so iscolated means that we are alot safer from this mess :)

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
Well! Someone who speaks thier mind! How much of a rarity is that here?:rolleyes: [/QUOT

Barrie- dude whats with the eyes in the back of your head:confused: i wasn't referring to our WTA ASIAN DIVA....:rolleyes: ;) Us Black girls don't have to worry about that sterotype we all have ATTITUDES:eek:

What are you talking about? I wasn't refering to you at all! It was something deucediva said. Completly meaningless, okay?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Deuce Diva, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:01 PM
:D a little 'tude never hurt anyone, bajangurl...those who don't understand that are usually either dead, dumb, or both. in hong kong, we sould simply say to a post like that...."yu jus jerrous..."

EZ Girl! Before you go getting me in trouble!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:08 PM
:)

Will You Sleep With Me?;) :kiss: :drool: :lick:

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:13 PM
DeuceDiva you're funny! :)

But lol if anyone actually believes you're Asian and live in Hong Kong!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:20 PM
barrie- dude, i was just playing- gosh, don't go getting sensitive on me;)

:mad: I am MAN ! I am NOT sensitive!;) :p :rolleyes:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Diamond? What is this thing called Diamond?:confused:

Carolina Girl
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:18 PM
The are just putting the terror alert high to keep us scared. The more they can keep us scared, the more they can justify their desire to go to war

War is not the answer

see the only problem with this is that we aren't over there for the oil....y do you think we are spending all our money to stay there? i know that war isn't always the answer, but if saddam won't destroy his missiles...what are we gonna do? just sit here and wait for him to support the terrorist even more? we had our chance to get him with clinton..but clinton was so stupid that he didn't know what he was doing....if we don't do something about saddam now..who knows what could happen in the future...i mean if we withdrawl...he is just gonna keep those weapons that could hurt and harm the u.s..or any other people for that matter..i think that if it comes to war...i'll support it..if we are prepared..and if we know what we are doing over there