PDA

View Full Version : Alex Stevenson out again

tennisIlove09
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Diamond Games:
Razzano def. Stevenson 63 62

:confused: :confused: what's up with Alex?

TSequoia01
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Alex has the physical game to do much better. Maybe she should get Richard to coach her. But she has to do something different, what she is doing is not working! :cool:

Havok
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:13 PM
what else is new. totally predictable

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:27 PM
I sa not surprised. Alex get it together before it is too late!

Do you want to be a one hit wonder like Vanilla Ice???

Jem
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:34 PM
I think what too many people don't realize is that Alexandra Stevenson is never going to be a player who simply dominates and plays consistent tennis over the long haul. And in truth, there's very little in her background to suggest that would ever be the case. At some point, I do expect her to have a "career year." She has talent and the ability to hit the big shot, but I've also seen some very obvious weaknesses, especially movement. I think Stevenson is putting together a decent career -- about exactly what I would have expected her to do. Don't count her out simply because she has a couple of bad losses in successive tournaments. She's never going to be a top 5 player, but she has the game to put together some big results and I expect she'll get her share of upsets along the way, just as she will suffer her share of upsets. I'm guessing she will always play her best tennis when the pressure is on her opponent vs. own herself. But at age 22, it's a bit premature to suggest she's a one-hit wonder and it's too late. Lower your expectations to something a bit more realistic, and I think you'll be very pleased with her career over the long haul.

venusfan
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Alex is living life as a top player, can someone please explain why? shouldn't people of her status be scarmbling to make ends meet? Or is that Wimbledon Semifinal still helping her?

King Lindsay
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Well, if you guys didn't notice, Virginie ripped through the qualifying, winning her three matches 6-0 6-2, 6-2 6-2 and 6-3 6-0. She was always going to be a tough first round match for Alex.

Venus Forever
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by King Lindsay
Well, if you guys didn't notice, Virginie ripped through the qualifying, winning her three matches 6-0 6-2, 6-2 6-2 and 6-3 6-0. She was always going to be a tough first round match for Alex.

According to a report from a person who saw the match, Alexandra was just hitting too many UFE, not moving well, and was getting cranky over line calls. It seemed to me from the report that it was Alexandra's match to lose, and she lost it. Virginie had nothing to with the loss, besides playing consistent.

Alexandra: You need a coach, and you need one now, DESPERATELY.

Helen Lawson
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Last year she seemed to do better in tournaments when she had to go through qualifying. She does not have to do qualifying anymore. Perhaps she needs some warm up matches before main draw action or something or does not practice hard enough, who knows.

King Lindsay
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:02 PM
venusForever, I didn't see the match, so I can't know how it went. I'm just saying, Alex got a hot player straight out of qualifying, and it's not a huge shock to me that she lost to her.