PDA

View Full Version : My wednesday report

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Virginie Razzano beats Alexandra Stevenson 6-3 6-2

Although Stevenson has some great talent, it was surpising enough Razzano who was leading when I entered: 5-1. Encouraged by her mom and Oracene Williams (I was about 4 seats away from them), Alex managed to get back to 5-3. But she made too many errors to trouble a steady Razzano. Stevenson kept on complaining about linecalls over and over, while we could all see the ball was clearly on the line most of the times. She needs to work on those unforced error.

Clijsters/Flipkens beat Gubacsi/Peribeynis 5-7 6-3 6-3

Great doubels match. Flipkens was good but Elke was extraordinary. She made some foolish errors too, but she's young and can still learn. Elke kept on encouraging her friend after each point and they both showed some great points. Deserved win, good match.

Justine Henin-Hardenne beats Zuzana Ondraskova 6-4 7-6

Never heard of the girl but she sure can play. Justine raced away to a 4-0 and 5-1 lead with steady tennis, but then let the czech girl into the match. Justine made some nasty errors troughout the match, especially at the net. Ondraskova really impressed me. She really kept on the same level of speed and power as Justine in the rallies. I see a great future for Ondraskova if she keeps on playing this way. Zuzana was leading 5-3 in the second I believe, but Justine worked herself into the match again, and finished it convincing in the tiebreak. Oh and she signed my big tennis ball afterwards

Roesch beats Magui Serna 6-7 6-1 6-1

Only saw the last point, took a picture of Roesch and Magui leaving the court

Patty Schnyder beats Denisa Chladkova 7-5 6-0

I've seen both players play before and I must say Denisa has improved a lot. Chladkova mixes hard balls with a loopy one now and a while. She kept running because Schnyder's balls were steered all over the court and each time Patty played a drop shot, it was a good one as Chladkova moves very slowly to the net. Great exciting first set, that ended in a marathon game at 6-5, where Patty needed at least 6 set points. (left after first set)

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Alexandra Stevenson

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Virginie Razzano

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Angelika Roesch

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Maguď Serna

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Justine

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Elke Clijsters

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:38 PM
I have some other pics of Justine and Ondraskova with my other camera but those will come later at the roll isn't filmed up yet :)

Frau Antje
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:39 PM
thanks for your report Rhythmboy

per4ever
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:49 PM
tx bram :)

Elke
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Dankoewel, Bram! :wavey:

angele87
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the report and the pictures :kiss:

Wimanna
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Tnx for the report and the nice pics ;)

Come-on-kim
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Thx

rated_next
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:59 PM

BK4ever
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Wow Virginie lost a few pounds...so far she has not lived up to her talent at all ...

Jeff
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Hey Bram, so you decided to go after all? Cool :cool:

Hope you had a great time. What's it like watching matches indoors? Is it loud? Are the side courts all spread out inside one indoor building? I've only been to outdoor tournaments, so just curious ;)

Beat
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:03 AM
thanks for both the report and the pictures! :)

Fieke
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the reports :kiss:

caramel
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Nice pics... thanks for the report.

King Aaron
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reports and pictures. Is that the closest picture of Elke?

Grafiati
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Virginie is great :)
Alex should not be losing all of these matches, though, especially not indoors, so something has obviously happened to her game :confused:
But GREAT start of 2003 for Virginie! :D

E. Blackadder
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
Hey Bram, so you decided to go after all? Cool :cool:

Hope you had a great time. What's it like watching matches indoors? Is it loud? Are the side courts all spread out inside one indoor building? I've only been to outdoor tournaments, so just curious ;)

You are more distant from the players than outdoors

It's very clear with the spots and so, but the sound is different, more fuller sound (don't know how else to say it)

The 2nd court is in a heated tent, next to the building. It's very nice becasue you are very close to the players, adn there's only spece for 100 people or so