PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your country?

Vincent
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:00 PM
The Aisa's World City no longer sounds impressive to me.:fiery:
New York's got Wall Street, New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ, what do we have? The relatively lowly Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
There are world-class institution like Columbia University and New York University, while we still still argue daily over whether we should teach with English or chinese.:rolleyes:
Hong Kong is overcrowded, some of us don't even have enough room to strech out.:mad:
okay, that's enough....:p
Do you love your city and why?:cool:

Zamboni
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I love my country and I'm proud of it too. Every country has it's pre's and contra's, and so do the Netherlands, but it's still great to live here, and yes, I love it here.

vw43
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:08 PM
I love my country - I just detest some of the people running it..

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:13 PM
"Ohhhhhhh Canada! My home and native land......."

Yes, I love my country, though, like vw43, I detest some of our leaders! I've often said that "goverment" is just another word for "organized crime"!

kj-
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Indonesia... eventhough have a bad name in world I mean we have a bad Image... but I still love my country.... :)

Jennifer's wife
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:30 PM
yep, i luv mine i just wish it was a bit warmer and sunnier!!:rolleyes:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM
I may not always agree with the leaders (and infact dislike plenty of them) but I love the USA and everything it stands for :)

It's my home :D

seabiscuit
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:38 PM
yes, the county of liberty, capitalism, and republicanism (not democracy) created by the founding fathers, which is not the way the country has been heading for many decades

Jennifer's wife
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:42 PM
i love America too! its not my country but i hav adopted it since lovin jen and i cant wait to go to the U.S open coz all the Americans i met at wimbledon were really nice!:kiss: :kiss: :hearts:

Havok
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:44 PM
hell yeah!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by jennifermarie
i love America too! its not my country but i hav adopted it since lovin jen and i cant wait to go to the U.S open coz all the Americans i met at wimbledon were really nice!:kiss: :kiss: :hearts:

:rolleyes: Are You Ever Going To Be Suprised When You Get To NYC!:rolleyes:

Jennifer's wife
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:48 PM
well, im sure flushing meadows will b full of luvly young yankee ladeez in short skirts!!:drool: :lick:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I should take you to the beach in Florida! Talk about Hot Babes!:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

wongqks
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I love Hong Kong, even though we are facing a lot of problems at the moment economically, it is only by uniting together, that our home will grow stronger.

I don't care whether other country has a larger stock exchange or got prestigious universities, Hong Kong is my home, I am proud of it, it will be forever my home no matter what happen even though my physical body is not there.

Sometimes we dwell on too much about material world, sometimes it is diffcult to ignore that, but very soon you will realize that all these are nothing compare to your root, a place where you grow up.

And you will miss it when you are no longer there.

3MTA3
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:53 PM
I love the USA for what it should stand for, not for what it does stand for.

Jennifer's wife
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
I should take you to the beach in Florida! Talk about Hot Babes!:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

youre on! we can also go stalking in saddlebrook whilst we're there!!:lick: :drool: :kiss: :hearts: :bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah, Right! I'm sure that the guards at the gate have your picture in case you show up to rip Jens clothes off!:rolleyes: :p ;)

Jennifer's wife
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Barrie, moi?:angel: i would not rip them off i would gently peel them off!!:drool: :lick: :kiss: :hearts: and the guards could hav the photos afterwards!!:devil: ;)

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by jennifermarie
Barrie, moi?:angel: i would not rip them off i would gently peel them off!!:drool: :lick: :kiss: :hearts: and the guards could hav the photos afterwards!!:devil: ;)

LMAO! I don't think you can control yourself long enough to "Gentley" peel her clothes off!:rolleyes: :p

Jennifer's wife
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM
u mite b right! but i think ive waited this long! i like to take my time with clothes its all part of the foreplay!!;) :lick: shall we move this convo to claires page? we've disrupted this thread me thinx!:eek: :devil:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Hmmmmm......... At least we got someones mind off an overcrowded Hong Kong!;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:23 PM
i love norway :hearts:
but i also love Taiwan, i haven't lived there since i was 5, but still :hearts: i'll never ever forget my roots.

Martian Martin
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:27 PM
I love Scotland. It's just one of these countries you can't fail to love :)

Flappie
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:30 PM
I like it here, but i wouldnt care that much if i lived somewhere else. Its a pretty "safe" country, with health and money systems though

Martian Martin
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Liz, move to Scotland seeing that you don't care that much if you lived somewhere else :p

Flappie
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Martian Martin
Liz, move to Scotland seeing that you don't care that much if you lived somewhere else :p wouldnt you like that! :p

Lord Chips
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:24 PM
I hate my country and hometown. They are boths holes. My target in life is to get as far away from them as possible

Martian Martin
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Martian Liz
wouldnt you like that! :p

Yeah it would be alright :p, but you probably wouldn't think so :p

Flappie
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Martian Martin
Yeah it would be alright :p, but you probably wouldn't think so :p Cant the two of us just move to South-Florida or somethin? At least the weather is good there! :p:D

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Key West Is Nice!

nasty nick#2
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:48 PM
I love both Italy and Sweden ;)

Seles_Beckham
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:25 PM
I REALY LOVE MY COUNTRY.

Looks at my signature.

Kiwi_Boy
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I love my country because its so unique,but that dosent mean i dont find it boring at times :D

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by seabiscuit
yes, the county of liberty, capitalism, and republicanism (not democracy) created by the founding fathers, which is not the way the country has been heading for many decades

Oh you comic! ;) You're just angry cause not everyone agrees with you! Heck, that's what the USA is about - diversity and different views :D

Smile - it's all good!

shirley
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:26 PM
I love ...

SCOTLAND! http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-scowink.gif http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-scowink.gif http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-scowink.gif

because it's a beautiful country. The people are friendly (well, most of them) and I'm very proud to be a Scot. Not British - Scottish! :bounce:

schris
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:51 PM
I`m not sure...
I think I would like to live in another place
It`s too cold here in Poland ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by shirley
I love ...

SCOTLAND! http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-scowink.gif http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-scowink.gif http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-scowink.gif

because it's a beautiful country. The people are friendly (well, most of them) and I'm very proud to be a Scot. Not British - Scottish! :bounce:

I feel the same, i'm English not British, Britain should be scrapped IMO, not that i have anything against Sccots, Welsh, N.Irish, some of the nicest ppl i've met on here are one of those nationalities, i just don't like Britain.

Do i love England...............nah, it's okay and the national sport teams all suck (not happy tonight)

nasty nick#2
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:07 AM
our culture also rock!

King Satan
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by vw43

Martian Martin
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Martian Liz
Cant the two of us just move to South-Florida or somethin? At least the weather is good there! :p:D

Oh alright :p I'll come back here for the weekends to go to the Hearts match ;)

toreador
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:53 AM
nop i don't love my country...the schools suck, the health system sucks etc :( :fiery:

toreador
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:21 AM
i've eaten moussaka once...i didn't really like it
but souvlaki is my favourite junk food. i don't think it's greek though, it must be turkish

Miranda
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:31 AM
lol ferroro ;), i am also from HK but we are not a country right :p coz now returned to china , well honestly i don'tl ike HK for something like overcrowded, streets not tidy .....

but i admire for us HK people is that we are very hardworking people and proud that we once were so powerful and prosperous :D

Feb 13th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by vw43
Me too. I'm so pissed off that I was 3 months too young to vote in the last Federal election

Feb 13th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
"Ohhhhhhh Canada! My home and native land......."

Yes, I love my country, though, like vw43, I detest some of our leaders! I've often said that "goverment" is just another word for "organized crime"!

Australian politics:

Federal: Our PM is making our country a target for terrorism, and using our money in an attempt to scare us.

State: (Victoria) Much better since the Bracks government were elected, but we still havn't totally recovered from the Kennett days (he totally fucked up our education, health and public transport systems...and sold off all the state assets, so we now have to pay more money for a service provided by incompetant private companies...and the government no longer have cash flowing in from these assets)