PDA

View Full Version : My god Appelmans is stupid

E. Blackadder
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:37 AM
After Kim's match she was honoured for her mentoring Kim when she was young. She was asked to do everything in english over 3 times because it was taped for the WTA and other TV stations as well, but she just kept on talking flemish :rolleyes:

irma
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:43 AM
why did she refuse to talk English?

Messenger
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:50 AM
I'd rather listen to her speak in Flemish.

Maajken
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:01 AM
well exactly how hard is it to add some subtitles :rolleyes:

gentenaire
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:16 AM
subtitles for foreign TV, Maeike, quelle idée! They'll just do voice overs or you may actually hear the original language being spoken!

irma
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:17 AM
we always have subtitles even when people are talking flemish :rolleyes:

Messenger
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Subtitles are good. I hate it when someone translates while the player is talking! They did that for Schnyder, when she won in Zurich. Shut up translator! I'd rather hear her speak in her language even though my German isn't very good. They did the same for both Mary and Kim after the French Open final. I think it was Virginia Ruzici who was translating.

Dawn Marie
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:38 AM
What is stupid is people thinking they have to conform to english all the time. Get a translator, although I don't think it could have killed her if she could of appeased the TV people either. I wouldn't call her actions stupid.

tinkerbell
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:43 AM
i prefer to hear players speaking in their own language as well especially Russian. i just love the way that sounds. i'm all for subtitles to.

Mattographer
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Messenger
Subtitles are good. I hate it when someone translates while the player is talking!
Me too especially John McEnroe never stop talking during a game! :rolleyes: Normally, I never using subtitles when I watch tennis matches ;)

And subtitles equipment are expenise, Maeike!

Maajken
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:46 AM
oh come on, subtitles dont cost anything lol

Mattographer
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Over a thousand dollars... or millions.

gentenaire
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Subtitles isn't expensive! Everything is subtitled here, all interviews that are given in another language, news items, TV series, films, etc. It's not as if the Flemish TV has a lot of money.

GoGoMaggie
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:51 AM
I like Sabine very much. I dont care if she's stupid. well, if she is, I like her all the more. Heard she's a good commentator. is that true? I really wanna hear her commentating. What about Dominique? Is she also involved in the commentatary work?

Maajken
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AlexSydney
Over a thousand dollars... or millions.
lmao sure

thats why theyre letting us do it at uni too :rolleyes:

gentenaire
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Dominque sometimes comments on Walloon TV (in French).

Feb 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Why should she speak in English when she is in Belgium? Fuck the TV people

per4ever
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:55 AM
it was sooooo funny...Carl kept repeating that they had to speak english, and Sabine answered in dutch. Carl gave up and asked Kim for a comment and she answered in dutch too :o

irma
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:01 AM
when you think about it it's indeed stupid;)

I never heard that in Germany!

patty spoke french last afternoon!

The Crow
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Pffft, a Flemish woman speaking English in front of a (for the most part) Flemish crowd is just plain stupid :rolleyes:

DutchieGirl
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by per4ever
it was sooooo funny...Carl kept repeating that they had to speak english, and Sabine answered in dutch. Carl gave up and asked Kim for a comment and she answered in dutch too :o

hehe that's funny! But I still don't see why they can't speak in Flemish/Dutch. I mean if we have a foreign movie on, we have subtitles, it shouldn't be that hard!

Experimentee
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:53 AM
I hate it too when commentators try to translate and they talk over the player talking. I'd rather hear the players voice and try to understand myself, or wait till they've finished then translate in english, just dont talk over them.

nicky
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Must have been funny, pity I missed it...

To answer Gogomaggie : yes Sabine is very good commentating. She's also always very much into the match when our Belgian girls play : I remember during the FO final (I think) she actually swore when things got thight and Kim did something wrong...the "real" journalist at the time had to calm her down and correct things a bit. Some viewers were shocked at her swearing, especially since she has this "nice girl next door" image.:)

Mattographer
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
Subtitles isn't expensive! Everything is subtitled here, all interviews that are given in another language, news items, TV series, films, etc. It's not as if the Flemish TV has a lot of money.
Subtitles is expenisive in Australia :rolleyes: It's over a thousland dollars, actually! I asked some questions about subtitles and they told me it's expenisive! :rolleyes:

Australian channels are fucking poor because they only allows from 6pm to 11:30pm every nights and all news in any times! :rolleyes: In America, the subtitles in almost all programs (99%)! Australia is around 30%! :rolleyes:

Messenger
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:35 PM
AlexSydney, are you the person I was talking to before that was deaf?

griffin
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:44 PM
I'll be it's easier to subtitle a television program than a live speech at a stadium.

:D@Sabine and Kimmie

Brαm
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:56 PM
What's more stupid, Bram: Carl, Sabine & Kim (3 Dutchspeaking ppl) talking to each other in English or in Dutch?

carot
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:13 PM
sabine stupid? and you only find out now? then you're not so bright yourself ;):p

The Crow
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:06 PM
oh carot *slap*

carot
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM
harder

miranda_lou
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Australian channels are fucking poor because they only allows from 6pm to 11:30pm every nights and all news in any times! In America, the subtitles in almost all programs (99%)! Australia is around 30%!

Anybody in America who has a television made since 1994 can get anything subtitled. All we have to do is hit a button.:) It's automatic. It's because of the anti-discrimination law whereby people who are hearing impaired have a right to be able to watch television programs. For some programs (especially on Public Television stations) there is also a way for blind people to "watch" a program. An actor "describes" things that are happening when actors aren't speaking (such as a description of what the character is looking at or the expression on a character's face). It's really amazing to watch.

By the way, I don't think Sabine is "stupid" for not speaking in English. What's wrong with that.:rolleyes:

tenn_ace
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:22 PM
what Dawn said