PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin

Rtael
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:02 AM
BLAH!

I wanna know why everyone has such a problem with her? Or rather not with her, but with her ranking? some people claim she shouldn't be top 5? top 10 even? I wanna know why anyone would think such a stupid thing?

WHY HENIN DESERVES HER RANKING:
Wimbeldon Finalist and SemiFinalist
Ausopen SemiFinalist
Roland Garros SemiFinalist

if that's not enough let's think about this:
Serena williams was beaten 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5 time last year! only 5! And who can we attribute one of those wins to? Justine Henin! Henin has career wins against every current top 10 players, including venus, serena, capriati, seles, davenport, dokic and hantuchova

so why do some people still refuse to give her the credit she's due? someone please help me out here!

Venus Forever
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:07 AM
She may have a win over every player, but she does have one of the worst records against the current top 10. Only Dokic has a worse record against the top 10. I think she only has a 20-30 winning %.

Just stating facts, I think Henin-Hardenne does deserve to remain in the top 10.

Rtael
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:17 AM
lol, top 10? she should remain in top 5!
Just because she can't beat every player every time, doesn't mean she isn't capable of it, and as you can see, when the big time comes, when GS's roll around, she can always compete (disregard RG 2002 when she was sick)

Gowza
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:18 AM
henin-hardenne should definately be top 10 and at the moment she should be top 5. i would say davenport and mauresmo are the two players outside the top 5 that deserve it from how they are playing.

Volcana
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM
She does deserve her ranking, but that doesn't mean I think she's the fourth best player in the world. I don't. She's about #6 or #7, in my book. But I don't run a worlwide tennis tour.

joao
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Henin suffers from the comparison with her fellow belgian friend (Clijsters). Clearly she still plays a lower level compared to her but ... she deserves her ranking! As a matter of fact all players deserve their ranking! Even Dokic ... but while Henin will stay in the top10-5 this year, Dokic will not!

gladysharon
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Justine definitely deserves her no 4 spot! She may be a bit mentally brittle but given time & more experience, she'll prove to everyone, even not fans of hers, that she's one of best's best.

xin
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xin
[B][QUOTE][B]She may have a win over every player, but she does have one of the worst records against the current top 10. Only Dokic has a worse record against the top 10. I think she only has a 20-30 winning %.[b][quote]

You have to think how many times she plays the Williams, she reaches a lot of semis and finals. She can face top players more often than others. Besides, she doesn't have good draws.

persond
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by xin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xin
[B][QUOTE][B].[b][quote]

. Besides, she doesn't have good draws.

:D I'll send her some "panties" straight away!!!:D :D :D :D

bis2806
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:24 PM
coz she freakin faked her injury twice against lindsay at the OZ open this year!

Shedevil
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:37 PM
oh come on...faking an injury. So has Linsday, besides who hasn't.
I remember Stevenson did the same thing at the generali open(final against Henin), I don't want to offend anybody but she was so obviously faking it...the lil devil :devil: :)

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Do we KNOW she was fakin' it? And much as I like Linzi, she can play with other players heads @ times, too, but sometime on a thread about her... Anyway, I'm still a big Juju fan (wait, there are only little Juju fans! :p), but she cut it pretty damn close today (6-4, 7-6).

bis2806
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:13 PM
oh please... only 'cheap' players fake injuries... like juju

Shedevil
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
what do you mean by 'cheap'?

per4ever
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bis2806
oh please... only 'cheap' players fake injuries... like juju
sour loser imo..the loss at the AO is hard huh

The Crow
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by per4ever
sour loser imo..the loss at the AO is hard huh

:D

caseyl45
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by bis2806
coz she freakin faked her injury twice against lindsay at the OZ open this year!

Oh please, not that again. Haven't we already had this debate?

SJW
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Alex wasnt faking! please believe :(

she had thigh problems and didnt you see the way she just gave up moving and just went for it? and thats saying something cos she has done a lot to improve her fitness in the past few months

btw Henin top 10....yes. top 5 atm....yes. but there a few players i consider better than her, but all credit to her shes worked hard to be where she is