PDA

View Full Version : Nic as Catwoman?

Mattographer
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:40 PM
I forget to tell all of you that I read an article in two or three days ago about Nicole Kidman maybe will be Catwoman in new Batman movie. She read the script at the moment and will tell them yes or no later.

I can't imagine she can fighting with the Batman! :o LOL!

Sam L
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Catwoman? I thought catwoman was done already, and I thought once done, they don't bring them back, except of course Batman :o

Mattographer
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Catwoman was escape in Batman: The Movie ;)

Aphrodite
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:45 PM
I read its between Nicole and christina ricci
and its called catwoman and its based on the comicbook hero.

darren cahill
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:46 PM
weird that Nicole would play 2 parts in a batman series...wasnt she in the one with Jim Carrey too?

Still Michelle Pfeiffer was great as Catwoman

Mattographer
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Kidman offered Catwoman role

DIRECT FROM THE EBROADCAST TV NEWSROOM - Thursday 6

February 2003

Golden Globe-winner Nicole Kidman has been offered the title role in Warner Brothers' Catwoman spin-off. Kidman "is waiting on the latest draft of the script before making any decisions." Ashley Judd was originally set to play the feline femme fatale, and Halle Berry was the most recent rumored replacement prior to Kidman.

The Aussie actress previously played The Dark Knight's love interest in 1995's Batman Forever. Kidman has also been linked with such upcoming projects as Alexander the Great, The Aviator and Guys and Dolls. She'll next be seen in Dogville and Cold Mountain.

French filmmaker Pitof will direct Catwoman for producer Denise DiNovi. The screenplay has been worked on by Kate Kondell, John Rogers and, most recently, a pair of scribes whose names we've so far been unable to ascertain.

The description of the project doesn't jibe with what the most recent drafts were about. The trade paper says "Catwoman is about a cat-loving gymnast who runs an animal-grooming business. While she is a vulnerable woman, her alter ego, Catwoman, is superconfident and fights evil." This synopsis sounds like the plot to the old Kondell draft. The most recent draft centered on orphaned veterinary scientist Patience Price's vendetta against industrialist Simon Church, the man whose corporate assassins "killed" her. Lake City detective Tom Lone is the point man in the police's Catwoman investigation. What Lone doesn't realize, though, is that his prey also happens to be his mousy next door neighbor and prospective girlfriend, Patience Price.

Mattographer
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by darren cahill
Michelle Pfeiffer was great as Catwoman
I agree ;)

Mattographer
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:58 PM
It's not all about Batman, never mind :rolleyes:

Aphrodite
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:41 AM
nicole kidman as catwoman as much as i like the actress i don't think she can pull off the role, catwoman requires a more dangerous, fiesty, looking woman, nicole looks too ordinary( very beautiful but somewhat plain) the catwoman from the comics looks nothing like niclo kidman
WE will have to wait and see, as an aspiring actress i know if you put your heart into the role you can do anything, and nicole can be quite an incredible actress.
however her looks are still a problem for the role in my opinion.
Ashley judd would be much better or halle.

Mr. Man
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:44 AM
Still Michelle Pfeiffer was great as Catwoman

I agree too. A sexy one at that. :D

Scotso
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:50 AM
I'm Michelle's biggest fan but saying that Nicole can't do *any* role is absurd.

disposablehero
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:53 AM
They've had 3 Batmans, what's the big deal with a 2nd Catwoman?

Gowza
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:27 AM
michelle was a great cat woman. nicole would be okay for the part but i agree that she shouldn't play it because she has already played a different part and it would be weird.

Master Lu
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Umm, it seems this movie has nothing to do with Batman - he's not even in it, so I don't think Nicole previous role should have any impact on this one.
I like Christina Ricci, but there's no way I can picture her as the Catwoman. I can picture Nicole, but I do think Ashley Judd would make a better Catwoman. Anyone know why she backed out of it?

On a side note, Michelle Pfeiffer was :drool: :drool: :drool:! :)

irma
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:22 AM
I should be catwoman

Miauw :angel: ;)

Beat
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Aphrodite
nicole looks too ordinary( very beautiful but somewhat plain)

you could really say the same thing about michelle pfeiffer, they both have this translucenct (sp?) kind of beauty - and she was amazing as catwoman.
i mean, halle berry was rumoured to play catwoman for a while, now that would have been a crime :fiery:

Halardfan
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:50 AM
One of the following should play Catwoman...

Lori Petty, Winona Ryder, Drew Barrymore, Halle Berry, Brittany Murphy.

Any suggestion that such a role would just be a good excuse for me to see them in a slinky, sexy outfit, is a outrageous slur. ;)

True, though. :)

nasty nick#2
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:14 PM
They are making a new batman movie? :o

Mattographer
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Martian Nick
They are making a new batman movie? :o
I don't certain answer... some articles say it will making a new Batman movie but other articles say it was all about Catwoman only.

:confused:

nasty nick#2
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by AlexSydney
I don't certain answer... some articles say it will making a new Batman movie but other articles say it was all about Catwoman only.

:confused:

this (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0327554) is what i find.

Mattographer
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
So, Ashley Judd is the Catwoman? Why all articles say Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry and others maybe will be Catwoman? :confused:

Mattographer
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Oh, there something happened to Ashley Judd? She find it not easy or what?

Mattographer
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Bump

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Can I put in a vote for Sean Young as Catwoman?

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:48 PM
not everyone can do every role lets face it some people are more talented or have a better look more suited to the character. Do you think kathy bates could be catwoman? come on. I love kathy and she's a great actress but she is not catwoman.

nicole could surprise me so who knows.
ashley I think would be great.
Halle I'm sure could pull it off as well.

Barrie_Dude
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:50 PM
The Best Catwoman = Angelina Jolie!

Mattographer
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Michelle Pfeiffer should be Catwoman again! :p

Asmus
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Don't do it Nicole! You'd be great, of course, but you're making so many wonderful movies right now that it would be a shame to put so much effort into doing a brainless action movie.

Mattographer
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Asmus
Don't do it Nicole! You'd be great, of course, but you're making so many wonderful movies right now that it would be a shame to put so much effort into doing a brainless action movie.
Excatly! :o