PDA

View Full Version : Martina wins again

tennisIlove09
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:35 PM
First Round Qatar
(4) Svetlana Kuznetsova/Martina Navratilova (RUS/USA) d. (Q) Z. Yan/Jie Zheng (CHN/CHN) 75 57 64

Bероника
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:37 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

treufreund
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Whoa! Tough match. It is not easy to play these matches after having just won a MAJOR. But I think Martina needs a better partner than Svetlana (who is pretty good but not GREAT).

nikita771
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Cool. I really like Martina.:)

Sam L
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Keep going, Martina! :D

Philbo
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Awesome news, thanks for posting it...

venusfan
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:20 AM
GRANDMA NAVRATILOVA IS TEARING UP THE TOUR

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:10 AM
This really is amazing- Martina's recent results are simply incredible and I almost feel like she is slightly being taken for granted by the media and press. This was a tough match, but she pulled it out like the veteran and champion that she is. It is truly a priveledge to be on the court against her and I hope Svetlana knows how lucky she is to being playing with her. Hopefully she will learn a lot about the game from Martina. It's difficult for me to say how they work together as a team since I've never seen them, but Martina's results are truly inspirational for any tennis fan!!!! Keep going Martina and Svetlana!!!

Leena
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Martina's results are truly inspirational for anyone! 46 years old, and still out there... that's really unbelievable for a sport like tennis.

And Yan is another Chinese player... I have to remember that for trivia. :)

Zummi
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Actually, I think both players are lucky. Not just Sveta. Martina is lucky to have a talented and fit partner with more stamina and power.

I'm worried about the score though. That does not look good :sad:

Philbo
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:51 AM
the score doesnt look good Zummmi, but at least they pulled through in a close one!!! When you cna win not playing well, its a good sign...

tenn_ace
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:19 AM
the Chinese girls qualified which means they played some matches in Qatar already... Martina played her first match in about a month... Besides there are good days and bad days and it's not fair blame Sveta for this... Maybe Martina didn't play well, ah, treufrend?

tennisIlove09
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Czechfan
Awesome news, thanks for posting it...

You're welcome :)