PDA

View Full Version : help please!!!!!!!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:01 PM
ok, i made a new yahoo account 5 minutes ago... and what i didn't know was that my old yahoo account would be erased?? now i've lost everything.... :sad: :sad: all my bookmarks, options etc.. :sad: is there something i can do to find all taht?? :sad:

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Your old account should still be there too. Log out of your new account and then you should be able to go into the log in screen. Put in your old account stuff and you should be able to see all your bookmarks again. Copy them all down and also the options and then go into your new account and put your old options in.

That might....hopefully....will help ;) (I hope :p )

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:12 PM
but i did type in my old account with yahoo id and password, and it says it doens't exist a yahoo account like that :sad:
is it normal that they erase an account when i use the same puter to re-register?? :mad: :sad:

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:18 PM
It shouldn't matter, you should probably be allowed to have as many accounts as possible, it certainly shouldn't matter about what puter you used to log-in or even re-register :(

Did you have a lot of things bookmarked?

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Making a new Yahoo account does not erase your old account.

Delete your cookies.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
yeah, i do have more than 25 bookmarked.... :sad: some uni sites as well, ok ok, its not like i wont find them, but it's gonna take me a long time, and i'll have to email ppl to give me those addies again :o

thanks for helping martin! it means a lot!!! :kiss:

LeonHart
It shouldn't matter jie jie, i have multi-accounts on yahoo too, and it doesn't erase my old ones. Recheck your password!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
*doing what dark said*

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:22 PM
leon didi :sad: i have the same password almost everywhere.... i remember it, it's rather the yahoo id i can't remember coz it has tons of # in it :o :sad:

ok dark, the cookies are deleted.. now what?

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Awww no need to thank me Marri, I don't mind at all :):kiss: That's what friends are for and I just wish I could help you more :)

Yay Dark, definitely listen to him, he is the computer expert here!! Dark Vader to the rescue ;)

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Marri, log in using your old ID and PW.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:27 PM
err... there is a lock icon right next to my sign in button, is taht good? :o

dammit, it still says invalid :sad:

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:32 PM
The lock icon means you are trying to log in using "Secure" mode.

Click on the "Standard" mode option then log in.

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:35 PM
i have *counting* loads of yahoo accounts too.. :kiss: Marri! :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:38 PM
lisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :kiss:

*weeps* what is wrong.. i'm getting very frustrated... kinda hysterical coz of this... lol :o

ok.. it's on standard now... still says invalid :(

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Invalid means invalid. When was the last time you logged into your old Yahoo account because it seems like you are not using the correct ID?

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:40 PM
*hångla Marri* :D still dont know what that means!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:45 PM
i used the old account 10 minutes ago! i made a new one, and i didn't really concentrate.. so i checked the box for err.. adding thw Yahoo! bar or something.... and after taht, all my old account stuff disappeard.

lisa.. ehehe.. lol :o sure you don't know what it means? ;)

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Lisa, it means... ;)

Marri, did you actually log into the old account when you used it 10 min. ago, or are you automatically logged in?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:52 PM
automatically

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Try this:

Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Content tab -> AutoComplete button -> Clear Forms button and Clear Passwords button

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:04 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i found itttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! i finally found my whole yahoo! id! lol :o :D
and i did it all becoz of Jordan and Alexis (i know i don't talk to you guys anymore, but thank you:) ) lol i went to the oldest pool thread to find my id... but i didn't find it coz eevrybody (incl. me) always wrote dawnmarie.... the dots where teh rest of my id... BUT jordan and alexis were posting each other's pool stats, and in those stats, were my whole ID!!!!!!!!!!! :D :bounce: :bounce:

thank you all for your help!!!!!!!! :) :kiss:

Maxine
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Martian Marri
lisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :kiss:

*weeps* what is wrong.. i'm getting very frustrated... kinda hysterical coz of this... lol :o

ok.. it's on standard now... still says invalid :(

What a drama queen!:p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:07 PM
lmao i know :o

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

but you still love me, right? :angel:

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:08 PM
yay for marri!! :bounce: *more hångla* :D

Maxine
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Martian Marri
lmao i know :o

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

but you still love me, right? :angel:

Yes, mind you i can't talk - if it was me who lost my account i would be crying real tears:rolleyes:

Darkheart
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Marri, you better not log out of WTAworld or else you won't be able to log back in. :rolleyes: :o ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:15 PM
lisa :drool: *hånglar* lol maybe you should find out what it means before you say it :o

lol maxine, well, i hope you'll never ever lose your account!

err martin, are you still here?? how do i move all my bookmarks over to the new account? :o

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:15 PM
lmao@Darkheart! I think she just did! :o

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:17 PM
yeah good idea Marri! :o *waiting for marri to tell me*

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:23 PM
lmao i am still here! :p

i am just trying to figure out all this export and import of bookmarks! :o :p

and err lise... here is not the place to tell you what hångla is! :o lol *cough* i thought you knew.... :o

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Hehe I'm back here now Marri ;), hmmm I'm not sure how you move the bookmarks, maybe copy them down and then manually type them into your new account :o:p

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Marri, this is a good place to tell Lisa, because the rest of us know anyway :p :o

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:32 PM
lol martin, i've been exporting, importing and converting my files coz it says so, but i still don't have my bookmarks... :mad: :o :fiery:

lol lise, i'm :o

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:38 PM
ok martin will tell me... i think i know what it is... but i'm not really sure! :o

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:42 PM
i am pretty sure that i've told you what it means? :o

lol ok... me and martina were talking about this swedish teen movie(Fucking Åmål/Show Me Love), and they say something about *hångla* it basically means "to make out" :o

now you know :o

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Would it be possible for you to print the links off, and then just type them in and then bookmark them in your new account? ;)

Lol Lisa, Marri would be better telling you, she has a better way with words than me ;):o

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:46 PM
that's what I thought it meant... I asked you before but you were too :o to tell me... :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:48 PM
lol i was too :o to tell?? :o

but you know now.... :o :angel: *cough*

lol martin, you want me to type those 35 bookmarks i got? :p

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Lol I'm too slow, I never realised Marri made that post before me :o

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:50 PM
You could do that Marri :p, you know I'd do it for you, if I could! :);)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:50 PM
my post was posted 2 mins before yours! :p lol you scare me:o

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Lol how do I scare you? :o

I was looking at another thread and left this one for a minute or two, then posted what I'd said, I'll need to learn to refresh the page, just in case :o

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:53 PM
lol!!! i guess all that exporting and importing and converting files worked!!!!! coz all my bookmarks are there now :D

*feels so technical* :bounce:

Hurricane Lily
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:54 PM
lol ok i'm off to eat dinner! :) good luck with your importing/exporting Marri! :D

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Well done!! :p See you've learned something tonight :p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:57 PM
i don't like your :p's martin :p

bon appetit lisa dear :kiss: and thanks - it's all fixed :D

Martian Martin
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:01 AM
See ya Lisa!! :kiss::wavey:

Awww Marri, I probably shouldn't ask what else you don't like about me ;)

Darkheart
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:02 AM
per4ever was no help. :p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:04 AM
aww, martin! don't worry, that list is not long :) don't even think i got a list;)

lol dark! how did you know i asked K for help?? :eek:

Darkheart
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:07 AM
I assumed. So you did? :eek:

He's too busy talking crap in that Flemish Crap thread. :o

Martian Martin
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Awww thanks Marri :), well if I have faults then tell me sometime, I always look to improve myself :o;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:39 AM
lmao dark! K is the first person i ask!!! (before i make a thread...;) ) hehe :D nah, he couldn't help me, coz he had absolutely no idea what i was talking about :o

anyways, everything is fixed! all the stuff i had on my old account have now been exported to the new one :D thanks for your patience! :kiss:

martin :kiss:

Darkheart
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Glad everything is fixed. :kiss:

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:57 AM
:hearts: glad to hear ur problem is fixed!! Sorry i wuz no help as im no comp genius :sad:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:58 AM
aww, leon didi, it's ok! just you being in here trying to help means a lot! :kiss:

how are you today?? :D

seabiscuit
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:00 AM
lucky u marri...remember wtafan mail? well i had so much lost when suddenly that service went kulprit and noone from the wta would respond to my request regarding their WTA e-mail account

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:02 AM
I've been soooo sick lately :sad: and i've been workin my ass off doin this english project that i jus finished yesterday (phew!). And..today wasn't that great either, it rained, i forgot my umbrella, i wuz soaked, and now im even more sick! gah.. :fiery:

How bout you jie jie? :wavey::p better than me i hope :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:08 AM
awww sea! sorry to hear that! :(

but luckily i had this place!!! :hearts: i searched for some old files where i knew i had my account id written somewhere, used some time skimming through, and i found it - very lucky :)

aww didi *hugs* hope you'll be better soon! i'm sure your mama will make you a nice soup! ;)
Jie jie is tired! lol it's so late here, but i can't sleep... lol :o
well done on that english project! *thumbs up* tell me the results when you get it ;)

so, what does didi do except school?

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Other than school??!!! I have no time for other things!! J/p :p the little time i have outside of school i go on the internet:rolleyes:.... I do play tennis with my friends sometimes, and badminton season is about to start so i'll be busy at practices for the rest of the spring season.

Marri jie jie, you've been to a lot of places i heard! :hearts: plus that trip to Spain with your friends soon? :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:27 AM
ooh... badminton... typical asian sport;) my brother plays it!

yeah, i love to travel! and uh huh, the spain trip is in 16 days :D *so excited* :bounce: :bounce:

i wish i could play tennis.... :sad:

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:33 AM
:eek: 16 days only?? WOW!! ENJOY the spanish culture and all that cool authentic wine! :p. What's cool about Spain is...even when its 9:00 PM the sun is still up! And age requirement for wine is only 18!! All my cousins were able to drink while they couldn't here in the US lol ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:39 AM
lol! i don't even think Spain has an alcohol limit at all :eek: seroiusly!
i haven't been to spain before! last time the girls went, i was in Taiwan! having a blast, so i don't regret at all!
Spain should be good :cool:

ahhhh.. i see you have changed the US flag into the coooooooooooooool Taiwanese flag! ;) :bounce:

pff... the alcohol limit in US is crazy! taht's why i am kinda :s about going to Calif and meet my friends there! they are all older than me! but they said that it's not any prob in Cali! lol besides, fake id is good to have :angel:

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Drink limit is 21? Iunno...i've only tasted alcohol once, and it wuz pretty nasty. Some of my friends already drink and smoke, I tell em to stop and they try, cuz they dun wanna have that raspy voice ppl get when they smoke too much :D. They do it cuz itz koo to get stung or watever, but it ain't my thing...especially after seeing them do it. maybe i'll change my mind later? :p

Bleh jie jie with her fake ids! bad bad! :o

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:57 AM
didi, a thumbs up for you! really! your attitudes are great! now taht i'm 19, i'm so experienced.. lol j/k ;) what i mean is, don't change your views for anyone but yourself! and it's great that you tell your friends to quit smoking and drinking! coz there is a reason why there are anti smoking and drinking campagnes all over the place (atleast here, where we have no alcohol/cigaretts ads. we have tons of those anti campagnes)

jie jie is proud of you :) ;)

lol i only use the fake id coz ppl under 20 don't have any decent places to go during the weekends. at those under 20 places, there are often fights and arguments, coz drunk brats are usually like that :o and at the under 20 places, there are so many 14 year olds it's scary!

keep it up didi! :kiss:

well, i should go to bed now :eek: niiiiight!

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:06 AM
hahha, i knoe wat u mean :kiss: those damn 14 yr olds :o! night!