PDA

View Full Version : How many of nominated movies have you seen?

ys
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:47 PM
I saw none of them, and have no plans to see any of them. I do have a ".. Greek Wedding.." on VHS which is lying near my VCR for almost two monthes already. Probably it'll be the first one..

The Crow
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Could you sum them up please? :o ;)

Tratree
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I've seen Chigago, The Hours, Unfailthful, LOTR, The Pianist and MBFG Wedding.

Highly recommend Chicago...great entertainment and Catherine ZJ is amazing.

LOTR was good for that kind of movie, though long.

The Hours and The Pianist are both incredible, but a bit more than slightly depressing. I guess The Pianist is more disturbing than depressing, but it is definitely an excellent film. Adrian Brody does an incredible job.

The performances in The Hours are fantastic..including Ed Harris in a supporting role. I wouldn't give it overall Best Film because it does plod a bit, but the actors are top-notch.

Unfaithful was meh to me....it was okay, but no more incredible than Fatal Attraction. Giving an Oscar to someone for having racy sex scenes was done last year....sorry Diane.

Anyone on the planet who has not seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding needs to run, not walk to their local video store (it came out today!). It is Hi-larious. I really hope Nia Vardalos wins the Oscar for original screenplay. Btw....the new TV show of the movie premieres on Monday, 2/24, after Raymond on CBS. My bro-in-law works on the show and I'm going to see it filmed on Friday night. Yay!

Mazza
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:05 PM
I've only seen LOTR. :)

ys
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Anyone on the planet who has not seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding needs to run, not walk to their local video store (it came out today!).

LOL. It was on sale in Russia since November at least..:) But my multisystem VCR died yesterday ( or rather it has been murdered by me, when I tried to find out whether it is capable of playing a tape soaked in red wine ), so I'll have to wait a week or so before a replacement arrives..

LOTR - they have to pay me by hour to watch this kind of stuff..

The Pianist - I think I may have seen it during one of my recent flights to Paris - I think it was on Air France menu, and I might have seen it, at least partly, because I remember watching something similar to the description..

Others - by description of them, I am not interested, at least for now.. Of course, foreign language movies list has to be paid attention - normally it is much higher quality stuff than the mainstream Hollywood crap..

AjdeNate!
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:28 PM
>8... a bit of a cineholic here.

irma
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:56 PM
0 and I sollicitated in a movietheatre today

lmao;)

LucasArg
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:13 AM

Crazy Canuck
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:47 AM
The only one that I have seen is Lord of the Rings and the main reason that I shelled out the cash for that one is sentimental.

I can hardly afford to rent from the video store, let alone pay 10-15 bucks to go to the cinema.

nasty nick#2
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:51 AM
I think most of the nominated movies were crap!

gentenaire
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:57 AM
As usual: 0!

The simple reason is that we have to wait half a year before the films come out here. The Hours and Chicago will be coming out soon.
Somehow they always presume that we have the exact same taste in movies as the Americans. They're the test public, whatever does well there gets released here. If Americans don't like it, there's not much chance we'll get to see the movie :sad: The times I've waited for films to come out here that weren't released at all in the end...:fiery:

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Are we talking here about movies with nominations across all the categories? If that is the case I've probably seen five or six so far (I'm too lazy to go back and check which movies have nominations in which categories). They include The Silent American, The Two Towers, Gangs of New York, Ice Age, Talk to Her. Okay, that's at least five.

Most of these movies are only just being released here.