PDA

View Full Version : Can Venus Take Away Something Postitive From Losing To Serena 5 Times In a Row?

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:24 PM
http://www.venustennis.com/wsispink.jpg
I think so. Steffi lost to Gaby 5 times in a row and was a better player in the end due to it. GO VENUS!

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:37 PM
http://www.venustennis.com/the2.jpg

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:39 PM
http://www.venustennis.com/the17.jpg :wavey: :worship:

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:46 PM
http://www.venustennis.com/the18.jpg

TSequoia01
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:15 PM
When you have deficiencies but still win, sometimes there is a lack of motivation to work on them. As Jen once said, She is number one why work on that serve. Venus has known for sometime that her second serve and forehand were not the best they could be. But hey, she was still dominating. Now that she is no longer dominating and Lil Sis is, she will turn attention to those weaknesses and get better. Woe to the WTA! :cool:

Volcana
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:17 PM
I think she's figured out she doesn't like losing to Serena, something she didn't know at RG.

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:21 PM
well melbourne was a much better match than in the past. venus served for the 1st set and 2ns set and lost the 3rd one due to 4 errors at the end so i hope venus can win in paris should they play

rfs1999
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Who will win in Miami?

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:33 PM
its very windy in miami and i think this favors serena more than venus and on the hardcourts it will be very difficult for somebody to stop this final

JonBcn
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Millions of dollars should be some comfort

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:36 PM
venus was a millionaire at age 11 or 12 so i think she wants more than that

macn
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:43 PM
I don't think Venus will ever beat Serena in a Grand slam. Venus seems to be just going through the motions when she plays Serena!

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:48 PM
i disagree. if venus can play the way she played in the 2nd set she will win each time. she is just more powerful than serena but her errors get her. Venus was bombing the aces and hitting the return deep down the middle to serenas feet. serena was out of the match.

of course serena was quick to point out nobody on the wta tour can serve 125mph for 2 hours. we'll see miss serena :(

harloo
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by TSequoia01
When you have deficiencies but still win, sometimes there is a lack of motivation to work on them. As Jen once said, She is number one why work on that serve. Venus has known for sometime that her second serve and forehand were not the best they could be. But hey, she was still dominating. Now that she is no longer dominating and Lil Sis is, she will turn attention to those weaknesses and get better. Woe to the WTA! :cool:

Agree with Tsequoia01. The wins were coming Vee's way and she didn't really need to improve at that point. I like her interview after the AO finals, because she said herself that people would point out the flaws in her game, but she didn't pay too much attention to them because she was winning. I believe she is gonna go home and work on it, and come out the champion in a few. Then Rena will up her level, and it will go back and forth. I can't wait.:D :)

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:58 PM
AND I WILL BE IN MIAMI!!! I HOPE TO SEE THEM PLAY!!!!

Keith
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Well, she can take away the insane amount of money that the runner's up check has!

anton
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:11 PM
reebok is paying her much more, like $40 million. i mean i hope she will change her game like steffi did after losing to gaby.

gaby on almost EVERY point:
1-hit to SG BH
2-waited for weak shot
3-came to net, hit volley to FH
4-steffi make error

so steffi started to hit the topspin backhand and SHE came to the net much more.

irma
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:42 PM
anton Steffi just went through a bad period. two opponents who sort of dominated her in a year never won again after spring 92 (but the injury one time)

that says something. the backhand had nothing to do with it

mboyle
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Sorry, but keep dreaming. I hate to say it, but Serena is going to go undefeated this season barring injury.:sad: . Venus just isn't good enough to win. Serena has a textbook game (except that she goes for 100% on every shot, which causes errors sometimes). Venus has thousands of imperfections, and a god aweful serve. Unless she somehow seriously changes her gameplan, she is gonna stay at two or (probably if Kim keeps up form) number three.

Renee
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:41 PM
A lot of people are anxious to give Kim the number two spot. You would think Serena and Kim had played the last four Grand Slam finals.

TeeRexx
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Renee - Very good response. :)

Also, Kim has only 2 wins over VENUS, one, which I witnessed in L.A., which was an injury default.

Kim will not move up any positions fro quite a while or until VENUS and/or SERENA retire. :)

leslie
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:33 AM
I would prefer Venus lose 5 times to Serena than anyone else.

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by irma
anton Steffi just went through a bad period. two opponents who sort of dominated her in a year never won again after spring 92 (but the injury one time)

that says something. the backhand had nothing to do with it

i have to disagree with you irma. gaby had a plan to beat steffi and it was working. sure steffi was not playing her best, but steffi said herself that "everybody knew what was coming so I had to make some changes." I hope Venus will do the same, because Serena it seems knows everything that is coming form her game.

Venus Forever
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by anton
its very windy in miami and i think this favors serena more than venus and on the hardcourts it will be very difficult for somebody to stop this final

I think it would favor Venus more. Serena goes for more, which I think the wind will play alot with this causing a lot more UFE from her wings. Venus seems to play conservatively against Serena, she will not go for much, making her control of the ball much better than Serena's.

I think the Australian Open match was a big turn around for Venus. I think it showed that she still wants it, but just wanted Serena to get her slam first. She will be firing away in Miami.

2003 is the year of Venus, and don't forget it.;)

CJ07
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:10 AM
She will

At RG she didnt mind at all
At Wimbledon she was irratated but it was ok
At UsOpen she was pooped
At OZ she was stunned

At Miami Venus wins 6-3 6-4

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
I think it would favor Venus more. Serena goes for more, which I think the wind will play alot with this causing a lot more UFE from her wings. Venus seems to play conservatively against Serena, she will not go for much, making her control of the ball much better than Serena's.

I think the Australian Open match was a big turn around for Venus. I think it showed that she still wants it, but just wanted Serena to get her slam first. She will be firing away in Miami.

2003 is the year of Venus, and don't forget it.;)

venus forever, what a cool name!

anyway, i think serena's pace and hitting the ball 100mph on her groundies cuts through the wind more than Venus' loops. Venus used to hit the ball harder than Serena and then they pretty much exchanged game styles which is wierd.

Venus will need to attack Serena or she will never beat her. Plus her serve and forehand must get better. Serena will pick on them each time. Serena on the other hand doesnt have any weaknesses so Venus needs to play HER game and not make errors. There is nothing to pick on in Serena's game.

joao
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:58 AM
"Can Venus Take Away Something Postitive From Losing To Serena 5 Times In a Row?"

I thought she was going to defeat Serena and win the AO, last time they played and sure she improved compared with her last 4 losses but still ... I really hope Miami will be the turnover in Venus rivalry with Serena, but I'm still not 100% sure that this will happen though! Serena has this fire right now and she's setting really high goals for her 2003 season!

If Venus wins Antwerp and Dubai then I'll be more confident in Miami! But right now it's still 60-40 in favour of Serena! I mean how many losses do you have to swallow before you wake up??? Five is a big number! I thought she would have waken up at 3!

goodolvs
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:11 AM
i always believe in Venus!
She Can Do Everything She Wants To Do!

maccardel
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:05 AM
The positive stuff that venus can bring out of this is the fact that both her and her sister dominated the draw and both won in the end.

also she can look at it as: My sister won a grandslam