PDA

View Full Version : Don' t hate us please !!!!!

Nicoleke
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:27 PM
I' ve read on a newspaper that in the Usa, people don' t like the fact that France don' t agree with G. Bush about the war in Irak. It' s not because the opinion of the two countries aren' t similar that you have to hate France. Moreover, Germany and Russia agree with France. Don' t hate french people, we' re your friends !!!!!!

Peace and love, don' t do war :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

matthias
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:39 PM
i love the french for saying NO
and i give a sh!t about what us-people think about us germans!

salima
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Totally agree with matthias

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:47 PM
You must understand that most Americans are against this war...:kiss:

Mercury Rising
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by matthias
i love the french for saying NO
and i give a sh!t about what us-people think about us germans!
I agree, I also love the Belgians for saying no, and I don't give a shit either. :wavey:

AjdeNate!
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:04 PM
I think most USA citizens either:
a) Don't want war.
b) Don't care about anything at all.
c) Have no feeling one way or another about Frenchies.

The only thing I can say about USA & France, is that USA believes the stereotype that all Frenchies smoke and are snobs.

spiceboy
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Isn't it ironic? This attitude is the only thing I like about French people...

Kiwi_Boy
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:48 PM
I TOTALY respect the french veiw on this matter and respect all who respect it!!!!! :D :kiss:
it seems the only sensible stance and this world need's more sensibility :)

in NZ now we share a similar veiw to france,we dont want war :D

ys
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:52 PM
This is as stupid as it can get..

Nobody, or almost nobody, wants war. But there are some objectives that can be achieved otherwise in current circumstances.. France and Russia has always been Hussein's best friends, and Germany is not important.. But, I guess, it is just a bargaining for getting bigger share of Iraqi oil after the war.. Any doubts there will be a war?

I don't hate the French, but neither I like them.. Except for French ladies, of course..:)

Nicoleke
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ys
I don't hate the French, but neither I like them.. Except for French ladies, of course..:)

;) !!!!!

AjdeNate!
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:08 PM
...and Mary Cherry - the sweetest of them all!!!! :)

:wavey:

Nicoleke
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Seles
...and Mary Cherry - the sweetest of them all!!!! :)

Wow, thanks you :kiss: !!!!!

irma
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:28 PM
allez France!

SJW
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:38 PM
i wish Britain would take a leaf outta France/Belgium etcs book

damn Blair.....Bush's fucking lapdog!!

AjdeNate!
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Mary Cherry - ma petite chou!! :p

Beat
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:58 PM
what do you mean, hate? on vous aime!!!! :kiss:
this is the best thing coming out of french (and german and russian) international politics in a long time! :D

Princess Fiona
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Hate? Noooo... Certainly not!! And YOU, the great Mary Cherry, are one of my favourite posters on this board!! :D ;)

Halardfan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:30 PM
I would advise French people or German people never to watch Fox News, which REALLY doesn't like you very much and says so every 10 minutes.:eek:

Though they've moved on to hating Belgium now as well. :eek:

Fortunately Fox and the rest of Rupert Murdoch's evil empire do not speak for all of America. :)

Many in America and people throughout the world are united in the knowledge that Bush and Co are vile and are the main ones to blame for the huge row.

Especially Rumsfeld, who I despise.

Feb 11th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Mary Cherry
I' ve read on a newspaper that in the Usa, people don' t like the fact that France don' t agree with G. Bush about the war in Irak. It' s not because the opinion of the two countries aren' t similar that you have to hate France. Moreover, Germany and Russia agree with France. Don' t hate french people, we' re your friends !!!!!!

Peace and love, don' t do war :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

The reality is that most Australians also want no involvement in the war...we just have a fucked up, corrupt government who want our people to be killed! Has Howard been promised oil, or is he just blindly following Bush?...and Howard said there would be no Australian foot soldiers, but he has sent them! For Australia, this is just going to be a repeat of Vietnam

ttaM
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ba
I would advise French people or German people never to watch Fox News, which REALLY doesn't like you very much and says so every 10 minutes.:eek:

Though they've moved on to hating Belgium now as well. :eek:

Fortunately Fox and the rest of Rupert Murdoch's evil empire do not speak for all of America. :)

Many in America and people throughout the world are united in the knowledge that Bush and Co are vile and are the main ones to blame for the huge row.

Especially Rumsfeld, who I despise.

Actually, here in the U.S. Fox News defeated CNN for the first time for most watched 24 hour news network. :devil: So I guess we're all a bunch for evil, misguided follwers. :devil: :angel: ;

People seem to be milking this 1 page cover. If I got upset over every European magazine/newspaper that posted some garbage propaganda piece my post count would probably be in the 10,000s. ;) :angel:

I still love France. And I'm going to Germany in May, so I still like them too. ;) :D

Helen Lawson
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I do not think most Americans think much about France either way concerning the war. I know a good number of Americans who go by the thought that as a nation, they do not like France, but they like the people individually. I have to agree. I have never met a French person I did not like. It is not like France is going to stop the war anyway.

LeonHart
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TopShotta
You must understand that most Americans are against this war...:kiss:

actually they did a poll, and most Americans vote yes on war ;)

LeonHart
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:24 PM
My US History teacher says that France, Germany, and Russia don't agree with the US cuz we're such a big world player, and they're jus jealous! But i dun hate French people :kiss: no harm meant.

Bероника
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:31 PM
I support France and Germany and feel ashamed by spanish government

Monica_Rules
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:45 PM
I'm in two minds about the whole war thing.On the one hand i don't want war because its horrible and G.Bush is a bit too aggressive in my opinion.

On the other hand i think Saddam Hussain is dangerous and should be stopped before its too late!

Scotso
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:51 PM
I have nothing against the French, but the French make it abundantly clear that they don't like the US.

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:23 AM
I hate John Howard, Prime Minister of Australia :rolleyes:

Sam L
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by AlexSydney
I hate John Howard, Prime Minister of Australia :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be in school? :confused: :p

Me too, John Howard now says he won't retire til Saddam is gone, so in other words he's basing his entire political career around Saddam :rolleyes: Oh yeah, forgot about the welfare of the Australian people :rolleyes:

I agree with the French and Germans on these issues.

Kiwi_Boy
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by untitled2284
The reality is that most Australians also want no involvement in the war...we just have a fucked up, corrupt government who want our people to be killed! Has Howard been promised oil, or is he just blindly following Bush?...and Howard said there would be no Australian foot soldiers, but he has sent them! For Australia, this is just going to be a repeat of Vietnam

to be perfectly honest ,thats the only thing i dont like about aussie (i cant belive im saying that :eek: :p ) and it sometimes looks like they are just being used as an american sherif to the area and are used when it suits....if that makes any sense.

im glad that nz hasnt commited its self right in behind australia ,right behind america,and nothings been decided yet but they have hinted at our only involment will be to help in restoring iraq and medical stuff,and i hope thats how it will stay,our government knows it has no real business in that war and it knows hardly anyone here wants one......quite frankly it also knows we could put the money to somthing better for us instead of spending it on an un-necesary war.

anyways if it gets bad over there you can all come and seek shelter here ;) :D

JC
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Trust me, but i gree with some of you guys Saddam Hussain needs to be stop and he cannot get away with what he has done. Sorry, but we all wanna live in peace, and harmony, and in a perfect world, but the world is not like that, and we need to face reality. I think that country would be much better place for it's citizens if Saddam Hussain is OUT. That's my opinion. And by the way i HATE BUSH, i voted for Gore.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:56 AM
My US History teacher says that France, Germany, and Russia don't agree with the US cuz we're such a big world player, and they're jus jealous!

Well it's nice to know that they are giving you such objective, informed opinions in your public schools :)

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:01 AM
LoL, you gotta knoe tha guy before u can judge him. He's a great teacher :)

disposablehero
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Chris Ba

Easy to hold that opinion, but you would be wise to remember who they are railing against. Hussein gives less of a crap about the Iraqi citizens than Bush does, but he counts on conscientious opposition to their deaths to sway western opinion against going after him. He'll try and hide his weapons so long as he feels America doesn't have a level of moral support they are comfortable with. Truthfully, the best way to avoid a war might be to support one. Hussein has been known to knuckle under when cornered, sometimes.

Richie77
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:24 AM
dh, I think Saddam is starting to knuckle under already...he made some new concessions to the U.N. over the weekend. He should just go into exile somewhere, but I doubt he will.

I don't like the idea of a U.S. war against Iraq. I think we should keep focusing our energy on capturing Al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden. They're the bigger threat. But you don't hear about them too much anymore, since the only thing the White House is concerned with is Iraq this, Iraq that. :rolleyes:

disposablehero
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:39 AM
I'm not saying Bush is right. I'm not arrogant enough to assume I know either way, nor foolish enough to blindly believe the media propaganda supporting either side. However, I did find this article interesting.

Security Council Sells Out
By Thomas W. Murphy

While public opinion polls in the United States indicate that Americans overwhelmingly favor military action to disarm Iraq and topple Saddam Hussein, a growing number of Americans favor military action only if it is endorsed by the United Nations.

Many Americans hold an idealistic view of the world community that leads them to conclude that any military action against Iraq should be approved by the U.N. Security Council, while others stung by criticism the U.S. is arrogant and unilateralist, favor military action under the umbrella of United Nations approval simply to pacify world opinion.

This idealistic view that the U.N. will do the "right thing" about Iraq, fails to recognize the realities of international politics and the impact that national self-interest has on the decision making process in the U.N.

For example, both Russia and France have significant financial interests at stake, including oil exploration and development contracts worth billions of dollars. For years, both Russia and France have been more interested in getting U.N. sanctions lifted for their own economic gain, then in ensuring that Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction.

Since 1996, Russia has ranked first among nations doing business with Iraq under the oil-for-food program with sales exceeding $4 billion, and Russia still hopes to collect the $12 billion in cold-war-era debt owed by Iraq.

In 1997, a consortium led by Russian giant Lukoil signed a contract worth an estimated $4 billion to develop the massive West Qurna oil field in southern Iraq. A contract Lukoil cannot start work on until the U.N. sanctions are lifted.

Last year under the oil-for-food program, France sold $1.5 billion worth of goods to Iraq, the most of any nation. Major French companies like communications giant Alcatel and automakers Peugeot and Renault have landed lucrative deals in Iraq.

France's Total Fina Elf has exclusive rights to develop the Majnoon and Bin Umar oil fields which are believed to be the largest in the world and estimated to hold 35 billion barrels of oil; more than three times Total Fina Elf's current reserves.

Neither Russia or France initially supported a tough, new U.N. resolution that would require Iraq to comply with previous resolutions to disarm and cooperate with U.N. inspections. In fact, they did not see the need for a new resolution, and actually favored relaxing U.N. sanctions so that Russian and French firms could start working the oil fields.

Much to the ire of Baghdad, Russia and France finally succumbed to pressure from the U.S. and Great Britain and supported resolution 1441 which requires Iraqi disarmament and cooperation with U.N. weapons inspections.

On December 8, 2002, Iraq sent both Russia and France a message when it cancelled the $4 billion contract with Russia's Lukoil to develop the West Qurna oil field. French oil firms, fearing they were next, began pressuring the French government to force the U.N. to resolve the Iraq crisis peacefully and Total Fina Elf demanded assurances its oil contacts in Iraq will be protected in the face of a possible U.S. attack.

Chief U.N. arms inspector Hans Blix says Iraqi cooperation is lacking and they failed to meet their obligations under resolution 1441 to provide a full and accurate declaration of their weapons of mass destruction. This is a direct violation of resolution 1441 which states "false statements in the declaration" submitted by Iraq, "shall constitute a further breech of Iraq's obligations."

On January 16, in direct contradiction of Blix's statements, the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister met with the Iraqi government and praised "the positive spirit of cooperation from Iraq" on the weapons inspections.

On January 17, the Russian oil company Lukoil "miraculously" announced that it had "persuaded" Baghdad to reverse the decision made on December 8th to cancel the contract with Lukoil to develop the giant West Qurna oil field.

Later that day, it was announced that Iraq and Russia had signed three new oil accords to explore and develop oil fields in southern and western Iraq.

The first of the three new accords was to develop the Al-Rafidain oil field in southern Iraq by Russia's Sayunefte company. The second covers exploration and development of a concession in Iraq's western desert by Russia's Stroyangaz. The third provides for future plans and projects to be implemented by Russian companies in Iraq. One oil industry source described the deal as; Iraq holding out a what could turn into a $40 billion carrot for Russian oil exploration in Iraq's western desert.

What an amazing coincidence; Russia starts praising Iraqi compliance and criticizing any potential U.S. military action and the next day Iraq reverses its cancellation of the Lukoil contract and awards Russian firms additional contracts that could be worth up to $40 billion.

Critics of possible U.S. military action against Iraq say its all about oil. They are partially right; they just got the "U.S. part" wrong. Its about Moscow and Paris wanting to protect their oil interests in Iraq. Its about billions of dollars for Russia and France as long as they look the other way while Saddam Hussein develops weapons of mass destruction, supports terrorism, and continues to be a destabilizing force in the Middle East.

This past week, French President Jacques Chirac delivered a blunt warning against any unilateral action against Iraq. Chirac listed the reasons for not attacking Iraq as, the human cost, economic consequences, and the actual price tag to wage a military operation. Its hard not to notice that two of the three reasons on Chirac's list involve money.

Americans waiting for the United Nations to do the "right thing" might be waiting for a long time. Lets just hope we don't have to wait until the U.N. finds the "smoking gun" in the form of a mushroom cloud over Manhattan.

And yes, I will admit that the last paragraph is a little over the top. But only a little. Every time another nation/faction gains nuclear weapons, the likelihood of them being used for the first time in over half a century increases.

antonella
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:32 AM
I don't think Americans really hate the French, what they have is contempt for them and I think a sense of betrayal. Knee jerk dislike of the French is an almost universal attitude of middle-class Americans, to say something anti-French has always been popular and will always garnish a smile under almost any circumstances. The French are seen as haughty, insolent, snooty and ungrateful. People are beginning to see it as an enemy country like Iran or Cuba, I'm sorry to say.

One thing about Americans is that they personalize their dislikes and have long long memories. Anti-Americans usually distinguish between the people (who they generally like) and the U.S. Government (which they hate). Americans make NO distinction between a government and the people as they tend to see a particular government as the embodied will of it's people. They WILL make a distinction between a people and an individual however, so as they generally dislike the French, individually they will probably like most French people they happen to either know or come across.

I happen to like the French, BTW, so this doesn't apply to me :)

gentenaire
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:03 AM
disposable, interesting article, but the Americans shouldn't be condemning the French for it because their reason for going to war is exactly the same as France's reason for not going to war.

nasty nick#2
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:26 PM
I read a article about it today on my way to Uni, they say that Chirac is against it just cause he had some deal with iraq including oil, he also has been helping them before in the past. The fact that many north africans (muslims) lives in france is also a reason ofcourse, chirac is afraid to lose voters. He simply think's he can act like the strong european man, however if the war will take place and USA will win, he'll be on there side once again licking George Bush ass.

kj-
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:55 PM
No War! :D I love peace! :hearts:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Well, in Canada we Anglo Canadians have a love/hate relationship with the French Canadians that is a little complex to go into here, but, basically, I see the French protecting their economic self interests as much as the Americans. The French have traded with Iraq for years! My argument is with France blocking NATO efforts to go to the defense of Turkey.

RayDay
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by rena_alex_venus
i wish Britain would take a leaf outta France/Belgium etcs book

damn Blair.....Bush's fucking lapdog!!

That can also be said for Australia's "Prime Minister":mad:

Don't hate the French:)

Nicoleke
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I' ve read too the think about the fact that french governmenthave got a " deal " with Irak about petrol etc .....

I personally don' t like Jacques Chirac and his government. But, I really think that war isn' t a fate.

Don' t do war, I like peace :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

:kiss: @ Seles lol ;) !!!!!