PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis about Kim

KaseyL
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Don't think this was posted here?

Source: AFP, Feb 7, 2003

Hingis says no-one can currently match the Williams sisters Venus and Serena.

"The only one is Kim Clijsters. She has the strength and the talent," she said when asked what she felt when Serena Williams won her fourth successive Grand Slam tournament at Melbourne last month.

"But Serena is the best player in the world at the moment, there's no question about it."

Feb 11th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Martina confirms what we all knew anyway :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:43 PM
lol!

:sad: Marti

Kimmy1023
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Marti always has a pretty relation with Kim.
They are friends both on and off court.

Aussie_Kim
Jun 27th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Just shows how wrong even tennis players can be. I think that Justine, Amelie & especially Kim are equal to Serena. They have all shown that they can beat Serena & Venus isnt playing her best at the moment either.

jenglisbe
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:12 PM
I don't know about equal to Serena - none of those players have won multiple majors (let alone all 4 in a row) and none have dominated as Serena has shown she can do.

There is no doubt those ladies can challenge Serena in singular matches, but it remains to be seen whether they can threaten at every major.

player2
Jun 27th, 2003, 07:54 PM
[Justine, Amelie & especially Kim are equal to Serena. They have all shown that they can beat Serena & Venus isnt playing her best at the moment either.[/QUOTE]
No. Serena has been in a class of her own. Perhaps the players
you mentioned have the potential to beat Serena. However, at this point, Serena has been a very dominant player. Right now
there is Serena and there is the rest of the world.

Majo
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:01 PM
totally off topic (:topic: ;)) , but I want to see martina play again!!! :sad: