PDA

View Full Version : Future Hockey Hall Of Famers-what jersey?

disposablehero
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Which jersey should they go in with, and which will they choose, if its up to them?

Mark Messier- Edmonton or NYR? Won't be Vancouver.

Brett Hull- St Louis, Dallas, or Detroit? Won't be Calgary.

Chris Chelios- Chicago, Montreal, or Detroit? He's probably played somewhere else, but it will be one of these.

Any others with a few feasible options?

nasty nick#2
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:10 AM
I think they all are gonna chose the first team they played for.

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:11 AM
I agree with nick, except for Messier, I think he's gonna go as a ranger.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Well seeing as he played more than half of his career there, I would think that Roy will go in under Montreal. But when he's done, depending on how much longer he plays, it will be half Montreal and half Colorado.

He's won cups with both, but his best years statistically have actually been in Colorado.

So it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to go with either - would it?

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Apologies - you said a "few" not a "couple". Ignore the Roy comments in that case.

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:28 AM
No it wouldn't becca. I personally think he's going in as an av though.

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:29 AM
who cares becca lol

I was wondering when you were gonna show up here :)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Hull spent a combined 5 years in Dallas and Detroit. imo, he should go down in a St Louis Jersey for that reason. His best seasons in terms of points occured in St Louis.

That said, seeing as he won a cup in both Detroit and Dallas though, so maybe he'll pick one of them.

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Brett scored his 700th tonight

congrats to him :bounce:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Messier started playing in the NHL before I was born. Good lord he's ancient. Regardless..

In my totally objective opinion, the Rangers blow. Furthermore, he spent the first half of his career in Edmonton, he won 5 Stanley Cups there, and stastically he had his best years there.

It would be totally wrong for him to retire as a Ranger.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah, it also doesn't hurt that Messier was born in Edmonton :p

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM
You know who I was thinking of becca? Ron Francis, I wonder what team he's gonna pick.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Chelios is a tough call, but I say it's between Detroit and Montreal. Those are where his most significant achievements have occured: Stanley Cup, first Norris Trophy win, etc.

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:58 AM
What am I thinking, Ron is obviously gonna pick Pitt, duh *hits self on head*

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Well Joe, my little visit to nhl.com tells me that Francis should go down as a Penguin...but maybe he'll go down as a Whaler ;) Althought Whalers=Hurricanes, he won't go down as a Cane ;)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Yes, you see, you answered your own question. :p

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Why don't you ever talk to me on msn? :( my little canadien hockey freak :kiss:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:03 AM
I'm hardly on MSN because I don't like MSN.

King Satan
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Stop lying, you sign on and put your away message on :(

disposablehero
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:46 PM
No Rebecca, Roy was a perfect example.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Roy is actually more of a toss up than the other guys. I think that he should go in as a Canadien since that was his first team, and he was born in that province anyhow.

But what do you think he'll do?

disposablehero
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:55 AM
I think Roy will go in as an Av. Unless the whole "pissed off" thing was a farce to get him off a team with no money, and I don't think it was. I think he snapped and found a permanent resentment toward the Habs organization.

Steam
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Since the regime that was in charge when Roy did his little waddle on the bench is long gone, Roy will definitely represent the Canadians. If he doesn't, he will never be able to show his face in Canada again.

If Messier goes in as a Ranger it would be the ultimate sell-out. Sure, he got the majority of his exposure there thanks to them winning the Cup in 1994 (btw, 2048 is a long way away, Ranger fans ;) ) but no doubt he will want to be remembered most as a part of those great Oilers teams of the 1980s. Plus, I assume he will want to distance himself as much from the current fracus in Rangerland as possible. Hey Sather, you idiot, you need DEFENSE!

Hull will go in as a Blue just due to the fact that that was when he was the dominant player.

Personally, I associate Chelios the most with Chicago. It is either that or Montreal and I would wager a guess on Chicago.

Dave Andreychuk will probably go in as a Sabre.

I'm patiently awaiting the first player to go in as a Devil. I would say that Scotty Stevens is the best chance until Marty.