PDA

View Full Version : Who will become or regain #1 first? ;)

Rtael
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:39 AM
lalalalalalalala

vote for moi! my first poll, hopefully frist of many!

Venus Forever
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Venus definitely has the best chance, considering her game and the fact that she is the closest to Serena.

Rtael
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:08 AM
well I also think venus has the best chance to be the first to replace her, but I had to vote for henin cause she is my gal!

rfs1999
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Go Monica!

*JR*
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:29 AM
I honestly think it will be the Russian who emerges from: the 2 Vera's, the 2 Maria's, Bovina, Safina, Kuznetsova, Petrova or Krasnoroutskaya. Probably not B4 '05, though, when I see Venus being retired and Serena has "the world on her shoulders". Kim and (less likely) Juju could make short "visits to the summit", but I doubt will stay for any long stretch. So could Momo if she can stay healthy, Jeca if Gunthardt is really that great, and Dani, but the latter 2 throw in "clunkers" alot. Eleni is a wildcard who has the talent, and Punch would be my "real longshot" bet.

Rtael
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Lol, maybe a few of those russians have a chance, btu the majority will not become top 5 (maybe top 10) player sin my opinion...(simply because there are to mnay of them?) and yes I think Justine's stint at #1 may be a short one...maybe sometime during clay/grass season?

GO HENIN!

tenn_ace
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:54 AM
my vote is Amelie... she was impressive in the first half of the set against Serena...

Sharapower
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by tenn_ace
my vote is Amelie... she was impressive in the first half of the set against Serena... That's why I wouldn't vote for her : a half-set is far from enough...
And Amelie's main problem is keeping healthy, she's able to have great wins even in GS but she can't hold it a whole season.

QUEENLINDSAY
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:48 AM
LINDSAY DAVENPORT!!!!!!