PDA

View Full Version : Mary Carillo on NBC!!!!!

tennisIlove09
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:55 AM
OMG!! Mary joins NBC!!!

:bounce: :bounce:

From CNNSI's mailbag:

So what's the real deal with Chris Evert's exit from broadcasting? The classic "I want to spend more time with my family" line is always used when execs are canned.
óLeslie Aguilar, Newark, N.J.

You'll notice that the day after the "Chrissy retires from broadcasting" story, there was a smaller item announcing that Mary Carillo is joining NBC's tennis coverage. Coincidence? Draw your own conclusions.

CJ07
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:07 AM
yipee :o

aisha
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Her constipated ass can go to hell for all I care. Book it!

LeonHart
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:13 AM
yesss...i get to hear that manly voice on NBC now :o

aisha
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:18 AM
I'm not too fond of her now. She really ticked me off during the AO. :( :fiery: Granted, she's better than Chrissy (hell a stick of chewed gum is) but still :mad:

CJ07
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:23 AM
i think they should put MJF or Pam Shriver in or heck even Tracy Austin. ANYBODY but Mary Carillo

And i liked Chrissie! Granted I've only heard her comment Monicas matches when she's full of "Monica was the first to do X" and a couple of other ones, but she hasnt been that bad

Leena
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Mary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chrissie.

Mary is just about the only women's announcer who isn't completely terrible... so good choice.

LeonHart
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Mary at the Aussie open pissed me off too! She just assumes too much.

MJF + Pam >>>>>>>>>>Mary

CJ07
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Heres the perfect team

Johnny Mac, MJF, Pam Shriver

Also they should let players commentate, itd be great!

Leena
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:03 AM
I don't mind Pam... but MJ has such a dull voice, and rarely says anything of note.

LeonHart
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:21 AM
MJ is boring without Pam, but Pam can partner with anyone and still be hilarious.

Hawk
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:27 AM
hehe cool :D I like Mary I think she's the most entertaining commentator and I actually liked her with Pam at the Aus Open :o..don't shoot!

Venus Forever
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Love that Mary!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

selesfan
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Woo Hoo! Go Mary!:bounce: :bounce:

lizchris
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:45 AM
That's great news, but I wonder if she will still work at CBS and report on the US Open?

SerenaSlam
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:56 AM
actually Mary Carillo is a real actual sports analyst. She does more reasarching and everything. she isn't just about tennis. if you every watch Real Sports w/ Bryant Gumble, you will see that Mary Carillo is a regular on there, and talking w/ serveral athelets in different sports, and at the end, Mary sums it all up. And she knows quite a lot about sports. But tennis she focuses on more, but she knows a hella lot. I like her more than anyone else. For one she tells it like it is. 2 she doesn't over talk!

Havok
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Mary freakin ROCKS man. she's so awesome with her smart-alecky one liners. she's too hilarious. and it is true, she knows way more about the players than anybody else. she not only talks about the match right before her eyes, but she know their past history and all that. now about MJ and Pam, i would favour Pam because MJ is just like " wow, oh my god, i'm so boring, blah blah blah.........." she has no spunk and electricity in her.

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:41 AM
I love Mary. I'm so glad that she'll be covering The Championships. Mary cracks me up, and her voice is rahther sexy to me.

Richie77
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:35 AM
This is great news! Mary rocks. She tells it like it is...her and McEnroe together make for great TV. :)

SerenaSlam
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:02 AM
yes, i am so sick of Evert at the Championships. I didn't mind her during some of the semifinals or what not. but when it came time for the womens final, she was just telling, and there is another error by venus, oh that was a great point...then she would go all of to the extent of, man i remeber last year, when me and my kids went to the bahamas we had so much fun....lol...but to me this is how evert really is. tennis commentator never was in her, i mean you can be a great past tennis champion, but somepeople that doesn't run in there blood. and now i am extremely happy, cuz i also won't have to worry about hearing her get all the players names wrong on the tour! i mean just totally give them a different name, not mess the pronouciation up, but just give them a whole new name. Tell it like it is Mary C!

disposablehero
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Mary Carillo is a huge improvement over Evert. I'd like to hear Hingis commentate, though. That would be interesting.

BigTennisFan
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:36 AM
didn't Mary say something about Ruano Pascual during the doubles finals? I think it was something like, "that's the little miss prissy who was doing all the complaining."

They were talking about the controversy of Venus and Serena being seeded #1 at the AO.

Is that what Mary said? Does anyone know the exact quote?