PDA

View Full Version : Belgian top players press conference Feb 11

KaseyL
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:11 PM
To all Belgian fans: Kim, Xavier (!) and Justine will be doing a press conference in Antwerp tomorrow (according to La Deux).

So I guess it's worth keeping a close eye/ear to the news on radio and TV tomorrow! And I suppose we'll have more than enough articles coming up in the newspapers too!

Feb 11th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Thanks Ingrid

keta
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:20 AM
:kiss: Thankz Ingrid!! Hope you get better soon! :kiss: :)

KaseyL
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:41 PM
In brief, something that was said during the press conference this morning:

- Kim said she was getting a bit homesick after being in Australia for three months. She is especially eager to play in Antwerp for the home crowd because she couldn't play here last year.

- Justine presented her own new website. She told that she wanted to sort of disturb the ranking of the other four players ranked above her.

- Xavier mentioned his health problems (heart): said that he was OK now.

For the people who can't watch Belgian TV, one of the Flemish channels will put their 1 o'clock news online in about two hours:
check out
http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
select "Dinsdag 11/2, 13 u" (and click the kind of internet connection you have) and be very patient ;) 'til towards the end where you'll see a highlight from the press conference, showing both Kim, Justine and Xavier talking to the media, or scroll towards the end, if you can.

You'll enjoy it! (Kim looks in great shape, relaxed) ! the part of the press conference that will be online will be in Dutch.

KaseyL
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by keta
:kiss: Thankz Ingrid!! Hope you get better soon! :kiss: :)

am Ok again, thanks

KaseyL
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Quotes from Kim:

(source: Jos Segaert, Feb. 11, 2003, translation Ingrid)

Kim: "I am over the loss against Serena Williams in the Australian open by now. It was very close, and I feel that the gap with the two sisters becomes smaller. That's enough for me. For the rest I try not to focus too much on rankings and I try to enjoy every match. My ambition in Antwerp is huge. I play for the home crowd and I will try to make something fine of it."

"Australia is fun, but after three months I do long for home. Being back in a familiar environment for a while, to meet people who are dear to me, that's important. That's why I like it that the Fed Cup tie Belgium-Austria has Bree as venue. It is an unique chance for all tennis fans in the neighbourhood to see us at work."

Hawk
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Cool! :) Thanks for the link...I have no idea what was being said but it was fun to watch :D You're right it's much better to scroll towards the end..cause Kim and co. don't come up till 20 minutes in.

kit
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Thanks Ingrid!!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

Bigkimfan
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!:kiss:

shakya
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:43 PM
der was ne gsm die afging ze zei daar iest op ma kebbet ni verstaan weeter iemand wat z egezegt eeft????

angele87
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the reports :D :kiss:

possie
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Hey, that was soooo cool to see the news interview with Kim. I love hearing her speak in Dutch! I have absolutely no idea what she said.....I wish I could speak Dutch......but it was still great! :) :) :)

KaseyL
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by possie
Hey, that was soooo cool to see the news interview with Kim. I love hearing her speak in Dutch! I have absolutely no idea what she said.....I wish I could speak Dutch......but it was still great! :) :) :)

You're welcome!

keta
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:40 AM
:D :D :D I just listned to the Interview and understood hardly anyof it but in a way kidna of abit! :o YOu could tell when kim spoke!! :D THankz for the link Ingrid! :)

KaseyL
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:42 AM
You're welcome, kets!

Ashie_87
Feb 25th, 2003, 06:35 AM
:wavey: okies maybe i'm just extremely thick, but i can't find the press conference. Probably partly coz i have no understanding of dutch...hmm pls help me!!!!:rolleyes:

per4ever
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:45 AM
I'm afraid it's already removed from the vtm-site :)