PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson is trying to cover his azz!

apoet29
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Jackson to Release Video of Journalist
Mon Feb 10, 7:51 AM ET

By MICHAEL McDONOUGH, Associated Press Writer

LONDON - Michael Jackson is set to release a video of the journalist who made a controversial TV documentary about the King of Pop, showing the reporter praising Jackson's skills as a parent.

Jackson last week said he felt "more betrayed than perhaps ever before" by journalist Martin Bashir, who expressed concern about Jackson's treatment of his three children in voice-overs in the documentary. The film showed Jackson dangling his infant son over the fourth-floor balcony of a hotel in Berlin, Germany.

The 90-minute program also caused controversy because Jackson said he sometimes lets children sleep in his bed.

A statement released in London on Jackson's behalf late Sunday by Bell Yard Communications said Bashir was filmed during the making of the documentary.

"The film shows extraordinary scenes of Martin Bashir praising the way Michael treats children and commenting on how good a father he is," the statement said.

What do you guys think? Was Bashir trying to sensationalize Jackson's bizarre behavior to make a journalistic reputation for himself? Or by releasing this tape, is Michael simply trying to exert some damage control over an already terrible situation?

My vote? Damage control.

"In his film, Bashir says that it was in Berlin that he began to change his mind about Michael's treatment of his children. Yet, the Jackson footage clearly shows that Bashir was actually continuing to praise Michael's abilities as a father and Bashir making many statements about how he feels it is a pity that the world is so quick to criticize Michael," the statement said.

Jackson's British-based lawyer said Sunday the video, no more than five minutes long, would be released within 24 hours, Britain's Press Association reported.

In the statement, Jackson again denied that he molested a boy who had stayed at his home in 1993. No charges were filed at the time and Jackson reached a financial settlement with the boy's family.

"I have never, and would never, harm a child. It sickens me that people have written things that portray me as a child abuser," Jackson was quoted as saying.

The statement added that Jackson chose to pay a "considerable" settlement to the boy's family "to avoid being subjected to a media circus."

In the Bashir documentary, Jackson said he had slept in a bed with "many children," including actor Macaulay Culkin and his brother, Kieran.

"When you say `bed,' you're thinking sexual," the singer said. "It's not sexual, we're going to sleep. I tuck them in. ... It's very charming, it's very sweet."

What do you guys think? Is Bashir using the media to highlight Jackson's bizarre behavior to make his journalistic reputation? Or by releasing this tape, is Michael simply trying to exert some damage control?

My vote? Damage control.

Monica_Rules
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:37 PM
:rolleyes: I didn't see the film myself but from what friends have told me they were quite freaked out by what he did!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Michael Jackson is a FREAK! Michael Jackson is a FREAK!

Consistency
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:48 PM
It's possible that in some aspects of child rearing, Jackson's a good father.
He seems to love his children, but Michael seems unaware that the way his kids are being brought up can be emotionally damaging.

Also, this interviewer was already known for his interview with Princess Diana, he didn't need to make a name for himself. This is definitely damage control.

Keith
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Michael THINKS that HE is a 12 year old. He truly needs help, but I dont consider him a danger to kids, mostly to himself

Nicoleke
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:06 PM
I do agree Keith ;) !!!!!

Rae Q.
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:18 PM
He's a total mess. I so wish he still looked like this...

http://cache.corbis.com/THUMBS/TDIR1176/X00248_9.JPG

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:24 PM
I pledge allegiance to the flag
Micheal Jackson is a fag
Pepsi Cola burnt him up
Now he is drinking Seven Up...:D

irma
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:33 PM
the man made the quotes himself and now he is complaining

I felt for him even defended him

he is a loser. stay for what you have said period :(

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:34 PM
He's a complete *freak* if there ever was one.

Originally posted by TopShotta
I pledge allegiance to the flag
Micheal Jackson is a fag
Pepsi Cola burnt him up
Now he is drinking Seven Up...:D

A the *irony*. A self-proclaimed *homosexual* calling Michael Jackson a *fag*. :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM
I am not a fag, I might be gay, bi, whatever but never a fag. Pedophiles, freak sick in the head (geez, you have something in common with Mike LSG) gay men are fags. Decent, self respecting gay men are not fags. Learn to how to pick your fights you self hating mad woman. I will crush you like a f'ing bugg every time. BTW, are you some kind of a fag hagg (well you think I am fag)?????? You keep stalking me...:confused:

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Keith
Michael THINKS that HE is a 12 year old. He truly needs help, but I dont consider him a danger to kids, mostly to himself

From what is known at this stage, I think Keith is right.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: @apoet (but you owe me an email, girl).

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:34 AM
Your constant refrence to my "sexuallity" suggest to me that you think I have something to be ashamed of. No way lady...I got pass that several years ago, thanks to a very handsom ex-navy man from the "Big Easy"...:D For a woman persuing a career in dance, you might want to take a good look at you negative feelings for homosexuals...:rolleyes:

Jeeze, this chick is in for two major wake up calls...:rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Damage Control. Also Jermaine Jackson need to shut the hell up and stop trying to cover up MJ sickness. I saw him on Lary King, then recently on another talk show, and he looked a fool.

Dawn Marie
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:04 AM
In fact I think the entire family needs to stop kissing JOE JACKSON's ass and tell the whole story. MJ mom is stupid. The family is sick. In a way I feel sad for Michael because I believe he suffered a huge amount of abuse as a child. Only one who got a little sense is Rebbie but she is a lawyer as refuses to tell the truth so heck she crazy too.

These are my opinions, and even though The Jackson family is famous and I grew up with them and enjoyed their music and fame, a part of me thinks they are sick and dysfuctional and weak for not kicking their Dad to the curb.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:03 PM
NBC has a new special out on Monday night...Can there be anything new???????? With this sicko you never know...:rolleyes:

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:55 AM
I am not a fag, I might be gay, bi, whatever but never a fag. Pedophiles, freak sick in the head (geez, you have something in common with Mike LSG) gay men are fags. Decent, self respecting gay men are not fags. Learn to how to pick your fights you self hating mad woman. I will crush you like a f'ing bugg every time. BTW, are you some kind of a fag hagg (well you think I am fag)?????? You keep stalking me...:confused:

So you're gay but *detest* fags. So if "bad" gay people are fags are "bad" black people in *your* opinion ******s?

Oh you can *spare me* your *inane* attempts at reprimanding me. I can see *clearly* your alleged suburban upbringing was a *waste* because none of your coments *ever* carry any validity or have any breadth *which is why* you run to your sorority sisters on the board for solace. :rolleyes:

I have *no* negative feelings towards homosexuals. I just *can't* tolerate ghetto trash trying to assume an "enlightened" personality.

harloo
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:02 AM
The interviewer was pure trash. He was just classless.

Micheal Jackson was wacko, pshycotic, and stupid for doing an interview with someone like this. What Micheal should do is let this go, because if he continues trying to discredit this jerk he will look even more crazy. Sorry, but Micheal should be commited to a hospital. He is insane for letting an interview like this.

Jacko is truly Wacko!

Iconoclast
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Here's the declaration from the 13-year-old with whom Michael settled.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

Even if the sex parts are made up to score some quick cash in an extortion-like scheme, there are still some very disturbing details about his curious interest in young boys.

This document prompted Jackson to issue a condemning statement yesterday about confidentiality being broken.

kournikovafan13
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Light-skinned Girl
So you're gay but *detest* fags. So if "bad" gay people are fags are "bad" black people in *your* opinion ******s?

Oh you can *spare me* your *inane* attempts at reprimanding me. I can see *clearly* your alleged suburban upbringing was a *waste* because none of your coments *ever* carry any validity or have any breadth *which is why* you run to your sorority sisters on the board for solace. :rolleyes:

I have *no* negative feelings towards homosexuals. I just *can't* tolerate ghetto trash trying to assume an "enlightened" personality.

lol, what is up with the **'s? :rolleyes: Its rather annoying

tennischick
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:10 AM
wow...:eek: :eek: :eek:

i don't know which is more eye-popping. Wacko Jacko the Skank or this feud between TopShotta the Gay Blade and LSG aka Not His Sorority Sista!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:48 AM

You want to see ghetto trash??????????? Go home and look at your family.

For the record, I dont go around calling ANYONE a ******!!!!!! You must realize "SISTAH" that it is not ok when you are called that by your white only friends, they are dissing you sweety. It is not for you to laugh...:rolleyes: You seem very much into my "surburban" upbringing since you bring it up in every post. What's the matter, thats what you wanted when you were a kid????? Running barefoot and poor in Trinidad could not have been that bad for you :sad:...Hang in there "SISTAH" I am sure help is on the way...:angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:50 AM
And stop stalking me you crazy ^(&^(&9...:o

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:51 AM
BTW, I dont screw internet chicks...so you are after the wrong dick...:o

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Michael Jackson's ego is bad enuff that he doesn't even have to cover up for what he said. So he shouldnt bother....

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Iconoclast
Here's the declaration from the 13-year-old with whom Michael settled.
[

As I pointed out on another thread, this document was never tested in court, so it is useless.

Icono, you're a great poster, but you should know better than to refer to, or distribute, a document like this that contains untested allegations in a settled case. What were you thinking? This is more something that I'd expect from Car Key Boi. Actually, Car Key Boy has already done it. :rolleyes:

tennischick
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:11 AM
...Running barefoot and poor in Trinidad could not have been that bad for you :sad:..

hey, say what you want to or about LSG. she gets no sympathy from me. but don't be knocking Trinidad. i detest these kinds of stereotypes about life in the Caribbean. :fiery: :fiery: i expected better from you as a Caribbean Boi yourself. what gives?? :fiery:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM
It's got nothing to do with Trinidad but everything to do with they way LSG grew up...:wavey:

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Do u have to write the word DEFENSIVE all over your face? :o

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:05 AM
You want to see ghetto trash??????????? Go home and look at your family.

For the record, I dont go around calling ANYONE a ******!!!!!! You must realize "SISTAH" that it is not ok when you are called that by your white only friends, they are dissing you sweety. It is not for you to laugh...:rolleyes: You seem very much into my "surburban" upbringing since you bring it up in every post. What's the matter, thats what you wanted when you were a kid????? Running barefoot and poor in Trinidad could not have been that bad for you :sad:...Hang in there "SISTAH" I am sure help is on the way...:angel:

Topshotta this *exactly* what I mean by *ghetto*!
I being up your *alleged* suburban roots *because*
Topshotta you love to say how you're so *poised* and *upwardly mobile* BUT DO YOU REALLY EVER SHOW ANY CLASS ON THIS BOARD? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You want to come across like you possess Brian Stewart's eloquence but you *DON'T*. Freethinker?
HA! Your username should be Co-Dependent!

Oh for your information calling gays fags is THE SAME as calling blacks ******s so STOP DENIGRATING YOUR OWN SEXUAL PERSUASION IDIOT!

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Oh, forget it...You are just too easy. It's like trying to beat a one legged man in a foot race..:rolleyes:

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:24 AM
that document on smoking gun is the silliest thing I have read in a long time. I think it's BS. And if it was true, the boy's family pimped him by accepting money. If this happened to me of someone I cared about I would not accept money, I would go to court even if we ended up with nothing.

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:34 AM

calling gays fags is THE SAME as calling blacks ******s so

I disagree. Gay people were not hung up in trees and had their necks broken and their backs whipped with huge long belts and forced to pick cotton all day and were in slavery and stolen from the home country and raped and murdered and seprated from their families and made to drink water and eat and sleep in different areas, etc, etc, etc,.......

I really dont think gay people have been discriminated as much as Black people have. Also gay people can hide being gay if they choose to do so. You cant really hide being Black. What I mean is that if you are Black I think you are more of a target for discrimination. This is just my opinion.

This stuff about Michael Jackson is very disturbing how people always rush to say negative things about him. It is really silly when there is no proof of anything. Anybody can lie and a lot of people do to get money. Most lawsuits end in settlements. It is less costly and quicker than a trial.

Also I think a lot of people had a problem with Michael Jackson being a role model and tried to discredit him.

Why did people dig so deep into Vanessa Williams's past??

Is it because she was the first Black Ms. America????

Good for her she is the only Ms. America who ever amounted to anything and she won't have anything to so with them.

Also I think calling somebody ghetto trash is unnecassary.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:47 PM
LSG is an idiot Anton...:wavey:

spokenword73
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by anton
I disagree. Gay people were not hung up in trees and had their necks broken and their backs whipped with huge long belts and forced to pick cotton all day and were in slavery and stolen from the home country and raped and murdered and seprated from their families and made to drink water and eat and sleep in different areas, etc, etc, etc,.......

I really dont think gay people have been discriminated as much as Black people have. Also gay people can hide being gay if they choose to do so. You cant really hide being Black. What I mean is that if you are Black I think you are more of a target for discrimination. This is just my opinion.

This stuff about Michael Jackson is very disturbing how people always rush to say negative things about him. It is really silly when there is no proof of anything. Anybody can lie and a lot of people do to get money. Most lawsuits end in settlements. It is less costly and quicker than a trial.

Also I think a lot of people had a problem with Michael Jackson being a role model and tried to discredit him.

Why did people dig so deep into Vanessa Williams's past??

Is it because she was the first Black Ms. America????

Good for her she is the only Ms. America who ever amounted to anything and she won't have anything to so with them.

Also I think calling somebody ghetto trash is unnecassary.

I agree!! Slurs of any kind are unacceptable, but the discrimination and bigotry black people have experienced(and still are going through) is completely unlike anything experienced by any other minority. Also, the hatred and criticism aimed at MJ is kinda scary...usually when someone hates another so fiercely it's because there is something in THEMSELVES that they loathe

:o

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Fox to air Jackson version of ABC special
Wednesday, February 12, 2003 Posted: 8:11 AM EST (1311 GMT)

Michael Jackson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELATED

• Gallery: Michael Jackson through the years
• Gallery: Michael Jackson urban legends
• Interactive: The Jackson file
• Jackson a frequent late-night target
• Jackson 'devastated' by reaction to UK airing of doc
• Michael Jackson's statement
• Insight into 'disturbing' Michael Jackson
• EW.com: All about Michael Jackson

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Michael Jackson media wars continue, with Fox agreeing to air outtakes the singer selected from his controversial interview with a British journalist.

A two-hour special, tentatively titled "Michael Jackson, Take Two: The Interview They Wouldn't Show You," is scheduled to air February 20.

The Jackson spectacle is fodder for hungry television networks, particularly in a hotly contested ratings sweeps month. ABC's airing of Jackson's interview with Martin Bashir was last week's most popular show, seen by 27.1 million people.

Angered by how Bashir portrayed him -- as an odd man-child who says he sometimes innocently lets children sleep in his own bed -- Jackson came forward with videotape taken during the Bashir interview by his own production company.

Jackson's British publicist said over the weekend that the footage "clearly shows that Bashir was actually continuing to praise Michael's abilities as a father and Bashir making many statements about how he feels it is a pity that the world is so quick to criticize Michael."

Fox spokesman Scott Grogin said he didn't know how much the network paid Jackson for the video. ABC reportedly paid a British television company nearly $5 million to show the Bashir interview.

Fox's special does not feature any new interview with Jackson, Grogin said.

A Jackson spokesman, Stuart Backerman, said Fox was selected because it was he network "that packaged it with the best sensitivity to Michael Jackson." There were several who were interested, including the other top three broadcast networks, he said.

He would not comment on whether there was a payment to Jackson.

The footage also includes an extensive interview with Debby Rowe, Jackson's former wife, he said.

Jackson was reportedly ready to give an interview to CBS "60 Minutes" correspondent Ed Bradley over the weekend. But the singer got cold feet, and Bradley left Jackson's Neverland ranch in California empty-handed.

Meanwhile, the VH1 cable network is rerunning the ABC version of the Bashir interview three times this weekend.

NBC is also moving ahead with a sweeps-month special examining plastic surgery allegedly performed on Jackson's face. ABC's "Primetime Thursday" looked at the same subject on Thursday, and it was the week's third most-popular show in the ratings.

A Jackson representative did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

Barrie_Dude
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:32 PM
I still say Michael is a freak

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
I still say Michael is a freak

and what do you base this on? If everybody in the world was alike, then it would be pretty boring dont you think?

Also I think he is trying to help people. Just becuase he is not screwing every ho in sight that is his business.

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Anton I really thank you for *illustrating* your point but I still disagree. *Why* do we have to compare what minority group was oppressed and discriminated against *more*? Topshotta is such a bigot for saying that about fags but if you want compare bigotry would you say the Holocaust was "mild" *in contrast* to slavery? I think *not*.

Thanks again Anton. You expressed yourself *well* something that Topshotta is *incapable* of doing unless he acts *ghetto*. :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:05 PM
LSG, It would be interesting coming from ANY other member of this board and might be worth the time getting into a discussion but from you it is just one big laugh...how ironic your recent comments in this thread are...I am "REALLY LAUGHING AT YOU... YOU REALLY NEED HELP...:rolleyes:

You know, the more you post and stalk me the more I think that you are just some silly little white kid playing a joke. YOU CANT BE FOR REAL...:rolleyes:

G-Ha
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Why do we even need to compare and contrast which group has suffered more? It's clear both groups have suffered. Homosexuals have been persecuted on and off throughout history. They may not have come to the US on slave ships, but they were rounded up right along with the Jews by the Nazis, and as a group, were some of the first to burn in Hitler's ovens. So please, don't marginalize other groups' experiences.

Not to mention, last time I checked, blacks and other minorities are able to marry in the United States. I could go on and on with other examples, but suffice it to say, both blacks and homosexuals have experienced discrimination and continue to experience it to this day.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:17 PM
The DUMB CHICK MADE THE COMPARISON...:rolleyes:

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Topshotta just go to your sorority sisters for comfort. You can *never* think for yourself. The difference between you and me is that I'm an individual *before* I'm black and you and your sorority sisters *resent* me for it. Not my problem!!

anton
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:23 PM
at least people are not picking on Michael Jackson at the moment on this thread.

FREE MICHAEL!!

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Exactly G-Ha that's what I was saying to anton! Many minority gorups are being *oppressed* daily not just blacks.

The DUMB CHICK MADE THE COMPARISON...:rolleyes:

Oh go *learn* to conjugate your verbs Malik!

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Topshotta just go to your sorority sisters for comfort. You can *never* think for yourself. The difference between you and me is that I'm an individual *before* I'm black and you and your sorority sisters *resent* me for it. Not my problem!!

:confused:

What's this sorority sisters thing you keep talking about???????????? You really do have a complex...Geesh, you should stop posting...the more you post the more disturbed you seem to be....:sad:

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Malik I have go meet with an advisor so look for one of your many sorority sisters from the messageboard to keep you company. :wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Malik????????????????????????????????

OMG, this chick is crazy....ROTFLMFAO....:D

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Malik I have go meet with an advisor so look for one of your many sorority sisters from the messageboard to keep you company. :wavey:

OK then, go meet your therapist...Have a good session you poor thing...:wavey:

spokenword73
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by G-Ha
Why do we even need to compare and contrast which group has suffered more? It's clear both groups have suffered. Homosexuals have been persecuted on and off throughout history. They may not have come to the US on slave ships, but they were rounded up right along with the Jews by the Nazis, and as a group, were some of the first to burn in Hitler's ovens. So please, don't marginalize other groups' experiences.

Not to mention, last time I checked, blacks and other minorities are able to marry in the United States. I could go on and on with other examples, but suffice it to say, both blacks and homosexuals have experienced discrimination and continue to experience it to this day.

black people were not just brought to the US on slave ships, but bought and sold all over the world. Four hundred years plus of bondage, brutality and discrimination...there is NO comparison

G-Ha
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Here we go again! Suffering is suffering, and I'm not going to value one group's plight over another's when it's clear both have been subjected to hideous treatment throughout history.

And for your information, black Africans are not the only people that were subjected to slavery and/or discrimination. Jews have been subjected to abuse and mistreatment for thousands of years. They were also held as slaves, and removed from their homeland only to be persecuted and viewed as outsiders in every land in which they settled.

I fail to see what's even gained by labeling one group's pain worse than another's.

Rocketta
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:40 PM
whose Top Shotta's Sorority sisters and can I join?? :wavey:

wtf??

Anton, Michael has earned all the negativity thrown his way, sorry. Anyone who hurts himself like he does (his nose is falling off for god's sake) is crazy. Anyone who would do to his skin what he has done is crazy. Mind you there were no reasons for him to do this other than he's crazy. I don't think anyone is persecuting Michael cause he didn't have to do the interview. He wanted the publicity as long as it was positive. He should've watched the Princess Di interview and knew that the guy would air any negativity he could find. Michael gave him negative stuff so he aired it.

apoet29
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I agree with Rocketta. Michael's behavior is provoking this response not his ethnic background. Any man who still sleeps with children at the age of 44 really does need help. What he is doing is irresponsible and it sends the wrong message to these children about what adult-child relationships should be.

I hear that Michael has a $2 million deal with Fox to show his side of the story. The show is due to air Feb. 20th and include an interview with Debbie Rowe, Michael's ex.

spokenword73
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Here we go again! Suffering is suffering, and I'm not going to value one group's plight over another's when it's clear both have been subjected to hideous treatment throughout history.

And for your information, black Africans are not the only people that were subjected to slavery and/or discrimination. Jews have been subjected to abuse and mistreatment for thousands of years. They were also held as slaves, and removed from their homeland only to be persecuted and viewed as outsiders in every land in which they settled.

I fail to see what's even gained by labeling one group's pain worse than another's.

of course black Africans were not the only people enslaved, but that it doesn't make it any less deplorable. why are you dismissing what black people have been subjected to for generations?

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Of course it doesn't make it any less deplorable...many groups have suffered! That's my point. How in any way was I dismissive of the black plight throughout history?

You were the one that said there's "NO comparison" when it came to the black experience of discrimination, which suggests you were being dismissive of other groups' suffering.

My point is that I'm not going to assign a certain value to one group's experience over another's.

Holmespinlove
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:08 AM
I do not see what all the bitching is all about... i think a friend of mine put it well when they said .... "La meilleure branche l'activité dans la branche l'activité doit s'occuper de vos propres affaires"

let stick with our own for a second huh?

Keith
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:13 AM
at least people are not picking on Michael Jackson at the moment on this thread.

FREE MICHAEL!!

LMAO

Dawn Marie
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Joy you're a smart cookie:)

TOPSHOTTA wake up!! LSG is a fake poster who is trying her best to make YOU look like the bad guy on this board. WAKE UP MAN, and ignore the fake poster. The more she or he post the more you know they are in that little click on here. Now you know she ain't a sista'. Can't you see how people work in here?

Like Spike Lee stated in SCHOOL DAZE... "WAKE UP!" "WAKE UP!".:)

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:37 AM
LOL @ Dawn...I am wide awake sistah...:D

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
Joy you're a smart cookie:)

TOPSHOTTA wake up!! LSG is a fake poster who is trying her best to make YOU look like the bad guy on this board. WAKE UP MAN, and ignore the fake poster. The more she or he post the more you know they are in that little click on here. Now you know she ain't a sista'. Can't you see how people work in here?

Like Spike Lee stated in SCHOOL DAZE... "WAKE UP!" "WAKE UP!".:)

Dawn this is *your* solution to everything! You don't like what a poster has to say so you call them *fake*. :rolleyes: Dawn it's going on 4 summers you've been making these *accusations* about me! Saying that I'm not a "sista" is *precisely* the problem!!! Dawn I *don't* care that I *don't* act the way that I am *supposed to* act in *your* little Black handbook! I thought being biracial you'd know better but apparently you do *NOT*!

Dawn please do *NOT* project *YOUR OWN INSECURITIES* onto me! The board *shouldn't* have to suffer just because you feel inadequate about yourself. Dawn you are a *JOKE* on this board and people know it but *won't* tell you to spare your fragile feelings!

I'm *so* sick of your *dumb* analogies and butchering of the English language. I'm *so* sick of seeing you taunting posters one minute then backpedalling and *kissing their butts* the next! Dawn you *know* you do it and that's why you're such a *FOOL*!!! Dawn do you realize that that you *OFTEN* sound like you're from a *Minstrel* show? You *and* your sorority sister Topshotta are cut from the *same* cloth. You both are just a couple of *buffoonish* black people who pretend to be "cultured". :rolleyes:

I may not agree with Joy and Rocketta *but* I realize they have some intelligence. That *can't* be said of you and your fellow *co-dependent* sorority sister Topshotta.

Dawn *if* you're going to put me in my place at least do it *convincingly*! You always pull out your stupid "she's a fake" battle cry. And *YOU* are the *LAST* person to be alleging someone is FAKE!!!

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by bajangurl
Guys- please don't get into a debate about which suffering is worst--oppression is oppression is oppression- more than blacks & jews were and are discriminated against- so please, i think we all know the nuances of each situation. Anton i know what you were suggesting but really there is no need to have this thread go down that path...although *some* people will insist on it!!

LSG, you are reallly *funny*- your *childish* attempts to pull certain people into your little whatever it is you have with Topshotta...you should remember your own *advice* about *insults* and being *childish*...

Joy I have *never* been confrontational on this board or on the Sanex Board *until now*. I *can* completely see why Rebecca and other posters get angry with idiots like Topshotta. Joy I also know he has *esteem* issues. Can't you see them?! My screen name is just a *nickname*. Topshotta is still aching from having "lived THEIR lives".
:sad:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:27 AM
I dont really care if you find me intelligent or not. I am not posting here to please anyone and to have people like you validate me. YOU on the other hand seems to constantly have your back turned waiting for a pat and on but you wait and you wait...........................................YOU my Light Skinned friend are the one that people laugh at. You are the one that is constantly telling other poster how unitelligent they are as if that makes you feel better about yourself. I will continue to post the best I know how and you will continue to be a truely sick individual. Being that you are the laughing stock of your social circle, you must relish coming to this board to be around your "friends"...Have a nice life LSG...You get no more from me...:wavey:

GET HELP PLEASE...:sad:

LeonHart
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:58 AM
duecediva pls turn on ur PMs so i can PM you ;)

Dawn Marie
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Topshotta I am glad you woke up man.:):)

This chic is like MJ!! lmao

LSG, **HONESTLY**You are sad and I feel for you because I think you will never wake up.

Topshotta, this chic is such a fake. Man she keeps saying she wants to be identified as a human being and not as a color, but the fool uses the username LIGHT SKINNED GIRL? She doesn't even realize that what she claims is a **NICKNAME** is actually an image that is rooted in her family. I bet she not once asked herself why hey gave her that nickname? It is used because of her skintone. She doesn't even realize that.

LSG, you stated that you are an individual before you are black, and people in here resent you for that. WRONGO!! Truth is this:

Many people are individuals and love and cherish the afro-centric culture and you **resent that.** Many people are individuals and love and cherish the european culture. you don't **resent** that. LSG personally I think your the one who cannot relate to the person as an individual. Especially if they are black. You have these preconceived notions about black folks . You show that all the time while you post in here. Personally I say the hell with the skintone and love people for how they treat you.

Just like that girl, who said to you. "What up sista?" You couldn't see her for her individual self. You saw a black girl speaking in a slang manner. You automatically brushed her off because she *APPEARED* different than you. Why did her way of addressing you bother you so? LSG you are such a **fake** and one day I hope you can see finally see the light. You are brainwashed.

Ok, I am done wasting my time and MJ is a wacko!:)

tennischick
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:36 AM
i find it quite amusing that anton and co. are rushing to michael the freak's defence on the grounds that he is a black guy being discriminated against. when last i checked michael wanted no part of being black! of course it became convenient when he wanted to attack tommy mottola but the truth is that all this skin bleaching and nose trimming is about deeply embedded self-hate and nothing else.

there is no defence for a 44 year old man who chooses to sleep with children or hang them over balconies to show his fans or have them appear in public looking like freaks like him. the day we start defending grossly inappropriate behavior like this, all is lost.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Michael Jackson = LSG...:D

anton
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I'm not "defending" Michael. I never met him as I think a lot of people on this board have not. I replied to somebody else's comments about Black people.

But where is your proof of his "skin bleaching"?? And I hope you don't believe everything you read on smokinggun.com.

Also I'm not defending his behaviour, I just like some of his songs and think he gets picked on so people can speak out of they want to!!

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Dawn...:wavey:

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Where's the proof of his skin-bleaching? You're kidding, right? Even if he does suffer from Vitiligo, which is doubtful, what about all the other physical transformations we've seen. I suppose you believe Michael when he admitted to 2 nose operations and nothing else and claimed his face "changed" as he matured. I've got news for you (and Michael) cheekbones don't magically start growing at age 30 and one doesn't all of the sudden wake up one day with a clift in his or her chin! LMAO!

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:50 PM
LSG reminds me of the ugly geek chick who is resentful because the popular cool girls disses her...LOL :D

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Where's the proof of his skin-bleaching? You're kidding, right? Even if he does suffer from Vitiligo, which is doubtful, what about all the other physical transformations we've seen. I suppose you believe Michael when he admitted to 2 nose operations and nothing else and claimed his face "changed" as he matured. I've got news for you (and Michael) cheekbones don't magically start growing at age 30 and one doesn't all of the sudden wake up one day with a clift in his or her chin! LMAO!

LOL, so true...who the hell is he fooling?

anton
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:56 PM
A lot of people in the entertainment business have had plastic surgery.

Also I lie in the sun to try to get bronze so does that make me "wacko"?

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:07 PM
True, lots of people in the entertainment industry have cosmetic surgery, but most don't do it the point where their nose is no longer operable due to repeated procedures and left looking like someone stuck a glob of silly putty on their face where a nose should be!

And Michael isn't "wacko" just for lightening his skin...he's "wacko" for living in a dream world he calls "Neverland", sleeping with young boys, at age 44 citing water balloon fights as his favorite pastime, dressing up as Jackie O in public, running out of the delivery room with "his" newborn baby with placenta in tow...the list goes on and on...

anton
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:11 PM
i dont think bronze skin is wacko. if that is what you like then that is your right to have it.

Also MJ is different but I would not say "wacko."

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Listen, it's his body and he has every right to do whatever he wants with it. But if you think all the things he's done to his body as well as his general behavior is just "different", I'd hate to see what's required for you to think someone's "wacko".

apoet29
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:17 PM
I'm not "defending" Michael. I never met him as I think a lot of people on this board have not. I replied to somebody else's comments about Black people.

But where is your proof of his "skin bleaching"?? And I hope you don't believe everything you read on smokinggun.com.

Also I'm not defending his behaviour, I just like some of his songs and think he gets picked on so people can speak out of they want to!!

Anton,

By saying that people rush to say negative things about him in spite of his disturbing, you are, in fact, defending him. In a previous post in this thread, you stated that people had problems with Michael being a role model simply because he is black. No one had a problem with Michael as a role model before the allegations of child molestation in 1993. In fact, Michael was considered one of the premier artists and role models of his generation. I've been to several Michael Jackson concerts during the peak of his career and I can safely tell you that his audience knew no racial boundaries. Even in the documentary, "Living with Michael Jackson," Michael's fans are still a diverse group of ethnic backgrounds.

What people, including myself, have a problem with is Jackson's behavior around young children. Michael; however badly he wants it, is not a child anymore. He is a 44 year old man who admits that he shares a bed with young children who are not his children. Come on, you really don't expect me to believe that you don't have a problem with that? Would you allow your children to share a bed with a grown man who was not their father? These issues are disturbing to people and that is why Michael is experiencing criticism right now. It has nothing to do with his racial background.

Michael suffers from Vitiligo, a rare skin disorder, which has caused his skin color to change. According to American Vitiligo Research Foundation, "the typical appearance of Vitiligo is a milky while depigmented spot or spots. It may vary from a single white spot to multiple spots. The shape too is a variable. In some cases generalized de-pigmentation observed all over the body. It has a tendency to start as a single spot and gradually grow in size and number. It may present with a single or several spots on limbs or abdomen or back and then spreading to other parts of the body. Some cases showing affection of the mucocutaneous junctions such as finger-tips, corners of the mouth, private parts, around eyes. The spread of the disorder is usually slow and progressive. Symmetrical appearance on both the side of the body (say, on the legs, hands, etc.) is common. In rare cases one finds vitiligo spreading all over the body."

My stepfather is black and has family members who have suffered from Vitiligo, including his grandmother, who is one of my favorite relatives. She has had vitiligo since her twenties and her entire back has been "depigmented" due to the disease. However, her skin color does not resemble Michael Jackson's. It could be that his disorder progressed quickly and he decided to bleach his skin to even out the tone. It could also be a possibility that he felt a lighter skin tone would gain him more acceptance. However, looking at the tone and color of his skin, I think it can be assumed that he has, in fact, bleached his skin.

You're right that most lawsuits end in settlements and I agree that it was wrong of the boy's family to settle so quickly. However, Michael was willing to do whatever it took to settle himself. Something he alluded to in his interview with Bashir. If Michael was so innocent, why did he decide to settle? Why not take it to court and clear his name once and for all? That's what I would have done. Instead, his settlement left people with the assumption that he did something and paid his way out of it, regardless of whether or not he is innocent.

I do believe that racism is still a problem in America. As an Asian-American from a multicultural family living in the South, I am faced with this everytime I walk into a restaurant with my stepfather, who is black; my mother, who is white; and my brother, who is Indian. However, I disagree with those who chose to make allegations of racism every time a person of color, celebrity or otherwise, is criticized. That is NOT always the case. In Vanessa Williams case, Penthouse decided to publicize those photos after she became Miss America. It was a way for them to make money. That was not a situation of the press digging up dirt on the first black Miss America. Good for Williams that she was smart enough to make a statement about those photos and move on with her career. For Michael Jackson, his bizarre behavior around children is the reason for this criticism. However, unlike Williams, until Michael realizes that his behavior is inappropriate, no amount of interviewing or telling his side of the story will change things.

It will be interesting to see what Jackson's new interview will say about Bashir's documentary.

MarcusRock
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Listen, it's his body and he has every right to do whatever he wants with it. But if you think all the things he's done to his body as well as his general behavior is just "different", I'd hate to see what's required for you to think someone's "wacko". See: LaToya Jackson. LOL.

anton
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:24 PM
some people wont like MJ no matter what he does (or does not do). But I do think he is enjoying all this press. I wonder if he has secretly recorded a new CD.

Also I do think people dug up dirt on Vanessa Williams and I stand by that statement. Her pics were not even graphic. George W. Bush it was leaked out during his campaign smoked pot and got arrested but he is still in the White House.

apoet29
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Anton,

Does it even matter if the press dug up dirt on Vanessa Williams when she was crown Miss America? I don't remember that being the case. However, Williams has gone on to have a fine career in acting and recording. So all the dirt didn't hurt her one bit.

Talk about the press digging up dirt-what about Kournikova? The press loves to slam her and Anna is the epitome of white beauty (no offense to Anna fans). So you see, it is not a racial issue. It is an issue of what is the hottest story to sell to the public.

George W. Bush being in the white house is a different matter entirely.

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Sorry, but I think the Vanessa Williams argument/comparison is a weak one. I agree completely with apoet29 in that Penthouse published the photos purely for money. If they simply dug into her past hoping to find something scandalous with which to tarnish her because she's black, how do you then explain Penthouse publishing nude photos of Madonna once she became famous? Is Penthouse not only anti-black, but anti-Italian-American?

apoet29
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Thanks G-Ha,

To go even further, what about Penthouse trying to publish nude pics of Kournikova, which weren't even of her! Even worse, the publisher went on to state in court that he knew the pics were of Anna because he could measure the circumference of her nipples! How degrading it that!

MarcusRock
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by apoet29
Thanks G-Ha,

To go even further, what about Penthouse trying to publish nude pics of Kournikova, which weren't even of her! Even worse, the publisher went on to state in court that he knew the pics were of Anna because he could measure the circumference of her nipples! How degrading it that! I'm not sure that it's that degrading as much as it showed how high that guy's reading was on the Perv-ometer.

anton
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:42 PM
:rolleyes: whitney houston :rolleyes:
"crack is whack"-very funny whitney!

:rolleyes: madonna :rolleyes:
i think everybody has seen her nude

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Well, at the time of publishing, everyone hadn't seen Madonna nude, yet. That's why it was such a big deal.

Tammy
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:51 PM
:rolleyes: madonna :rolleyes:
i think everybody has seen her nude

lmao!! - i finally seen her nude whilst in mexico :angel:

and tsss the horror :p

Simplify
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:53 PM
And to think everybody thought LaToya was crazy. Actually, I guess that's debatable, but I believed alot of what she said.

Regarding document published on The Smoking Gun site, I don't think it is legit. I thought the suit was filed in the Summer of 1993. If so, then why is the signature date of that document December 1993?

I agree with those who question why Michael would continue to share a bed with youngsters. I can't imagine why he would even THINK about it after the lawsuit! Worse than that, WHY would the PARENTS allow their children to do so?! Even if that lawsuit had never been filed, as a parent, that would not be a comfortable situation for me.

Light-Skinned Girl, in the words of ??? (darn, I can't think of the singer's name) "you remind me of a girl - that I - once knew.";)

G-Ha
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bajangurl
isn't Michael & Latoya the same person:confused: LOL- let me stop bagging on the jacksons- we know we all have a relative as crazy as he is:D

I don't know if they are the same person, but at one point, they both had the same make and model of nose! :D

Simplify
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:21 PM
isn't Michael & Latoya the same person LOL
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time? LOL, LOL

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Just like that girl, who said to you. "What up sista?" You couldn't see her for her individual self. You saw a black girl speaking in a slang manner. You automatically brushed her off because
she *APPEARED* different than you. Why did her way of addressing you bother you so? LSG you are such a **fake** and one day I hope you can see finally see the light. You are brainwashed.

Dawn she *ASSUMED* I should have some affinity for her *because* we're the same race and that's completely *ridiculous*! Dawn that black girl was lazy *and* unmotivated so I had *no* interest in being friends with her at all! What's so difficult to understand???

Topshotta all that *suburban* upbringing and the best you can do is LSG reminds me of the ugly geek chick who is resentful because the popular cool girls disses her...LOL :rolleyes: Don't worry Malik it's not your fault you're "limited".

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Dawn she *ASSUMED* I should have some affinity for her *because* we're the same race and that's completely *ridiculous*! Dawn that black girl was lazy *and* unmotivated so I had *no* interest in being friends with her at all! What's so difficult to understand???

Topshotta all that *suburban* upbringing and the best you can do is LSG reminds me of the ugly geek chick who is resentful because the popular cool girls disses her...LOL :rolleyes: Don't worry Malik it's not your fault you're "limited".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Uxobi
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Regarding the interview, Michael was smart to have his own video. Do you honestly think we get to see the entire interview...NO!! Only the controversial stuff.......The guy praised Michael Jackson, but those scenes were edited.

What did we learn from the interview? Nothing new. Michael has always been considered odd. We all know he is way out there. Come on now....The guy lives in an amusement park. He has his own zoo, he buys mummies, coffins and spends millions of dollars on crap.

ABC made a killing selling the commercial/ad time during the tv special. They all use Michael...just as he uses them. Michael hasn't had a major hit in the US for a while now....but his sales outside the US are still phenominal. Believe me, he knows what he is doing.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:02 AM

Topshotta all that *suburban* upbringing and the best you can do is LSG reminds me of the ugly geek chick who is resentful because the popular cool girls disses her...LOL :rolleyes: Don't worry Malik it's not your fault you're "limited". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tennischick
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:56 AM
I'm not "defending" Michael. ...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: i really must put you on ignore.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:32 AM
LOL @ Deuce...:kiss:

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:40 AM

LSG, could you go easier on the use of asterisks for...you know... *emphasis*? :)

I'm not one of the brigade who want to attack you; I just find your posts difficult to read with *sooo* ;) much of this.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:31 AM
As far as that Michael Jackson thing is concerned, I think that whole childlike thing is just a big act. I think it's his M.O. I say enough of his crap and children (including his own) should be procted from him...:mad:

anton
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by tennischick
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: i really must put you on ignore.

:sad: :D :sad: :D :p