PDA

View Full Version : Online friends: how important are they 4 u?

rocktheboat
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:01 AM
I am in 1 of those soppy moods today:confused:

They are VERY important to me. Some of them have contributed in making me the person I am today,that is a tad more positive(still room for improvement but its better now) :)
At a time when things were horribly wrong for me,I met a girl who a few months later would become the love of my life. She has changed everything(my sexuality included :p). Whatever happens later between us,Ill always be grateful.:)
I have also met my best friend,Amy, online-I know I dont have much of a life :p. Ill never forget the night when I was feeling down,she kept me company all night long even tho she had exams the next day!
And then theres David, I only met him a few months ago but I have very quickly grown fond of him.Hes a very nice person with whom I can share everything.Hes always there for me,willing to listen to my crap :p
There are a few others also and Ill spare u the details of the few weird ones:p In all I must say that online ppl have very much helped me, sometimes much more than ppl around me. Even if some dont know me personally,they are always there for me :)So I wanna thank the internet :p

DutchieGirl
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Sure, my online friends are very important. I've met very many of them in real life. I always look forward to seeing them here or on msn! It makes me feel happy when I can talk to them! :D

Sam L
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:07 AM
I would say only about 5 online friends are important to me and they're all from here ;)

I do know what you mean though, and can completely understand.

The thing is I should be meeting more like-minded people on the Internet who feels the same as me on certain 'issues'.

Overall, I agree the Internet is wonderful :)

rocktheboat
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by inkyfan
I've met very many of them in real life.

Thats great :) I've met only one but the most important ONE since its my girl :p of course there are a few others I'd like to meet in person :) not sure they'll like that idea tho :p

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:14 AM
A small number of them - one above all, but not just one - have become very important to me indeed. They know who they are. :) I very much want to meet these people in real life and I'm sure I will. I have plans to meet a couple of them later this year when I'm in the US.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Rocktheboat :p
Claire :p
Em :p

That's 3 from here and i like talking and messing to others.

It's funny though the net, dunno who you are really talking too, but one thing i have found in the 18 months i've had the net...............Britain is actually one of the least prude nations, everyone says Britain is prude and i'm like..........huh!

You learn alot :)

DutchieGirl
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by rocktheboat
Thats great :) I've met only one but the most important ONE since its my girl :p of course there are a few others I'd like to meet in person :) not sure they'll like that idea tho :p

lol most of my online friends wanted to meet! hehe Must just be me! ;) I had a boyf that I met on the old Sanex board - didn't work out. I hope your relationship goes well! :D

rocktheboat
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Glad to be on ur list,mister :p

@ inkyfan-Thanks :) we met and things went more than well :D just hope it stays that way,not easy having a love relationship with someone who lives in another country :( but having someone who loves u and who u love is great no matter how far they are from u :)

irma
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:26 AM
I am maybe not a good contactmaker not even on the internet, but I am still convinced it was the best invention ever;)

DutchieGirl
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:28 AM
rocktheboat - yes, long distance relationships are very hard. I met the guy twice in real life. He lived in Holland (and that's why I got interested in Holland), and I went there twice and stayed with him and we travelled around and stuff, was nice while it lasted. :D If you want it to work, you will make it work! :D

rocktheboat
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by inkyfan
If you want it to work, you will make it work! :D

hope so! never loved someone like that! but i am realistic, i know it wont work out with us being so far. But once she said she'd like to live in my country :) so maybe when she's finished her studies

Veggy
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I met my best friend online, it's just a shame she lives in Ireland and I live in England. She's the nicest person I've ever met and I trust her with my life.

Martian Martin
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:30 PM
They are very important to me, a few years ago if someone had said that to me, I would have said don't be silly. But these people do mean quite a lot to me, I have real confidence problems but these friends have helped me and have actually given me confidence to take up a course at the college.

I'd love to meet some of them, I just wish they lived closer :(

nasty nick#2
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah they really are, the one's i talk to on msn the most are important to me ;)

caramel
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Only the ones I have met in person are important to me... that doesnt mean the others are less important but I just like the ones I had real life encounters with a lot better! ;)

ys
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Very important..:)

Nicoleke
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by rocktheboat
They are VERY important to me. Some of them have contributed in making me the person I am today,that is a tad more positive(still room for improvement but its better now) :)

I totally do agree with you :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:52 PM
My online relationships are importatnt as they really keep me going when I'm down!

Brαm
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Some online friends are important, some aren't at all. I've got maybe 4 good friends online, and one of them is actually one of my best fiends, even though I've never met her (well she's British so it's not like I can jump on my bike & go and visit her). We've known eachother for 3 years now and we can talk for hours :) And when we're not online, we text/phone/write eachother.
I think, if I lost contact with her for some reason, I'd be very sad. It would be like losing a part of myself really. She is really important for me yeah!

Kiwi_Boy
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:43 PM
I think talking to people from around the world is important as it gives you some insught and perspective and its also fun :D
.....but i would have to say peole in my real life are more "important" to me because i actually know them :)

shirley
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Martian Martin
They are very important to me, a few years ago if someone had said that to me, I would have said don't be silly. But these people do mean quite a lot to me, I have real confidence problems but these friends have helped me and have actually given me confidence to take up a course at the college.

I'd love to meet some of them, I just wish they lived closer :(

Well we don't live that far apart - Martin :)

Online friends are very important to me. They make me laugh and lift me up when I feel down.

Martin :kiss:
Fiona :bounce:
Kisha :angel:
JelenaDokicIsHot :D
Keith :kiss:
Mark :kiss:
Kazbeee :)

and there's lots more.

Nicoleke
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:59 PM
A bit of the " best " guy I've meet in the Internet is " in " me forever .....

Evey
Feb 10th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Yeah same that Shirley said :) My online friends lift me up when im down :) They know who you are!

Emola
Feb 10th, 2003, 06:19 PM
very important,many that I talk to,David :D Almie :D Jonathan :D and Linda :D and others but also others that I havent met from here a big mention goes to Dave and Guilianna who lives in Rome:D even though you dont know them :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by shirley

Online friends are very important to me. They make me laugh and lift me up when I feel down.

and there's lots more.

:kiss:

Where would i be without my picture poster ;) and resident Killie fan ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Em
very important,many that I talk to,David :D Almie :D and others but also others that I havent met from here a big mention goes to Dave and Guilianna who lives in Rome:D even though you dont know them :p

Zamboni
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:25 PM
My online friends are important for me, yeah. I talk to a lot on people on here, and on msn, but only very few of them are real friends - and those are important to me. I mean, I like messing around with everyone, but if I lost contact, well, then that's the case.

I have lost contact with one guy I met online and who I considered a friend, I still miss him a bit. At the moment I would say I have 3 online friends - they know who they are ;) It's not like they changed my life, but I can talk to them really well when something is going on and sometimes it's easier to talk to them then to my real life friends.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:42 PM
my online friends are important! but of course, i can only say i "really" know a couple of them, and i care i about them. they know who they are :angel:. I think about them when we're not online.. so yeah, they are important!

martin :kiss:

cunnihingis
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:48 PM
i don't have many friends in real life so i'm grateful for the loads of internet friends that i have. we chat all the time and we exchange e-cards for each other's birthday, christmas and other holidays as well. if it wasn't for the inter i'd feel even lonelier and i didn't realise that until i lost my internet services for 6 weeks. i was miserable! i hope everyone values their internet friends because in many cases they are better than your real life friends.

toreador
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:28 AM
yep there r few online people that r importnant 4 me. just few though

lrg bllt
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:25 AM
i only have one online friend that means *alot* to me. - Spicy Bullet.... :angel:

luv ya jordan ;)

Jordan.
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:27 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeee :o

I love you too :kiss: :o

lrg bllt
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM
:worship:

Jordan.
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:30 AM
dont :|

jd4eva
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:42 AM
There's only 1 for me

and the lucky person's name is Rebecca

That's right, R-E-B-E-C-C-A

I even wrote a poem to share with all of you about her ;)

R is for her gRaR!
E is for the excitement I cause her to experience
B is for the bitch in her
E is for easy (a perfect description of her character)
C is for chips, over which she orgasm
C is for Carlos Ferrero, Juan (she orgasms over him too)
A is for ass sex, which we both loved dearly (don't hate)

I love you Becca :hearts: :hearts:

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:08 AM
:bounce:

firneds are very important :worship:

:worship: my online friends...

Princess Fiona
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:41 PM

and there's lots more.

Thanks so much Shirley!! :D :bounce: :bounce: You are very important to me too... :) SISTA SPACEHOPPER!! ;) :D

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Where *is* that girl who is important to me above all other cyberfriends, much as I love some others? Yes, knopfler6, this means you! Let's see some posts from you. :angel:

Flappie
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I met a lot of people on the internet and some of them became really good friends, one in particular...i think they know who they are! :angel:

I hope things work out with your girl, rocktheboat:)

Martian Martin
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Martian Marri
my online friends are important! but of course, i can only say i "really" know a couple of them, and i care i about them. they know who they are :angel:. I think about them when we're not online.. so yeah, they are important!

martin :kiss:

Awww Marri :kiss::)

Oh and Liz ;):p

shirley
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Franziska
Thanks so much Shirley!! :D :bounce: :bounce: You are very important to me too... :) SISTA SPACEHOPPER!! ;) :D

Aaw thanks Fiona :o We are the Sista Spacehoppers and we need each other :angel:

shirley
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JelenaDokicIsHot

Where would i be without my picture poster ;) and resident Killie fan ;)

Aaw thanks David :kiss: Just where would I be without my fellow Sabrina fan and resident Boro supporter ;)

at least you & Fiona remembered me!

Back to 11 angels now I see!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Aaw thanks David :kiss: Just where would I be without my fellow Sabrina fan and resident Boro supporter ;)

at least you & Fiona remembered me!

Back to 11 angels now I see!

Sabrina :lick:

Rachel has gone, bit tooooooooo trampy and dumb, her face not as good as her body, funny nose :p

shirley
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by JelenaDokicIsHot
Sabrina :lick:

Rachel has gone, bit tooooooooo trampy and dumb, her face not as good as her body, funny nose :p

Ooh Rachel didn't last long! I'm stunned ;)

Mazza
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:08 PM
My online friends are important to me but I think about 2 of them are very important to me. :)