PDA

View Full Version : West Indies upset South Africa in Day One...

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:39 PM
of World Cup cricket :eek: :eek: :eek:!!! I'm so Happpy!!! Woohoo...I'm so fucking Happy!!! They won by three runs :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss:. Brian lara top scored with 116 runs. This is one of the happiest days for me ever!!! West Indies posted 278-5, and South Africa responded with 275-9. :bounce: :bounce: :wavey:

SJW
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:11 PM
man you watch that match?? i was on the edge of my seat! the Windies innings was a great comeback. and Lance takes my breath away when he swings like that!

im so happy when my two faves can produce a great match like that! now on the other hand, Serena-Venus matches......

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah...I watched it. i was soooooooooo pissed with Wavell and Chris at the start. The the middle order really picked things up. Klusener really took it to the West Indian bowlers, but I was relieved when he was taken out. Woohoo. Go Brian and Hooper. I can't wait for Marlon Samuels to be included in the next match. He is such an elegant striker of the ball. Go Windies :bounce: :bounce:.

SJW
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Sarwan and Powell man..that was some devastating hitting too!! the innings 50s kept getting quicker, 123 balls, to 56, to 51 and i think the last one took something like 21!

that is the best ive seen the windies play in a while! there was a period where i would refuse to watch them as they were so pityful!

btw dont you think Sarwan is so powerful for such a slight/lil guy?

wuneyej
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Trememdous win for Windies. Too bad I don't have satellite service myself to watch. Sooooo exciting when the victory isn't sealed until the last couple balls. If I read the report correctly, Lara was nearly caught on his first ball. :eek: But then quickly turned things around for his squad.

At the same time, I really feel for SA. For the host country to lose such a close match on opening day...poor guys. I know a good pal of mine is hurting some now. :sad:

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah...I'm really amazed that Sarwan is able to generate such power for such a little person. He hit a brilliant six that left me gaping. Must be the Dholl puri and guyanese curry ;). I had stopped watching them play too. They were total shit. But they have constantly gotten better, and i actually think they have a shot at this title. I like Powell a whole lot. His power is shocking, kinda like Chris Gayle when he's on. I hope the openers pick it up in their next match. Rock on boys!!! :bounce: :fiery: :bounce:.

SJW
Feb 9th, 2003, 10:18 PM
ive always had a soft spot for Hinds and Hooper as well as Lara ;)

and who didnt love Courtney and Curtly :(

well rock on boyz!

i can just imagine you Islanders downing your rum at this victory! ;) i was in Bdos when the Windies won the test there vs Australia in 99 (Lara 153 n.o). ive never seen a country in such excitement!

thats when i got into cricket :rolleyes: even though i have Bdos blood i always manged to prevent my father from roping me into it ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Feb 9th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Good first game, hope all the others are similar.

Both will qualify from that group, it's the weakest

tennischick
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:57 PM
i started getting really scared when that idiot started hitting all these sixes!!!!! then i switched over to tennis and James Blake had lost the flipping first set. and i thought, no, please, i can't take any more bad news, the Windies just HAVE to win! and i clicked back to the cricket. and they were winning!!!!! yoo hoo!!!! time to party people!!!!

http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:51 AM
http://boitagifs.free.fr/images/personnages/dance5.gif

LMAO@TC. I'mma join ya honey. I too was bugging when Lance started hitting sixes left, right and center. Ugh@his ass. But thankfully, West Indies didn't crumble under pressure. What impressed me the most about this win, is the fact that they only had 67 runs after 25 overs, but still came back to post such an impressive total. Way to go boys, way to go. :bounce: :worship: :worship: :bounce:

Oasiatic
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Great match. I'm not a big fan of cricket but I do enjoy the close matches. I was watching it this morning (yes, because nothing else good was on :o) and was just appalled at the way things were going. So many overs and hardly any runs. Then Chandapaul went but at least Brian kept it together :worship:

Then I slept and went to play tennis, wondering who won, then the whole National Park erupted in cheers and noise and I knew...

GO WINDIES!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oasiatic
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Great match. I'm not a big fan of cricket but I do enjoy the close matches. I was watching it this morning (yes, because nothing else good was on :o) and was just appalled at the way things were going. So many overs and hardly any runs. Then Chandapaul went but at least Brian kept it together :worship:

Then I slept in the afternoon, woke up and went to play tennis, wondering who won, then the whole National Park erupted in cheers and noise and I knew...

GO WINDIES!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Shuji Shuriken
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:45 AM
You enjoyed it so much you had to post that twice :p?

Benny
Feb 10th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Woah, what an upset!