PDA

View Full Version : Articles on Amanda

coetzerfan1
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:41 PM
How about if people post positive articles here? Tennis Week just had
a nice one at the above URL. No sounds of retirement from Amanda!

Oops, the url got lost, it's also at www.thebiofile.com

or better:

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=7788&bannerregion=

Zamboni
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:50 PM
thanx coetzerfan :)

didn't we have an article thread somewhere here? *goes looking for it*

coetzerfan1
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the thanks, but I haven't been here near as long as coetzerfan, so I had to pick cotzerfan1 as my name. There are never enough AmandaCoetzerFans ya now....

If there's another thread that's better for this stuff, please point me there - thanks

Originally posted by adnil

didn't we have an article thread somewhere here? *goes looking for it*

Zamboni
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:19 AM
but coetzerfan is easier to say ;)
and I call coetzerfan Kevin ;)

PETE
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:56 PM
By:Stevie Heyns

Cape Town - The new firm friend of Amanda Coetzer, South Africa's leading tennis player, Brady Anderson, an american baseball superhero with a market value of R138m, was turning women's heads in the Cape on Saturday.

Coetzer was at the Parow tennis club for the announcement of the Nike series for juniors, of which she is the patron. Anderson (34) was mostly at her side. To the question at the news conference of whether she had a firm friend, Coetzer laughingly responded: "Yes. He's outside here. And he'll take on anyone that wants to challenge him."

Afterwards the reserved Coetzer didn't want to answer questions about the new man in her life. "It's my private life. As him. Maybe he'll speak more easily," she said. She also didn't want the two of them to be photographed together.

Earlier this year she was friendly with the American Bill Behrens. They were together at Wimbledon.

Anderson said that he met Coetzer in November last year in Baltimore at a showcase tournament. The muscled baseball player is a special batsman and fielder with the Baltimore Orioles and has a contract for R138m with the club.

Anderson has stars in his eyes when he looks at Coetzer or talks about her. "We exercise together (on the tennis court and in the gymnasium).

She astounds me. She has run 40 yards in 4,78 seconds and will run 400m in under 60 seconds. Guys in Los Angeles have already asked if she doesn't want to run the 400 for the athletics club."

The two will spend a few days in the Mother City. Anderson doesn't know yet when he'll return to America, possibly just before Christmas.

The Coetzer family leaves this week for Keurboomstrand. Coetzer, rated seventeenth in the word, will catch a flight on Tuesday to Australia, where she will represent South Africa in the team tournament for the Hopman Trophy.

Her supporters will possibly see a new Coetzer next year, with not only a new coach (the Brit Nigel Sears) and a new friend, but also a new style.
She is now Dating Jeff Salzenstein of the USA

speedy
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Nice article... But how old is that??

Zamboni
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Dunno....from 2000?

Robbie.
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I think it must be the start of 1999, as amanda finished 1998 at #17...and she also was working with Nigel Sears at that time.

Shoudl this be moved to the other thread? :confused:

Zamboni
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:12 PM
oh thanx rob :)

Zamboni
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:13 PM
dunno if we should move it....

PETE
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:29 PM
the new info is She is now Dating Jeff Salzenstein of the USA

Zamboni
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:36 PM
thanx Pete :)

I think we even have pics of them together in this forum somewhere :)

PETE
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:05 AM
where???

Zamboni
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:03 AM
in the picture thread ;)

PETE
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:30 PM
i didn't see it??

Zamboni
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:42 AM
oh, well, it should be there. I think I posted it there for Maria, so it should say something about her in my post ;)

coetzerfan1
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:29 AM
Nice interview/article (http://www.atptennis.com/memphis/news/03wfriday_1.asp)

Took me a while to find this on the krogerstjude website so I figured I'd post it. Probably stating the obvious to other Amanda fans, but Amanda sure gives a great interview; really shares her thoughts rather than a typical cliche. To quote Mary Carillo "she really lets you in"... And to Mary's standard cliche on "big babes" dominating tennis, all I have to say is

>>>>> AMANDA IN THE FINALS - HOW BIG IS THAT!!! <<<<<

Zamboni
Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:51 AM

coetzerfan1
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:59 PM
Most detailed report I've seen on Amanda's semi-final win:

Coetzer settles in, tires Granville (http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/tennis/article/0,1426,MCA_1756_1762591,00.html)

Hopefully Amanda will peak today!

nemcl
Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:49 PM
No she needs to win tonight and peak at the bigger tournaments!!!

coetzerfan1
Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:53 PM
Ahh, one small step at a time - Ok, with Amanda's footwork it's always a flurry of steps that sometimes defy gravity.

Win or lose, I just hope she plays a match that lives up to her expectations, and that she can look back on with no regrets.

From the press, it sure sounds like Amanda is enjoying the moment - that's what counts, and will keep her on the tennis stage for our enjoyment.

coetzerfan1
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:48 PM
Don't know how long the local Memphis paper will keep the article available, but it's a detailed review of the match and more nice quotes from Amanda.

Quotes from Amanda after finals loss to Raymond at Memphis (http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/tennis/article/0,1426,MCA_1756_1765093,00.html)