PDA

View Full Version : My Qualifying report (saturday)

Wimanna
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:23 PM
At 10.00am Kim and Elke entered the 'Sportpaleis' and the crowd gave them a warm welcome, I guess there were at least 5.000 people. Then some real youngsters were able to hit some balls with Kim and Elke. :eek: @ some of those kids, sometimes they hit great passingshots :eek: At 11.30am Justine replaced Kim...

Tatarkova - Cervanova 6-3 6-1
Tatarkova prooved too strong for Ludmilla (woww, she changed her look) Both players were pinned on the baseline and Lumilla did gave Tatarkova a lot of easy points. Cervanova never looked able to worry Tatarkova.

Perebiynis - Van de Zande 7-5 6-4
Funny match to watch. Perebiynis was always a little bit better in the rally's but Daphne kept fighting and had the homecrowd behind her. Daphne broke Tathiana in the first game and the pace was set...break after break, average quality. When Tathiana had some difficulties she could reckon on her strong serve. Also her forehand was on fire today, especially the crosscourt. Daphne saved 2 setpoints at 4-5 but didn't convert herself 2 at 5-5... At 5-6 Daphne saved again two setballs, but the 5th one was too much: 7-5 Perebiynis. In the second set Daphne went for the shots and that resulted in a break. But Tathiana fought back and ended the match with an ace (172Km/u, her fastest)

Ondraskova - Koukalova 6-3 6-2
Not much to say, Ondraskova was the better player and dominated the rally's. Lots of UE's from Koukalova. Klara's second serve was her weakness today. It seemed to me Koukalova wasn't motivated at all.

Kleinova Maes 6-3 6-2
I left after the 1st set, and that set was really terrible...error after error... Kleinova was mixing up a little, and played patiently.

Vakulenko - Marrero 6-2 6-2
Wow, Vakulenko played extraordinary well!!!! She hit winner after winner (backhand, forehand, service, whatever) She was really impressive today. Marta didn't play that bad, Vakulenko powered all the balls near or on the lines... :eek: Great match!

Beltrame - Baijot 6-2 6-2
Some good rally in this match, but Cecile Baijot misses some expierence here. She has pretty good groundstrokes, but makes a lot of stupid mistakes. Beltrame kept the ball between the lines and mixed it up...

Schaul - Vaskova 6-1 6-4
I only saw the last game ;) In that game Vaskovo made two winners and 4 UE's.

Pin - Taton 6-3 6-3
When I saw Gaelle Taton, I thought I saw a boy... *sorry* She's tiny and has the body like a girl at the age of 14-15. But I can tell you she's a great tennisplayer. She has a great (doublehanded)backhand and her forehand is a little inconsistent. Gaelle went for the angles but Camille Pin has fast legs. Actually Camille Pin plays like Coetzer... Pin played strong from the baseline. At 3-3 in the first set there were 6 breaks ;) But then Camille made 10 points in a row (5-3 30-00), Gaelle made a nice dropshot, but Camille closed it out: 6-3. In the second set Gaelle started strong, but couldn't break Pins service. A little frustrated she made more errors and Pin won the second: 6-3... Close match.

Kuti Kis - Bacheva 7-5 7-6 (5)
Rita Kuti Kis is still overweighted (yuk, @ her legs, jellypudding)... But she was on fire today, same was Bacheva. Hard hitting from the baseline, Rita managed to win the first set: 7-5. In the second set Bacheva played great tennis...In no time she led 4-0. Kuti Kis got frustrated and because she became angry she started to play reaaly well. Good groundies from both sides. She nailed Bacheva 1m behind the baseline. Rita came back and could even serve for the match at 5-4. But then Lubomira picked up her game and made the break: 5-5. In the tiebreak it could have gone eather way, but Rita kept fighting and won this high quality match.

Randriantefy - Noorlander 6-3 6-3
Pretty good match. Seda was a little shaky, made wonderful winners, and stupid errors. Dally was more consistent and played smart; she was mixing it up pretty good.

Sorry for my poor English...
I made 55 pictures...I will post them later this week ;)

kournikovafan13
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks!

And btw, your english is perfect lol

MLF
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks. Good reports. Your English is fine.

baico
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:56 PM
my report is a little bit the same as wimanna :-) lol

hope u liked it , wim

58 pics

Wimanna
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by baico
my report is a little bit the same as wimanna :-) lol

hope u liked it , wim

58 pics

:) :) It was great!!!! :);)

Fieke
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Thanx for the reports Wim :kiss:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 9th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Excellent work!

I like your style :D

Mattographer
Feb 9th, 2003, 01:49 AM
55 pictures in one day? :o

rated_next
Feb 9th, 2003, 03:00 AM
thank you SO much :)

Hurley
Feb 9th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Great reports...thank you :D

LOL about Rita's legs...she really needs to shape up a lot if she wants to get back to the Top 75...

Elleke
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:56 AM
thanks a lot!

DutchieGirl
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:50 AM
lol Seda shaky... typical Seda then! ;) She can hit some really good winners, and make some really dumb errors too! ;)

spiceboy
Feb 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Thanx 4 the reports, wimanna!!!

Jem
Feb 9th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the report. And you're English is superb! Wish I could speak another language as well.

Brαm
Feb 9th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks!!!! :D :kiss:

Hmmm so GaŽlle's small?! I thought she was a tall player! How weird that a small player can have such good results in such a small period of time! Too bad none of the Belgians won :sad:
oh and :(@the errors in the Maes-Kleinova match!

Monica_Rules
Feb 9th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Thanx:)

King Aaron
Feb 9th, 2003, 02:21 PM