PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS to the Thai Titleist!

TammysBigSis
Feb 8th, 2003, 11:54 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
May this be the first of many more to come!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You rule, Lil' Sis!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Phoenix
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:08 PM
May this be the first of many more to come!

Congrats Tammy !!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BK4ever
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Much Love and Congrats to Tammy :bounce: :bounce:

Experimentee
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Tammy! This will the first of many more to come! :bounce:

spiceboy
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Congrats Tammy, you finally got what you deserved...

Libertango
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:56 PM
AT LAST!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :worship:

Well played Tammy, great week (no sets lost!!!) May you continue this form throughout 2003!!!!! :)

jirobkk
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Every things are new for you from the beginning of this year.

New racquet (Wilson), new outfit (Lotto) and new Tammy !!!

I'm pretty sure this title is the first of many more to come.

GO Tammy Go.

:worship: :worship: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss:

http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/522/262tammy_6-1.jpg

http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/522/12003-gazdefrance32.jpg
Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn runs for the ball during the final of the Indian Open to win her first WTA title in Hyderabad, India Saturday Feb. 8, 2003. The second seed Tanasugarn beat Uzbekistan's Iroda Tulyaganova 6-4 6-4 to add a singles crown to the three doubles titles she has claimed since turning professional.

http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/522/262tammy_19-1.jpg

The red top always bring you a good luck. Hope you wear many more.

King Aaron
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Well done Tammy! :D :) You can do it again and again!!

Rose, please tell Tammy that she has all our support! :D

TammysBigSis
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Just got an e-mail from Tammy:

Hi There,

I won .I won,I'm so happy right now,but I still have more tourney to go.Next week I will play in Doha,Please cheer for me,Thank you so much for your support

Love ,Tammy

:kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts:

That goes to all of you great Tammy cheerleaders out there!
Thanks so much for all your love and support over these many heartbreaking years! Hope 2003 continues to be her breakout year!

:hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

2ace2
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Well done Tammy :D

vogus
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:59 PM
'Bout time Cutie Pie! Congratulations!

Vut
Feb 8th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Well Done P'TAMMY :):)

vishnureddy
Feb 8th, 2003, 03:57 PM
She is playing just too good. Idon't know whether she always plays like this b'coz this is the 1st time i am seeing live.She was just too good.Congrats Tanasugarn.

Greenout
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Great win today. Let's all make a nice toast with
this nice bottle of Champagne. Cheers!!
Cheers! Cheers!! Kampai (for the Nihonjin's out there)

Now everyone else can compliment Tammy besides
the usual Asian contingent on board. :)

bimmie
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TAMMY!!!!!

you finally made it!

*happy tears*

i'm so very proud of you :D

jirobkk
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:05 PM
hello vishnureddy
Have you got my e-mail ?

jirobkk
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Thailand's Tamarine wins Indian Open
By Associated Press, 2/8/2003 10:23

HYDERABAD, India (AP) Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn won her first WTA title Saturday, beating Iroda Tulyaganova 6-4, 6-4 in the final of the Indian Open.

Tamarine, seeded second and ranked No. 31, broke Tulyaganova in the eighth and 10th game of the first set.

All but three games went against serve in the second set, but Tamarine held serve in the third and ninth games. Tulyaganova managed to stave off six break points in the fourth game to hold serve after being treated for a sore ankle.

''It was a tough match. Iroda was playing well, but my serves were the key,'' Tamarine said. ''I served better than I have served in other matches. This is my first WTA Tour title, I am feeling happy.''

jirobkk
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Tamarine Wins Maiden WTA Tour Crown in India
Sat February 8, 2003 08:49 AM ET

HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - Thai Tamarine Tanasugarn romped past Uzbekistan's Iroda Tulyaganova 6-4, 6-4 to win her maiden WTA tour title at the Indian Open on Saturday.
Tamarine, who had lost five finals since making her tour debut in 1993, finally did one better relying on her strong baseline game.

"It was a tough match today, but I served better than in the previous matches and also played better shots," Tamarine said. "Every ball, every shot I was concentrating hard. Probably that turned the match in my favor."

The second seed started confidently and claimed the first set in just over half an hour.

The 21-year-old Tulyaganova looked to fight back early in the second, but could never get the upper hand against her Thai opponent's array of forehand winners.

Tulyaganova, who has already won three WTA tour titles and almost ousted former world number one American Lindsay Davenport at the Australian Open last month, had beaten Tamarine in the final of the 2002 Asian Games.

"I know I had lost to her in the Asiad but I wasn't worried," Tamarine said. "I thought I've got nothing to lose and went for it. I just wanted to enjoy the game."

Another Thai, Paradorn Srichaphan, had won the men's singles title at the ATP tour's Indian Open tennis tournament in Madras earlier this year.

Libertango
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Aww that email from her is just so sweet!!! :angel:

Good luck for Doha and the rest of the year Tammy, hope to see her play live (for the first time!) at DFS, maybe even Wimby. :D

Shana
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:10 PM
:) :) :):):):):):):)

jirobkk
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:27 PM
TAMARINE TANASUGARN ERODES TULYAGANOVA FOR TITLE
LIKHOVTSEVA/TULYAGANOVA WINS DOUBLES CROWN

Hyderabad, 8 February, 2003: :: Tamarine Tanasugarn of Thailand claimed her maiden WTA Tour crown overcoming the challenge of No 5 seed and World No 57, Iroda Tulyaganova in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4 at the $140,000 WTA Indian Open here at the S.A.A.P tennis Complex on Saturday.

Tanasugarn, the No 2 seed here and the World No 31, stayed focussed and composed throughout the game to emerge a worthy winner. With her serves landing where she wished and reading her opponent’s game well, she was on top. In the first set, the Thai eve was broken in the third game, which did not hinder her concentration or affect her confidence. Tanasugarn played some brilliant tennis to break Tulyaganova in the eighth game at love, held serve in the ninth and again broke the Uzbek in the 10th game to claim the first set.

The second set was a sea-saw battle with both players trading serves on a regular basis with seven of the ten games being breaks of serves. Other than the second, third and ninth games, serves went against the server, Tanasugarn holding service games in the third and ninth game and Tylyaganova managing to stave off six break points in the fourth game to hold serve after being treated for a sore ankle on court.

“It was a tough match. Iroda was playing well, but it was my serves which was the key today. I served better than I have served in other matches and this being my first WTA Tour title I am feeling happy”, said Tanasugarn.

“Both of us were trying hard to hold serves, but I finally managed to hold serve in the ninth game and broke her in the 10th to win the match. I just tried to concentrate hard with every point. I felt that I should just go for it as I had nothing to lose and I tried to keep pushing her by attacking at the net and I was mentally thinking positive” said the Thai, ranked No 31 in the world who earned $ 22,000 and 95 WTA points.

Iroda was richer by $ 12,000 and 67 WTA points which is bound to improve their rankings.

Top seeds Iroda Tulyaganova (Uzbekistan) and Elena Likhovtseva of Russia lived up to their top billing to claim the doubles crown besting No 3 seeds Evgenia Koulikovskya (Russia) and Tatiana Poutchek (Belarus) in the final on Saturday.

In a battle filled with power and artistry, and the possibility of a decider looming large, Tulyaganova and Likhovtseva lifted the level of their game to claim the title with a 6-4, 6-4 victory and the winners cheque of $6,500 and 67 WTA doubles points.

The win was Lokhovtseva’s seventh WTA Tour doubles title while it was the fourth doubles crown on the Tour for Tulyaganova.

Koulikovskaya and Poutchek had to be content with $3475 and 43 points.

gorecki
Feb 8th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Congrats on your first singles title Tamarine!!! [and about time too! ;) ]

May there be more to come real soon!

Martian KC
Feb 8th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Congrats to Tamarine.:) I guess she was motivated by Paradorn.;)

Buitenzorg
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Well Done Tammy :D

Benny
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:57 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have never been so happy and excited at 5:30 in the morning lol, when I found out that Tammy won. Lol I have told everyone who I have seen.;)

GO TAMMY - We are SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU! :kiss::bounce::kiss::bounce:!

K155-k155
Feb 8th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Tammy...congrats girl :kiss:

jirobkk
Feb 9th, 2003, 01:54 AM
From Yahoosports

By A. Joseph Antony , HYDERABAD , Feb. 8

If the excesses of aggression recoil on their perpetrator, Iroda Tulyaganova was a casualty. Her amazing armoury could not thwart a 4-6, 4-6 defeat by Tamarine Tanasugarn in the WTA Indian Open final on the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) tennis complex's centre court here on Saturday.

Iroda's pace was hot, her drops downright, her returns spiced with so much variety, at least initially. That she had Tanasugarn for a contender, who never gave up trying, was the problem.

Wrenching Tanasugarn's serve in the third game of the first set itself, revealed a penchant to break free from the baseline bashing. Iroda won that game on a drop and lob exchange. The next four games went with serve until Tanasugarn desisted from errors, while Iroda fell prey to them, dropping serve on the eighth.

While Tanasugarn hardly rose and shone with aces, the number of service winners piled up steadily. With amazing control, the second seed steered the ball in, come what may. And as Iroda's game crumbled, Tanasugarn consolidated hers.

Not one to make the 100 m squad, Tanasugarn conserved her best for the crucial stages. Little surprise then that she turned the contest around towards the tail end of the first set.

In the second, the trend was similar, Tanasugarn spilling the first game on serve. While she aimed to avoid errors, Iroda sought to slam the winners.

The Thai player's service packed more punch, some of which Iroda intercepted well. Alongside, Tanasugarn paused a wee bit to deploy a precise placement, this device far more rewarding against the big-built Uzbek.

Time and again Tanasugarn wrong-footed Iroda, who arrived late for the attacking ball, spraying it out of bounds often. On other occasions, Iroda reacted too swiftly, her returns reeling and straying too. The descending sphere was in tune with Tanasugarn's scheme of things.

A visibly tired Tanasugarn described the encounter as tough, what with Iroda playing well. Her own serves were better and as for tactics, she just tried to `hang in there.' The first WTA title had a sweet feel to it.

Asked how she managed to turn the game around in her favour, Tanasugarn said she kept trying for every point and played definitely more offensive today. The start was slow, since she had little to lose, vanquished by Iroda in the final of the Busan Asian Games.

Victory in the 82-minute showdown was her springboard to the next round of action in Doha, Qatar.

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 9th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Thanks to Rose and Jiro...Same pic of Tammy above...it is in our newspaper today! Yihaaa, Tammy!:bounce:

Nicky2002
Feb 9th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Thanks for Tammy's message and Tammy's pics.

What a great history!

eD
Feb 9th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Congrats krab TAMMY
everyone in my family feel so happy.
good luck at DOHA
love u

BasicTennis
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:55 AM
well done!!!

Chance
Feb 9th, 2003, 10:45 AM
that is great news.

Congratulations Tamarine on your first title :D

Maybe it's "winner of first title" year- tamarine joins alicia and nathlie to capture their first title.