PDA

View Full Version : Serena vs. Daniilidu

SerenaSlam
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:55 AM
This is the match-up that i want so bad! There are so many people on this board that really didn't give serena the credit she deserved for beating Eleni at the OZ. Yes Daniilidou's serve let her down in the first set, but serena just killed her in the second. Daniilidou is very power, good, and talented player, but really she has nothing on serena.

If they meet, who do you think will win?

Serena something like 6-3 6-2!

Havok
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:31 AM
i think she'll meet up w/ Dokic

daniilidou
Feb 7th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Daniilidou's match with Serena at AUS was entirely uncharacteristic of Lena's capabilites. She usually has her 1st serve percentage in the 70's and against serena, it was at 51%. Who knows what happened to her. Apart from the serving, Daniilidou matched Serena's groundstrokes very well and hung in the rallies with a variety of shots. If Eleni served the way she usually does, I truly believe it would have been a much more competitive match. I hope they do meet too;) :worship:

Experimentee
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Daniilidou wasnt at her best in that match but neither was Serena. I'd like to have this matchup again too, but i think Serena will win in straight sets if she plays well and keeps her errors down.

SerenaSlam
Feb 7th, 2003, 04:28 PM
well the match is official, can't wait for tomorrow!

vs1
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Serena def. Eleni 6-3, 6-3

MartinaW
Feb 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Good Luck Eleni!
Nothing is impossible

TSequoia01
Feb 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM
It will be a good test for Serena. I think it will be close with the Princess Of Power prevailing 7-5, 6-4. :cool:

SerenaSlam
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:24 AM
i don't think it will be close at all, serena didn't know what type of game daniilidou was going to bring to the court, i think this time she is looking for the short ball, and giving her all types of power, even though daniilidou like the power, serena has a lil to much for her to handle. you could tell in some points she was hangin w/ serena, but when serena went all out on a couple of shots, not only did she catch eleni off guard, but really she could do nothing about it, and serena one the points easily. this match is entirely in the hands of Princess Serena, and she will win something like 6-3 6-2!

TS
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:41 AM
This match will be closer than the one in Melbourne....well hopefully anyway. According to Stephanie Foretz, Eleni was serving very well against her (phew!), so hopefully she has that aspect of her game sorted (for now).

She can steal a set off Serena, I have no doubt about it (she took Serena to 4-4 in Oz, and was matching her from the back up until that point), let's just hope she comes out swinging and has learned from her mistakes! Whatever happens, great week anyway :) :worship: :worship:

vs1
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:49 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if Serena served a bagel and breadstick tomorrow, but I still stick with my prediction of 63, 63

BasicTennis
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Serena will dump Eleni.;)