PDA

View Full Version : Maria Kirilenko VS Tamarine Tanasugarn

jirobkk
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:31 AM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamarine/files/Maria%20Kirilenko%203.jpg VS http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamarine/files/Tammy%207.jpg

I met Maria in Pattaya last year. She is very nice when I asked for the pics and she also gave me an autograph. She is talented and looks so cute. I'm really impressed her very much as she has fighting spirit and she beated Angie after saved 4 match points . She has great ground stroke both forehand and backhand. Tammy also admired her that she is a great coming star.

I hope both girls will give us a great match today.

Try your best Maria :D :D :D
C'mon Tammy :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Gowza
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:54 AM
good luck maria!

Hyde'
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Good luck ! Tammy

tenn_ace
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:24 AM
it's going to be tough for Maria after her match against Angie... she will be tired, but do your best and enjoy, Masha! ;0

LeonHart
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Go MaShA! :D

Benny
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Go Tammy, make your first semi final of 2003:D:D

zeeson
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Do your best,TAMMY!!

bilbo
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Tammy I belived in you, you will win the first title here

salima
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Im looking forward for a great match today. Private plane anyone;)

Nicky2002
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Go Tammy!

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:40 AM
As the highest seeded left, you are certainly the prime candidate for bringing the title and eventually it will be ur first title for you after so many years...Bring it home, Tammy! U can do it!;) If Srichapan could do it last month, why can't you? :cool:

Give ur best performance tonight against Masha...and I am sure, you will face Iroda in the final!!! Choke dee!!!:D :wavey: :bounce: :kiss:

imogen
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Go Tammy!!! Win your first title here!!

jirobkk
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Thanks for your supporting Tammy.

Last night, I've been posting Tammy/Trudi vs Wynne/Angie match until the end. It was very closed match. I'm so sorry especially for Angie both in single and double.

Hope Angie and Wynne do better next time.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

and I am sure, you will face Iroda in the final!!! Choke dee!!!

It's too early to say that because Tammy has 2 matches left before reach the final.

Good luck Tammy, do your best today.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

jirobkk
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Im looking forward for a great match today. Private plane anyone

"Private plane anyone" ; What does it mean ?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Greenout
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Hi,

What happened? Who won? The players always seem more
friendlier when they're out of the US, and Europe. Rarely hear
bad comments from at these Australia-Asia tournaments. :)

Cool photo Jiro.

salima
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Oh sorry not to be precise jiro, I meant if anyone has a privat plane, com and pick me up, I want to go to Hyderabad!!!:cool:

jirobkk
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:37 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks Greenout :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:40 AM
It means good afternoon! I did not bother to follow Angie/Wynne match against Tammy/Trudi since I was too tired last night...:o

Bad lost for Angie for sure...She still needs to work on her mental toughness in facing critical points or moments...What can u say, she is the baby in the family?:p She is still young and it is just her beginning to play as truly senior player and she needs more and more tight matches...and so far, in 2003 she had them against Dokic, Kostanic and Masha...Time will tell...:angel:

Beside her mental, there are other things...her serve, her slice and many more...She has loads of homework to do!!! But so far, having 2 WTA titles are very good...Even 2 Asian senior players like Ai & Tammy have not been able to grab title in the last 2 years to say the least...So, here...I hope, Tammy can do big!!! It is such a big chance for her...I do not know about Ai, she has been inconsistent...She is a great double player...Some players just have more talent in certain area...;)

Speaking of Angie/Wynne as double pair...They hardly play tigether and that is the problem...I think, each person's ego is still there...They have played twice so far until Hyderabad - it was New Haven and Bali - and all these three are disaster!:fiery:

Luckily on Asian level, the could grab silver medal in Busan Asian Games...They lost to Korean pair since they were really under pressure to get gold medal and they did not play at their best...:D

I think, all these results until now, they are very good lesson for Angie...And now, she is getting ready to go to Doha because both Angie & Wynne must go through qualifying round...I wonder who is gonna be Angie's double partner there...Tammy should be good one, I think...It will be their 3rd time after Birmingham and Pattaya!!!:wavey:

I am excited to watch local national tournament here at Jakarta Hilton tennis complex next week...It is an annual tourney sponsored by Cigna Insurance...They play both men and women...I am excited to watch Liza Andriyani, Wukirasih Sawondari and I hope 2 juniors, Sandy Gumulya and Septi Mende will play also...It is local and with prize money for sure! Yoohoo...I can stay all day long at the hard court there! It is a beautiful complex in the heart of Jakarta - same area of our national sports complex called "Gelora Bung Karno" (Sukarno, our 1st president) and it was built for the 4th Asian Games in 1962 and I think, at that time, Indonesia finished second in medals tally just after Japan! It is the equivalent of Hua Mark, I think...Tammy and Benjamas Sangaram have played there several times...What is Benjamas doing now? OK, then...sawasdee krub!:wavey:

jirobkk
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:54 AM
for sharing the news.

It seemed like Wynne/Angie were disappointed and cried (I saw the pics somewhere I don't remember) after they lost to Korean pair in 14th Asian Games. Like you said Angie is still young and they were really under pressure to get gold medal.

I met Benjamas in Pattaya. She's married and now she is a sports commentator. I always see her on TV.

:wavey:

Vut
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Good Luck To TAMMY :):):):):)

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:35 AM
back 2u Jiro...Thanks for the info on Benjamas...:cool:

Indonesian's sports have been declining after 1995 when we lost to Thailand in Chiang Mai...Forget about Asian level...I just don't know when we will rebound as it goes together with the economy!:sad: Too much corruption in the sports here especially the officials...Not all of them though...

I just did not see pic of Angie & Wynne cried but I saw on TV...It was live from Busan! We got everyday coverage since one of the private national TVs here broadcasted from Korea...They were under pressure since at that moment, we just got one gold medal and it was from Angie, Wynne, Liza, and Wukir in the event of women's team competition...It was a historical moment after 1974 Asian Games in Tehran, Iran when our great players like Lanny Kaligis Lumanauw and Lita Sugiarto grabbed the gold medal in women's team...In this Asian Games, Lanny won gold medal while Lita got bronze for singles...Lanny back in 1970s went through at least 2nd round in Australian Open and Wimbledon actually!!!:bounce:

So, tennis is always the star in most of Asian Games...1982, we won gold medal for men's singles and men's doubles as far as I recall...1986...Yayuk Basuki/Suzanna Anggarkusuma won doubles in Seoul...1990...Yayuk and her hubby, Suharyadi won gold medal in mixed doubles...none in 1994...1998...Yayuk defeated Tammy in final...and 2002...Angie and her gang! Very good record for tennis...Back in the 60s and 70s, Indonesia was strong in sports on Asian level...We used to have best sprinter for male and female...BTW, I remember sprinter Anat Ratanapol, what is he doing now? Ladawan...what athlete is she? I forget...Bandid Jaiyen of badminton...and I think Surapong Suharidamrong...and there was a runner and she is mixed Black American and Thai...I forget her name...I like Thai swimmer...forgot his name...I wonder if he is still in Florida...I watched him when he competed in SEA Games in 1997 here...It seems that Indonesia will send mostly young athletes to Vietnam Sea Games this year...For tennis, I want to see young players to represent Indonesia like Sandy Gumulya and Septi Mende...We do not need Angie and Wynne for that level anymore...Let them have rest in December after such rigorous WTA Tour! Gotta go...Khob Khun Krub!!!:wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:43 AM
back again...If I am not mistaken, in 1978 Bangkok Asian Games, Indonesia won gold medal for men's singles! Oh, well...so much to depend on my memory!:cool: :wavey:

jirobkk
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:03 PM
http://www.satusports.com/i/cms/art/artikel/tenis/g/gwpodium_f_9709_f_17875.jpg
http://www.satusports.com/i/cms/art/artikel/tenis/g/gwfinalose_f_9711_f_17875.jpg
http://www.satusports.com/i/cms/art/artikel/tenis/a/angiedoa-f_9713_f_17875.jpg
http://www.satusports.com/i/cms/art/artikel/tenis/w/wynsedih_f_9714_f_17875.jpg

Angie and Wynne both cried after the match... :sad: :sad: :sad: Even during the ceremony, you guys can see that both of their eyes were swollen!!

At the player's seat, Wynne bent her head and regretted for not winning the gold while Angie hid her head with towel and tears were streaming out of her swollen eyes!!

Well.. girls.. cheer up.. dun be sad.. Silver was not that bad after all !!! Don't cry :sad: :sad: :sad:

BTW, you know very well about the sports. You should better do your business about sports.

Smart
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Maria looks so beautiful in that picture!

Thanks for this tournament Masha! You did well!

vishnureddy
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Hi this is my first time here and will be a regular member. I went to saw the match today. Sadly , Maria Kirilenko lost the match. Also she is very cute. She got huge support here in all her matches and even in the qualifying rounds. She mostly played in outside courts except for the yesterday's match. While no other player even got a clapping in the outside courts she got very huge support. She lost by 7-6 and 6-3. But she is a very talented player and all she needs to get now is more power in her strokes.

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:31 PM
VISHNUREDDY...Great to have u here...We spell Vishnu here in Indonesian just slightly different, Wisnu...I do not think Maria played inside court just yesterday, when she defeated Angie of Indonesia, she played in center court, didn't she? Indeed, Maria is talented player and she will be a rising star very soon!:cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Khob Khun Krub, Jiro!!!:wavey:

Thanks for the pics...Gee, it brings back my memory to such sad moment:sad: :sad: :sad: It was a good match and fight from Angie & Wynne! They did everyhting they could but the luck was not in there! Wynne as more experienced player did not play her role, she should have been tougher than her junior, Angie! Oh, well...:)

What do you mean do biz in sports? I am thinking as commentator or columnist!:D :wavey:

vishnureddy
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by lokamaya
VISHNUREDDY...Great to have u here...We spell Vishnu here in Indonesian just slightly different, Wisnu...I do not think Maria played inside court just yesterday, when she defeated Angie of Indonesia, she played in center court, didn't she? Indeed, Maria is talented player and she will be a rising star very soon!:cool: :wavey:

She played only one match on the centre court and that was against Angelique. In that i was sitting near Angelique's coach :cool: .

jirobkk
Feb 7th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Hi vishnureddy,

Did Tammy play well ? It would be great if you could giving any comment.

Thanks.

vishnureddy
Feb 7th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Yeah She played really well. Actually she was winning the set easily leading 5-3 and 0-40 on Kirilenko's serve but again Kirilenko fought back and bought it ot a tie break and in the tie break Maria was leading 6-4 with two set points but Tamarine won four pointsin a row and won the set. Her first serve was too big for Maria. And also she hit more winners and also her groundstrokes had more power .

jirobkk
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:10 AM
I didn't noticed that Tammy was leading 5-3 and had 3 set points because you know they didn't update the score game by game. Maria is a kind of fighter, she saved 5 match points against Angie and finally she won the match.

I think Tammy played well on important points especially in tie break, she saved 2 match points (Maria lead 6/4 in tie break) and won the first set 7-6(6).

vishnureddy : If you have chance talking to Tammy please tell her "Jiro from Bangkok wish her all the best of luck." Tammy know me. :D :wavey: I really want her to win her first title in your country like Paradorn did last month.

Thank you. :kiss:

jirobkk
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Her first serve was too big for Maria. And also she hit more winners and also her groundstrokes had more power .

glad to know Tammy played well. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

vishnureddy
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by jirobkk
I didn't noticed that Tammy was leading 5-3 and had 3 set points because you know they didn't update the score game by game. Maria is a kind of fighter, she saved 5 match points against Angie and finally she won the match.

I think Tammy played well on important points especially in tie break, she saved 2 match points (Maria lead 6/4 in tie break) and won the first set 7-6(6).

vishnureddy : If you have chance talking to Tammy please tell her "Jiro from Bangkok wish her all the best of luck." Tammy know me. :D :wavey: I really want her to win her first title in your country like Paradorn did last month.

Thank you. :kiss:

Definately if i get a chance. But the security is so tight that you can't meet the players. You only get a chance when they are signing after winning the matches on the centre court but at that time also there are so many people pushing each other and shouting for autographs don't think my voice will be heard. But i'll try:wavey:

jirobkk
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Good luck :D :hearts: :D

NaF
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by lokamaya
[
I am excited to watch local national tournament here at Jakarta Hilton tennis complex next week...It is an annual tourney sponsored by Cigna Insurance...They play both men and women...I am excited to watch Liza Andriyani, Wukirasih Sawondari and I hope 2 juniors, Sandy Gumulya and Septi Mende will play also...It is local and with prize money for sure! Yoohoo...I can stay all day long at the hard court there! It is a beautiful complex in the heart of Jakarta - same area of our national sports complex called "Gelora Bung Karno" (Sukarno, our 1st president) and it was built for the 4th Asian Games in 1962 and I think, at that time, Indonesia finished second in medals tally just after Japan! It is the equivalent of Hua Mark, I think...Tammy and Benjamas Sangaram have played there several times...What is Benjamas doing now? OK, then...sawasdee krub!:wavey: [/B]

Hi Lokamaya... :)

do u know if Febi, and Yusmawan are playing in the Cigna tournament???