PDA

View Full Version : Italians to win this tournment

alessandrochus
Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:46 PM
Adriana Serra Zanetti

Antonella Serra Zanetti

Flavia Pennetta

Three great italian players ready to improve their ranking. I think that Adriana could win this event. Only Tulyaganova, Tanasugarn or pierce could stop her! Unfortunately Iroda could be already in 2nd round... let's hope!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ciao

Alessandro

Benny
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:33 AM
Good Luck to the Italians:bounce:

jirobkk
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:47 AM
Good luck to Adriana Serra Zanetti. You were very nice when I met you in Pattaya last year.

Hope she do well here.

alessandrochus
Feb 3rd, 2003, 08:44 PM
have you really met Adriana in pattaya? can you tell me something about that meeting? if I can remember she reached quaterfinals last year there.

thanks

:wavey:

Alessandro

alessandrochus
Feb 3rd, 2003, 08:57 PM
first good result for the italians:

Flavia pennetta with Vanc defeated Clarisa fernandez and Vento in first round double 61 36 63.

ciao

Alessandro

alessandrochus
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Second good resul for italians!

Antonella serra zanetti, after loosing first set 12-10 in the tie-break won the match against Koulikovskaya. Final score was
6/7 7/5 6/0

GREAT :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Alessandro

alessandrochus
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Third good result / first bad news:

Flavia Pennetta defeated Martina Sucha with the final score of 16 63 62 .

Bad news for adriana serra zanetti, who unbelievably lost agaist japanese Saori Obata 75 63.

Next round:

Antonella Serra Zanetti vs Tzipora Obziler
Flavia Pennetta vs Cristina Torrens Valero

alessandrochus
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:29 PM
not a great day for the italian team.

Only Flavia Pennetta reaches the quaterfinal after beating Torrens Valero 62 60 (Torrens is n. 66 in the world!!). Now Flavia will face wonderful Mary Pierce!!!

Antonella lost in second round against Tzipora Obziler (never heard before, to be honest) and Antonella and Adriana lost in double against two unknown from china.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: