PDA

View Full Version : Rubin Withdraws From WTA Indian Open

Venus Forever
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:45 AM
Rubin withdraws from WTA indian open

Tokyo, 1 February, 2003: World No.12 Chanda Rubin has been forced to withdraw from nextweek's US$140,000 WTA Indian Open in Hyderabad,India to allow her left knee to rest.

Rubin,who has undergone surgery on her left knee twice in the past 2 year,fell in the semifinals of the Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo,Japan on Saturday to top seed Monica Sales.Throughout the past week,Rubin has been receiving daily treatment on her knee,including acupuncture,as a preventative measure.

Following her most recent surgery in early 2002,Rubin made her comeback to the Tour in May,and has since improved her ranking from No.69 to its current No.12,placing her on the verge of her first Top10 ranking since October 1996.

"I'm really pleased with the progress I've been making since my comeback last year,"said Rubin from Tokyo."However I still need to be careful not to overwork my knee, and after a long week in Japan and the Australian circuit,I feel I need to listen to my body.

I'm really disappointed not to come to India and to support the tournament and Mahesh Bhupathi,who is a good friend of mine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh oh, it's the left knee.

I hope she is okay.

Just rest it up Chanda, listen to the body.

Get well soon.:sad: :sad: :sad:

Steveg
Feb 2nd, 2003, 06:30 AM
Vanc moved from the qualifying draw to the main draw.

lin
Feb 2nd, 2003, 06:46 AM
:sad: get well soon Chanda :)

Libertango
Feb 2nd, 2003, 07:21 AM
Good idea if you don't feel up to it Chanda, and better to pull out here than say a grand slam or tier 1. Get well soon Chanda!! :D

Havok
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:58 PM
ah well, what r ya gonna do eh!

tennisIlove09
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:01 AM
get well Chanda