PDA

View Full Version : Venus Fans

Roseie
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:57 PM
I think Venus will start to lose her fans if she keeps losing to Serena so often. Plus, sounding like she does not mind. I find it hard to watch them, knowing Venus will lose. I only like watching them play doubles.

The way I see it. Venus seems to think she's Serena mother, which was a learned behavior imposed on her by her family. I don't see her winning a Major unless Serena lose before the finals. Serena is never going to want to lose to Venus, because even though she's winning, she knows Venus is the better player & she feels she's beating the #1 player when she beats Venus.

That's one of the reasons I really love her. I see how vulnerable she is. She's the one that everyone leans in that family.

Sam L
Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:10 AM
Well I think neutral Williams fans would become more Serena fans cause she's more the grand slam winner, hard fighter and go getter, whereas Venus is more complacent.

I guess it would sort who are the real Venus fans as opposed to neutral Williams fans.

I still think that Venus is stubborn as a tennis player, and I am too when I play tennis. I know I have huge technical flaws but don't want to change them, and I can relate to her in that way. It's hard to change your instincts and your game. It's what characterises you.

Perhaps Venus doesn't need much change in her game, but just a burning desire to win again. I hear Wimbledon calling! :wavey:

tennisIlove09
Feb 2nd, 2003, 07:33 AM
I think Venus needs to win more then she wants Serena to win--which is what Sam L said, sort of.

I just feel like she was feeling sorry for Serena [umm...well, she admitted that before the French Open :o ], and she didn't play as well as she could have.

As for Australia, really I don't think Venus had the heart to stop Serena from creating history. I think the next match [more then likely in Miami], will be huge for Venus. If Venus LOSES to Serena in Miami, I will say Venus won't win another major unless Serena is out before the finals.

catkey94
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:04 PM
I am going to be honest and say that I am getting really tired of Venus playing awesome tennis only to get to the final, drop her level and lose to her little sister. I just think that I would rather watch somebody who really fought out there then seeing Venus give up.

tennisIlove09
Feb 2nd, 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by catkey94
I am going to be honest and say that I am getting really tired of Venus playing awesome tennis only to get to the final, drop her level and lose to her little sister. I just think that I would rather watch somebody who really fought out there then seeing Venus give up.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Okasu
Feb 4th, 2003, 04:35 PM
I have to agree....

Venus Williams left Australia during the final and some imposter took her place as usually when she plays Serena. :rolleyes: