PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Samir

Trey
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I thought I would create an separate Thread for Sandra consider she doing pretty well an getting known more, She atm is Currently rank 45 in Juniors & Career High rank has been 37, This is also her first year playing Junior Slams she made the second round at both Aussie open and RG Juniors Slams. She has won two title so far this year

http://www.itftennis.com/ITF/Images/flags/46/EGY.gif

http://www.itftennis.com/itf/plugins/imagegen/imagegen.ashx?image=/media/147937/147937_HeadShot.jpg&width=114

Biography

Name: Sandra Samir
Born: November 4, 1997 (16 years old)
Birth Place: Giza, Egypt
Right Handed: (Double Handed Backhand)
Coach: Ali Shquri & Khaled Farouk
Trains: Advantage Tennis Academy
Age Started Tennis: 5
Favourite Surface: Hard & Clay
Favourite Player: The Williams Sisters, Rodger Federer and Kim Clijsters
Career High WTA Ranking: 1213
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: 13
Current ITF Junior Ranking: 21

Titles Won & Achievements

2010 14&U ITF/CAT African 14 & Under Circuit
2011 14&U ITF/CAT African Junior Circuit - Botswana
2011 14&U Idom Cup
2011 18&U Egypt ITF Junior Tournament Grade 5
2012 18&U 12th Carthago Cup Grade 4
2012 18&U International Junior Championship Grade 5
2013 18&U ITF/CAT African Closed Junior 18 & Under Championships Grade B2
2013 18&U NWU PUKKE/RVTA Junior ITF 1 Grade 2
2014 18&U ITF Juniors Tennis Club Hammamet, Tunisia, G2
2014 18&U ITF/CAT African Closed Junior 18 & Under Championships, Morocco, GB2

Doubles
2011 14&U Idom Cup
2014 18&U ITF/CAT African Closed Junior 18 & Under Championships, Morocco, GB2
2014 18&U USTA International Spring Championships, G1

Trey
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/06/12/young-tennis-star-aims-for-match-point/

The last time Egypt had a Grand Slam champion was in 1964 when a 16-year-old Ismail El Shafei won the Boys’ Singles title at Wimbledon as a junior.

El Shafei would go on to become the country’s highest-ranked player and the only one to crack the top 40 in the world rankings. Since then, Egypt has seen no top-100 players on either the women’s or men’s tennis circuits.

Last week at Roland Garros in Paris, however, there were signs that we might finally witness an Egyptian tennis champion in the near future.

On Court 14 at Stade de Roland Garros, only a few feet behind the magnificent Court Suzanne Lenglen where eventual finalist David Ferrer was playing his fourth round, Egypt’s Sandra Samir battled for three grueling hours to win her first round in the girls’ singles tournament.

The next day, the 15-year-old won her first round in doubles.

For a teenager making her debut at the prestigious Roland Garros, Samir certainly left an impression, as she hit one huge groundstroke after another, showcasing aggressive style and intelligent tactics that implied she was mature beyond her age.

Hampered by a shoulder injury, Samir lost in three tight sets in the second round, but she later said Paris has not seen the last of her yet.

“I still have three more years to come back here as a junior; this was my first Roland Garros,” Samir said in the French capital.

“It was an amazing experience. My dreams are way beyond winning the Roland Garros junior title, but of course winning it would be a great thing. It would be a big step for me moving forward.”

Two weeks earlier, Samir was taking her I’dadiya exams for both the first and second terms on the same day since she missed the first term tests while playing the Australian Open – the opening Grand Slam of the season. She made the second round there too.

Samir also helped Egypt secure promotion from Group III to Group II in the Fed Cup for the first time in the country’s history.

Since last October, Samir has won three African titles – in 16 and under and 18 and under tournaments – which saw her peak at 37 in the world junior rankings. However her Grand Slam performances have forced the International Tennis Federation (ITF) to take notice and choose her to join their touring team which includes only a handful of handpicked players from developing countries. She was picked in previous years as well in different age groups.

This year, the ITF Touring Team provides Samir with the unique opportunity to play a series of tournaments, including Roland Garros and Wimbledon, over an eight-week period where she will face the toughest girls on the tennis circuit.

“I’m following very much what Sandra is doing and we’re trying to really help her,” says Frank Couraud, the Development Projects Administrator at the ITF.

“She had a big win at Roland Garros. That was a very important win for her because her opponent is ranked 20 in the world and she’s born in 1997, the same year as her, and Sandra beat her in three sets.

“So I’m very, very pleased. And I think Sandra has the potential to be a champion. I do believe that because you see when she’s on court, she knows what she wants. She absolutely showed a lot of maturity. I hope she continues. She’s definitely a fighter and she’s got the physical ability as well.

“She really wants it and I think this is something you can’t give to a player, you have it inside or you don’t. I think she’s got a chance to follow Ons Jabeur or maybe do even better than her.”

Ons Jabeur is an 18-year-old Tunisian who won the Roland Garros junior title in 2011 to become the first ever Arab woman to win a Grand Slam trophy.

Samir hopes she can follow suit and go even beyond that.

Currently competing on the junior circuit that includes players between 13 and 18 years old, Samir plans on moving up to the women’s tour after Wimbledon. She is eager to a taste of what it’s like on the professional circuit; where the players are older and significantly stronger.

“By the end of the year I hope that I’m in the top 10 in the ITF junior rankings, and top 300 or 400 in the WTA [senior rankings],” says Samir, who is coached in Cairo by Khaled Farouk and sometimes trains in California at Mahmoud Karim’s academy.

“I will start playing on the women’s circuit. I will be starting from scratch, I have to forget all about my success in juniors and build something new on the women’s tour. It will be tough but I need to start now and if you want to do it you will do it.

“Entering that world as a 15-year-old of course is tough. But I believe I can do it. I go online and download fitness programmes and I’m willing to put in the work to prepare myself physically.”

One of Samir’s virtues that stood out the most in Paris was her mental toughness, which in tennis can be worth far more than technique or power. She credits her father for helping her build that edge by allowing her to travel with the 14 and under ITF Touring Team.

“When I was 13, I travelled alone for two months, washing my own clothes, packing my own bags, preparing my gear, getting my racquets strung, taking care of myself,” explains Samir. “I have to give credit to my dad who wanted me to get that experience early on. Thanks to him, I am mentally stronger than many players I face. Of course I break down sometimes, but I manage to recover and refocus during the match.

“My mother is also always there for me. She knows exactly what to say to me. Mentally she plays a big factor. She always analyses my psyche the right way. She wouldn’t go technical, but emotionally, she knows how to stabilise me.”

With the proper financial support that can ensure Samir gets the proper coaching and funds to travel to tournaments, she can truly go all the way and become Egypt’s first ever top 100 female player. The question is, will sponsors take notice and help her continue her path? Time will tell.

She’s heading to Wimbledon in a few weeks, where she will surely turn some heads. Egypt had better be watching.

Trey
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM
http://static.sport360.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_image/Sandra%20Samir.JPG

http://www.sport360.com/tennis/egyptian-teen-advances-second-round-roland-garros

There were mixed fortunes for juniors Sandra Samir and Mazen Osama, the only two Arabs playing at Roland Garros this fortnight, as the girls and boys singles tournaments kicked off in Paris on Sunday.

Samir, a 15-year-old Egyptian, laboured for three hours and two minutes to overcome Ukraine’s Helen Ploskina 5-7, 6-3, 6-3 to advance to the second round.

The reigning African junior champion, was serving for the opening set at 5-3 but lost four games in a row to give Ploskina a one set lead. Samir was the aggressor throughout the match but her opponent frustrated her with her consistency, simply putting every ball back in play, hitting almost zero winners but just as few unforced errors.

The Egyptian was broken in the fifth game of the second set but struck back immediately and a change in her tactics paid off, as she stepped into the court and used sharper angles to break in the eighth game and go on to snatch the second and third sets and a place in the second round.

“She’s unbelievable, I was told that she will bring back every single ball but I never imagined it would be to that extent,” Samir told Sport360 of her opponent after the win.

“I was hitting the ball really hard and attacking but she has control and she has the legs to back it up. And she makes almost zero mistakes.

“However I’ve been working very hard on stepping inside the court during practice and taking the ball early. And I find it very stupid to work so hard on something for three, four months and not use it during a match when you’re really supposed to. That’s why I didn’t give up.”

Playing her second Grand Slam, after making her debut in Australia earlier this year, Samir says she wasn’t very intimidated by the grandeur of the venue and the junior world No44 is looking to go farther in the tournament.

“I feel like I belong here and when I get to see my idols like Serena Williams, I’m thinking ‘I hope I will see you on the Tour in two years’ time,” added Samir, who is struggling with a cold and hopes to recover from her three-hour battle in time for her second round tomorrow.

“My body is a machine, if I want it to deliver I have to treat it right, so I will do my best to get rid of this cold and I need to get a massage and an ice bath to make sure I’m ready for my next match.”

Meanwhile, Samir’s compatriot Mazen Osama suffered a 6-4, 6-0 defeat to No8 seed Borna Coric in 69 minutes. “It was a tough first round, I was playing the world No8 and couldn’t find my rhythm,” said the 38th-ranked Osama, who still has a shot at redemption in doubles today.

“My goal is to end the year ranked in the top-10 of the junior world rankings. I was ranked as high as 24 before but my ranking dropped a bit because I’ve been playing some Futures on the men’s circuit. But hopefully I’ll reach the top-10 soon.”

Trey
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Playing 14th Gerry Weber Junior Open, Germany

(1)Camila Giangreco Campiz (PAR) d. Justina Mikulskyte (LTU) 63 62
Carolina Meligeni Rodrigues Alves (BRA) d. Lizette Cabrera (AUS) 61 64
Marika Akkerman (CAN) d. (wc)Tanja Klee (GER) 75 60
(8)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Barbara Haas (AUT) 76(6) 62

(4)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) d. (wc)Valentini Grammatikopoulou (GRE) 64 36 61
Maria Fernanda Herazo Gonzalez (COL) d. Britt Geukens (BEL) 26 75 76(6)
(Q)Yana Morderger (GER) d. (Q)Lisa Ponomar (GER) 36 63 62
Iryna Shymanovich (BLR) d. (5)Alejandra Cisneros (MEX) 63 62

(6)Domenica Gonzalez (ECU) d. Kyoka Okamura (JPN) 63 16 76(4)
(wc)Tayisiya Morderger (GER) d. Katernya Sliusar (UKR) 60 62
(Q)Ana Bianca Mihaila (ROU) d. Rasheeda McAdoo (USA) 61 63
(3)Victoria Rodriguez (MEX) d. (Q)Marie-Alexande Leduc (CAN) 75 63

(7)Viktoriya Lushkova (UKR) d. Akvile Parazinskaite (LTU) 62 61
Aliona Bolsova Zadoinov (ESP) d. (wc)Katharina Gerlach (GER) 75 75
Bianka Bekefi (HUN) d. Sara Tomic (AUS) 64 64
(2)Constanza Vega (ARG) d. Laura Ucros (COL) 63 62

Trey
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM
(1)Camila Giangreco Campiz (PAR) d. Carolina Meligeni Rodrigues Alves (BRA) 62 62
(8)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Marika Akkerman (CAN) 63 64
(4)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) d. Maria Fernanda Herazo Gonzalez (COL) 36 60 62
Iryna Shymanovich (BLR) d. (Q)Yana Morderger (GER) 61 61

(wc)Tayisiya Morderger (GER) d. (6)Domenica Gonzalez (ECU) 62 62
(3)Victoria Rodriguez (MEX) d. (Q)Ana Bianca Mihaila (ROU) 64 64
(7)Viktoriya Lushkova (UKR) d. Aliona Bolsova Zadoinov (ESP) 62 63
(2)Constanza Vega (ARG) d. Bianka Bekefi (HUN) 63 67(5) 62

Trey
Jun 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Won her Quarterfinal match into the Semifinals

QF (8)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (1)Camila Giangreco Campiz (PAR) 63 36 63

Trey
Jun 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM
SF (8)Sandra Samir (EGY) vs (4)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR)

Trey
Jun 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
lost in the Semifinals (4)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) d. (8)Sandra Samir (EGY) 36 75 60

Trey
Jun 22nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
her side of the draw for AEGON Junior International Roehampton

Camila Giangreco Campiz [7] v. Sandra Samir
WC Maia Lumsden v. Q Szabina Szlavikovics
Hikari Yamaoto v. Iryna Shymanovich
WC Mirabelle Njoze v. Ipek Soylu [10]

Trey
Jun 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Lost in the First round (7)Camila Giangreco Campiz (PAR) d. Sandra Samir (EGY) 36 64 62

Junior WImby Next

Trey
Jun 28th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Main Draw for Junior Wimbledon

(5)Taylor Townsend (USA) v Iryna Shymanovich (BLR)
Sandra Samir (EGY) v (Q)
Constanza Vega (ARG) v (wc)Lana Rush (GBR)
(11/wc)Karin Kennel (SUI) v Kristina Schmiedlova (SVK)

Trey
Jun 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Double Draw

(6)Chirico/Cisneros (USA/MEX) v Kontaveit/Ostapenko (EST/LAT)
Chiesa/Fett (ITA/CRO) v Buayam/Hsu (THA/TPE)
Ip/Ivanova (HKG/USA) v Samir/Xu (EGY/CHN)
(2)Bencic/Uberalova (SUI/SVK) v Christie/Taylor (GBR/GBR)

Trey
Jul 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Won her first round, Plays Taylor Next gonna be tough

Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (Q)Deborah Chiesa (ITA) 46 61 75

TennisGhost
Jul 1st, 2013, 09:48 PM
Her next march will be very tough indeed..

Trey
Jul 1st, 2013, 11:28 PM
^ I like Taylor Townsend but I like too see Sandra breakthrough at an slam & go up in Junior ranking, today she hit around 37 winners but made alot errors as well if she can cut down on errors she might can cause the upset due too the fact Taylor didn't start off well as well in her first match, I say it an 50/50 chance she win.

Trey
Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Lost in the second round

(5)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. Sandra Samir (EGY) 62 64

She seem too put up a better fight in the second set

Trey
Jul 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Won her Double through Samir/Xu (EGY/CHN) def. Ip/Ivanova (HKG/USA) 7-5 4-6 6-1

Plays the number two seeds (2)Bencic/Uberalova (SUI/SVK) next not going be easy but she really need too try win this it could really help her ranking

Trey
Jul 4th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Lost in Doubles (2)Bencic/Uberalova (SUI/SVK) def Samir/Xu (EGY/CHN) 6-1 6-0 excepted a better scoreline

Trey
Jul 22nd, 2013, 10:57 PM
Her Draw

10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh XXVIII, Egypt

(4)Shweta Rana (IND) v Giulia Bruzzone (ITA)
(wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) v (wc)Tanisha Rohira (IND)
(Q)Elizaveta Khabarova (RUS) v (Q)Abigail Guthrie (NZL)
(6)Anna Morgina (RUS) v Varvara Kuznetsova (RUS)

Kutuzova
Jul 22nd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Go Sandra!

Trey
Jul 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh XXVIII, Egypt

R1: (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (wc)Tanisha Rohira (IND) 61 60
R2: Giulia Bruzzone (ITA) d. (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) 63 61

Trey
Jul 26th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Tough lost today I thought she would have been able too win this match consider the player she played wasn't a seeded player but on the bright side she won her first pro match and dominate the match judging by the scoreline & also she got her first WTA Ranking points it only 1 point but something beat nothing, back on the match judging by thee stats she seem too have struggle holding her serve

Trey
Jul 27th, 2013, 02:41 AM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh XXIX, Egypt July 29

Qualifying Draw

Yuriko Miyazaki (JPN) v Victoria Vorontsova (RUS)
Sandra Samir (EGY) v Bye

Trey
Jul 29th, 2013, 11:53 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh XXIX, Egypt July 29

Qualifying Draw

FQR: Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Yuriko Miyazaki (JPN) 60 63

Trey
Jul 29th, 2013, 11:54 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh XXIX, Egypt
Main Draw

(6)Mayar Sherif (EGY) v Andrea Martinovska (CZE)
Fiona Codino (FRA) v (wc)Alessia Piran (ITA)
Danielle Konotoptseva (GBR) v (Q)Sandra Samir (EGY)
(2)Rishika Sunkara (IND) v (SE)Linda Prenkovic (GER)

Shaddad
Jul 31st, 2013, 03:34 AM
:wavey: !الف مبروك لساندرا سمير

Trey
Jul 31st, 2013, 05:09 AM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh XXIX, Egypt

Main Draw

Danielle Konotoptseva (GBR) d. (Q)Sandra Samir (EGY) 76(2) 63

Trey
Jul 31st, 2013, 05:12 AM
She was up 4-1 in the first set & should've really won that set but I guess it all an Learning Experience for her. I hoping she will play more ITF Pro events

Trey
Aug 31st, 2013, 07:20 PM
US Open Junior Tennis Championship

(1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) v (Q)Raveena Kingsley (USA)
Sandra Samir (EGY) v (Q)Naiktha Bains (AUS)
Kristina Schmiedlova (SVK) v (wc)Brooke Austin (USA)
(14)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) v Marie Bouzkova (CZE)

Trey
Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:41 AM
Her Double Draw

(1)Krejcikova/Siniakova (CZE/CZE) v Alves/Tomic (BRA/AUS)
Samir/Wallace (EGY/GBR) v Renaud/Rodriguez (USA/MEX)
(wc)Austin/McCarthy (USA/USA) v Dunne/Jorovic (GBR/SRB)
(5)Kalinina/Shymanovich (UKR/BLR) v Bains/Dair (AUS/KAZ)

Trey
Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:03 AM
WOn the First Round Made a Comeback in the third set was down double break 0-3 and won the next 5 games

R1: Sandra Samir (EGY) def (Q)Naiktha Bains (AUS) 7-6(1) 3-6 6-4

Trey
Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Plays Belinda Bencic next Gonna be tough but she gonna have too play better than what she did today, she hit 15 DF that a number she gonna have to cut down

Silent Bird
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
Good luck to her :)
Where does she train?

Trey
Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Good luck to her :)
Where does she train?

Advantage Tennis Academy

Trey
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Lost in the Second round to the Number 1 Junior, She had a tough draw but I was hoping for a better scoreline I guess she just not at that level yet that Belinda on atm Hopeful she can get some wins in Dubs so her Juniors ranking can go up

R2: (1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) d. Sandra Samir (EGY) 62 62

Trey
Sep 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Double Results

R1: Samir/Wallace (EGY/GBR) d. Renaud/Rodriguez (USA/MEX) 64 36 10-8
R2: (1)Krejcikova/Siniakova (CZE/CZE) d. Samir/Wallace (EGY/GBR) 62 75

Trey
Sep 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Rising as a Tennis Player With Egypt’s Pyramids in View

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/09/04/sports/CITY-JUNIOR-1/CITY-JUNIOR-1-articleLarge.jpg

Some top tennis players grew up near public courts in places like Compton, Calif.; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; and Douglaston, Queens. Some lived in expensive houses overlooking exclusive golf courses, and others were raised near dusty clay courts on islands in the Mediterranean Sea.
Sandra Samir of Egypt grew up in a home with a majestic view of the pyramids of Giza.

“For most people, it is a very special thing to see,” Samir said. “For me, it is just something you see every day.”

Egypt is a land known for many things, including a strong soccer culture and renowned squash stars. But tennis in the shadows of the pyramids and along the banks of the Nile? Not so much.

But Samir, 15, is working to change that perception with her powerful ground strokes and unyielding will to win. She is already the champion of Africa for the under-18 age group, and has led Egypt to a 3-0 record in the Junior Fed Cup.

If there is one trait that defines her, it is her desire to win, which she showed Monday in her first match at the United States Open. (Last year, she and her family were delayed in the customs and immigration checkpoint line at Kennedy International Airport and missed the qualifying draw).

After winning the first set in her first-round juniors match against Naiktha Bains on Monday, Samir waited six and a half hours for the rain to end. She lost the next set and was behind by 0-3 in the third. But she gathered herself and won five straight games and the match, 7-6 (1), 3-6, 6-4.

“That is what she has: she has the heart,” said her father, Sameh.

Sameh Samir is a retired police officer and owner of a diving school in Cairo. His wife, Iman Abdelbaset, is a concert flutist who performed in the Cairo Symphony Orchestra. They met during a traffic stop in Cairo and married a few months later.

Sandra Samir began playing tennis at age 5 with her father, an accomplished player who learned the sport when his family lived in France.

At first it was just a chance for Sandra to follow her older sister, Sereen, 19, who was the first to play. Sereen gradually gave up the sport. But Sandra fell in love with the game, playing on red clay courts in private clubs because Egypt has few, if any, public courts, she said.

Under her father’s guidance, Samir began to thrive. By the time she was 13 and a student at St. Joseph’s School in Cairo, where she learned English and French, Samir surpassed all the other girls in tennis in North Africa.

Around that time, Egypt, especially Cairo, began to convulse with political upheaval. Samir remained focused on her tennis and adjusted her practice schedule around the curfews. But for four days at the height of the violence, she could not leave her home.

Where the Samir family lived in Giza, near the pyramids, it was not dangerous, she said. But to get to the clubs to practice involved driving through neighborhoods embroiled in the unrest.

Eventually, Samir got back on the court, and her game flourished. She was winning tournaments in Tunisia, Kenya and South Africa, and it soon became clear that she would need to move for better competition.

“I used to love that I was the champion of Egypt and Africa,” said Samir, who is ranked 52nd among juniors. “But that is not a pleasure anymore. There are higher goals now, and I am working my butt off to get it.”

In December, the family decided to move to Irvine, Calif., so that Samir could join the Advantage Tennis Academy, a small, high-performance tennis school, to train with Mahmoud Karim, one of the directors.

If there was anyone who could understand Samir’s situation, it was Karim, who moved from Egypt to Florida along with his twin sister, Laila, at age 15 to focus on tennis. They were prodigies with dreams of following in the footsteps of Ismail El Shafei, perhaps Egypt’s most accomplished player, who beat Bjorn Borg in the third round at Wimbledon in 1974.

“I know what it is like to grow up playing tennis in Egypt, and that is what is special about this,” he said. “There are challenges. That is why we are interested in helping other Egyptian players, too.”

Samir lost to the No. 1 seed, Belinda Bencic, 6-2, 6-2, on Tuesday, and then won her doubles match. When her run in the doubles ends, she and her family plan to head back to California.

But Samir said that no matter how high she climbed in tennis, she would always yearn for those pyramid views outside her bedroom window.

“Egypt is my country, and I love being there,” she said. “I love being a tennis player from Egypt.”

Trey
Sep 9th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Sandra Samir & Mahmoud Karim

https://sphotos-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1240192_10153234988250232_940793330_n.jpg

Trey
Sep 27th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Pic of Sandra at Australian Open 2013

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/530617_219829101475716_395107964_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543986_219828701475756_573403008_n.jpg

Silent Bird
Sep 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Nice, she's pretty

Trey
Sep 27th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Her & Novak

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1239502_507285142686571_827383740_n.jpg

Trey
Sep 30th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Played Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Finals

She really did well and true fully IMO lead her team too most there wins but her team couldn't come up back up there results for Egypt too go into the next round here her results

Bolivia d. (7)Egypt 2-1
Natalia De Ugarte d. Habiba Lasheen 63 46 76(2)
Sandra Samir d. Daniela Ruiz 6-1 7-6(4)
De Ugarte/Ruiz d. Samir/Mortagy 76(2) 46 62

(4)Hungay d. (7)Egypt 3-0
Fanni Stollar d. Hana Mortagy 60 60
Anna Bondar d. Sandra Samir 62 75
Bondar/Stolmar d. Samir/Mortagy

(7)Egypt d. New Zealand 2-0
Hana Mortagy d. Ella Hassall 76(3) 60
Sandra Samir d. Rosie Cheng 46 61 63
Samir/Mortagy v Cheng/Hassall 62 26 36

(5)Czech Republic d. (7)Egypt 3-0
Miriam Kolodziejova d. Habiba Lasheen 60 76(3)
Petra Melounova d. Sandra Samir 36 76(2) 76(5)
Kolodziejova/Heinova d. Lasheen/Mortagy 75 60

Egypt vs Slovak Republic

Sandra Samir d. Kristina Schmiedlova 6-1 0-6 6-3

Trey
Sep 30th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Her lost too Petra Melounova was the most disappointed she really should won that match but she choke when trying too close it out

It was the second match that could’ve taken the tie to a decisive doubles match. Sandra Samir won the first set for Egypt 6-3 over Petra Melounova, and was serving for the match at 5-4 with a service break in the second set. Although Samir gave back the break in the 10th game, she was again serving for the match at 6-5 after Melounova lost her serve in the 11th game. For the second time, Samir failed to serve out the match and then only won two points in the tiebreak. The third set went to a tiebreak in which Samir couldn’t hold onto a 5-2 lead, allowing Melounova to win the match 36 76(2) 76(5).

Trey
Oct 5th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Sandra Samir Pic from Junior Fed Cup

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1380043_520530464699295_1206011245_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1374361_521004044651937_528609589_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/541865_521418447943830_791229256_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/934016_521418407943834_1288917755_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1376342_521418361277172_804965742_n.jpg

TennisGhost
Oct 12th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Her & Novak

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1239502_507285142686571_827383740_n.jpg
Who is that on the right?

And when is Sandra's next tournament, btw?

Thanks. :)

Trey
Oct 14th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Who is that on the right?

And when is Sandra's next tournament, btw?

Thanks. :)

^ i don't know who the person I would guess her training or someone that work at Advantage Tennis Academy. As for as her next event I don't know either she was suppose too play at National Bank ITF U18 this week but pull out. I hope she play some ITF pro events at least 2-3

Trey
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:12 PM
She ranked 50 atm in Juniors & unranked on WTA tour, she said around RG that she wanted too be ranked top 10 in Juniors before the year over & ranked around top 500 on WTA ranking, I think that very unlikely to happen this year but I hoping she can atleast make top 20-30 in Junior ranking nine time outta ten she only gonna play 4-5 more Junior event before the year over and her highest junior ranking been 37 so I think she can do it if not next year.

Trey
Oct 23rd, 2013, 10:27 PM
She on the Entry list for Sharm El Sheikh 04 November - 10 November which is the week after next I wonder do will ask for an to play next week at Sharm El Sheikh

Trey
Oct 29th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Sandra WD outta the two ITF Pro Event in Egypt she will play some Junior event through before the year over

Sandra Schedule

XXVII Yucatan Cup

Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships

Orange Bowl

Trey
Nov 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Played Tournament recently won it as well

26th Top Gun Tennis Championships

R1: Sandra Samir d. Tina Mortensen 6-0 6-1
QF: Sandra Samir d. (1) Trang Huynh 6-1 6-2
SF: Sandra Samir d. Rebekkah Ermac WD
F: Sandra Samir d. (3) Carolina Cuevas Bucio 6-1 6-1

Trey
Nov 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Look like she won't be playing no ITF Pro event the rest of this season but she playing three more Junior events I hoping she can at least win one or two of those events and can make and deep run in all three It be nice if she can end the year rank in the top 20-30

Sandra Schedule

XXVII Yucatan Cup

Orange Bowl

Trey
Nov 12th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Some old Video of Sandra the first one is from Junior Fed Cup this year & the another one is from an Event she won earlier this year

eDOZk9RfNS0

QexuINQh8sI

Trey
Nov 25th, 2013, 03:21 PM
XXVII Yucatan Cup

(4)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Jessica Ho (USA)
(LL)Anita Safronenka (BLR) v (wc)Lorena Madahuar (MEX)
Camila Wesbrooks (USA) v (wc)Maria Jose Portillo Ramirez (MEX)
(15)Jacqueline Cabaj Awad (SWE) v Olivia Hauger (USA)

Trey
Nov 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
XXVII Yucatan Cup

R1: (4)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Jessica Ho (USA) 75 61
R2: (4)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (LL)Anita Safronenka (BLR) 64 46 61
R3: (4)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (15)Jacqueline Cabaj Awad (SWE) 60 64
QF: (7)Fanny Stollar(HUN) d. (4)Sandra Samir (EGY) 2-6 6-2 2-6

Double

R1: (3)Sandra Samir/Isabelle Wallace(EGY/GBR) d. Camila Wesbrooks/Claudia Wiktorin (USA) 6-1 7-5
R2: (3)Sandra Samir/Isabelle Wallace(EGY/GBR) v. Lesedi Sheya Jacobs /Theresa Alison Van Zyl (NAM/RSA)

Trey
Nov 29th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Defend all her points from last year but was hoping she could have made an deeper run here at this event at least an Final anyway she still have two more event too play Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships & Orange Bowl Juniors hopefully she can go deep in those events & move up in Junior ranking

Trey
Nov 30th, 2013, 05:33 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1467478_584347484967598_1593692649_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1484142_584238378311842_2085139081_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185139_584238394978507_501418170_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1479050_584347868300893_295106392_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1391743_582712618464418_255738464_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1451584_582712671797746_1250243067_n.jpg

Trey
Nov 30th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Look like Sandra starting used a different tennis racquet

Trey
Dec 2nd, 2013, 02:00 AM

(6)Ioana Ducu (ROU) v Katarina Jokic (BIH)
(wc)Emma Christine Higuchi (USA) v Rebeka Stolmar (HUN)
Usue Maitaine Arconada (USA) v Anastasiya Rychagova (RUS)
(12)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Q/LL

Trey
Dec 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Eddie Herr International Tennis Championship | Sandra Samir inspired by Egyptian roots

http://media.bradenton.com/smedia/2013/12/06/00/07/vzRNR.AuSt.69.jpeg

BRADENTON -- Growing up in Egypt, Sandra Samir had to use her ingenuity to pursue her dream of become a world renowned tennis player.

There is not an abundance of tennis facilities, and elite athletes are swayed toward soccer and squash.

The political upheaval in Egypt adds more obstacles, and there is not an abundance of household tennis names.

But Samir has not allowed those factors to discourage her.

Before she was tall enough to reach over the nets, Samir realized all the inspiration she ever needed was not far from her doorstep.

She grew up in the city of Giza, known for its pyramids and some of the most compelling sites in the world, including the Great Sphinx and the Great Pyramid of Giza.

"It inspired me to know that there were people, ancient Egyptians, who built that and I am a part of that. The families gave their lives to building those pyramids and I appreciate that. Now I would like to build a tennis career and so something for my country that way,"

Samir said after a 6-2, 6-3 win over Emma Higuchi in their third round match Thursday in the girls 18s division of the IMG Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Tournament.

Samir, who turned 16 about a month ago, thrives on challenges. It's what initially drew her to tennis. She says her passion comes from her father, Sameh, who was a boxer in his youth and recently retired as a policeman in Egypt.

"I love tennis because you have to be a fighter to be successful, and I am a fighter," Samir said. "My dad was a boxer and taught me a lot. I got that fire from him. I don't like team sports because if you lose it's 'you did this and you did that.' You don't get that in tennis. You win for yourself and play for yourself."

Things are not easy in Egypt these days because of the political unrest, making it extremely difficult for someone trying to pursue a tennis career.

For almost three years, there have been widespread protests in Egypt. In July, a new government was installed amid even more havoc and violence.

"There were times when I couldn't get out of the house, and there was a stretch where I was confined to the house for about 10 days because there was shooting and violence," Samir said.

"It's made me mentally tough and I feel I can face anything. But I want to be the first one from my country to do something in tennis. It's made me sad what is happening there. I hope it gets better before I go back."

The upheaval in Egypt and tennis in general have caused Samir to mature quickly and made personal discipline a priority. She started traveling alone at age 12 to attend tennis events in what she describes as on-the-job training for life. She moved to California about a year ago to take advantage of the opportunities in the United States.

"When you are first on your own, you do things that aren't good for you like not eating right and going to bed too late, but you learn that isn't the right way to do things," Samir said.

Now Samir takes nothing for granted and lives a highly disciplined life that is geared to help her reach her potential. Her goals have increased significantly.

She is the champion of Africa for the under-18 age group and a key player on Egypt's Junior Fed Cup team. It used to satisfy her, but now she has raised her personal bar.

"I want more. My sights now are set on the Australian Open," said Samir, who is 52nd in the ITF junior rankings. "I went there last year for my first grand slam, and I was caught up in all the excitement and didn't play my best. This time I am going to give it 100-percent effort."

Trey
Dec 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Into the Finals at Eddie Herr

R1: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (Q)Mira Ruder-Hook (USA) 61 63
R2: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Anastasiya Rychagova (RUS) 36 62 64
R3: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (wc)Emma Christine Higuchi (USA) 63 62
QF: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Sofia Kenin (USA) 64 36 61
SF: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 36 63 61
F: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) v. (10)Jelena Ostapenko (LAT)

Trey
Dec 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Ostapenko and Samir Will Decide Girls Title

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZASEHNfgyV8/UqPXg0DztWI/AAAAAAAAYhI/owaPIv6A9fg/s320/Samir12-7-13.jpg

The girls final will feature two 16-year-olds, in No. 10 seed Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia and No. 12 seed Sandra Samir of Egypt.

Samir ended the run of unseeded Jaqueline Cristian of Romania 3-6, 6-3, 6-1, finding her form midway through the second set and rolling through the third.

"My coach has been supportive all match, and he's knows when I've been dropping," said Samir, who trains at the Advantage Academy in Irvine, California. "He's giving me that look, like let's go, let's fight, and that pumped me up."

At 1-1 in the third set, Samir won the next five games to reach her first Grade 1 final.

"The third set was good, because I started pushing from the beginning and that's what got me through to finish it," said Samir, whose favorite surface is clay. "The beginning of the set is the most important thing and I started it really good."

Ostapenko's 7-5, 3-6, 6-4 win over top seed Flink was hardly a thing of beauty, with both players struggling through a long stretches of unforced errors and double faults.

"I played good today, but not my best tennis," said Ostapenko. "I think I could play much better, and I could have won the second set. I had so many chances win my serve and I did so many double faults and a lot of stupid mistakes and that's why it was three sets."

The match, over two and a half hours long, was lengthened considerably by mark checking and point replays, with the line umpires being overruled by the chair, who was not having a great day either. After calling first set score as 3-3, when it was really 4-2, there was a long discussion, with the tournament referee finally going on court to confirm the chair's scorecard. Flink's coach, watching from the bleachers, was irate that Ostapenko argued for the 3-3 score, and when the match finally ended, Flink did not shake Ostapenko's hand, and the coach had harsh words with Ostapenko afterward.

The third set began with five straight service breaks, with Ostapenko getting the rare hold, then breaking Flink again, for a 5-2 lead. Serving for the match, Ostapenko didn't get to match point, with Flink breaking, then holding, for the first time in the set, with back-to-back aces. Given a second chance to serve it out, Ostapenko did get to match point, but missed a backhand at 40-30. She saved a break point with a backhand winner, and her second match point was lost when Flink teed off on a second serve, crushing a backhand return for a winner. But Ostapenko, who takes the ball early and hits it close to the lines, pounded an inside in forehand winner for her third match point, and she converted it with another big forehand that forced a Flink error.

Ostapenko defeated Samir 6-3, 6-4 in the second round of the Australian Open this year in their only previous meeting.

"I think in Australia I was playing really good, it was my good tennis," said Ostapenko, who has won two ITF Grade 1 titles, both on European clay. "I am looking forward tomorrow to playing the same tennis as the Australian Open."

Trey
Dec 9th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Lost in the Finals at the Eddie Herr International Junior Event. still an good week for her hopefully she can go deep at the Orange Bowl

R1: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (Q)Mira Ruder-Hook (USA) 61 63
R2: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Anastasiya Rychagova (RUS) 36 62 64
R3: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (wc)Emma Christine Higuchi (USA) 63 62
QF: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Sofia Kenin (USA) 64 36 61
SF: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 36 63 61
F: (10)Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) d. (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) 61 36 63

Trey
Dec 9th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Majchrzak Takes Eddie Herr ITF Title in Thriller, Ostapenko Wins Girls Championship; Americans Neff, Sewing, Altick and Perez Claim Titles

The girls final also went to three sets, with No. 10 seed Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia defeating No. 12 seed Sandra Samir of Egypt 6-1, 3-6, 6-3.

Ostapenko bolted out to a quick 4-1 lead in the first set, as Samir struggled with her serve, and only 20 minutes into the match, Ostapenko was halfway to her third ITF Grade 1 title.

But Samir had come from a set down twice during the week, and she picked up her level, while Ostapenko's dropped in the second set. The games were closer and the points were longer, but Ostapenko, who had beaten top seed Varvara Flink Saturday afternoon, was not able to find her rhythm. Samir stayed in the points longer leaving Ostapenko vulnerable to unforced errors.

In the third set, just as in her third set against Flink, there were five consecutive breaks of serve, and during that stretch Ostapenko double faulted three consecutive times to be broken for 1-1. But it was the 16-year-old Latvian who got the first hold, and with another break, with Samir double faulting on game point, Ostapenko was serving for the match at 5-2.

Samir had a brief visit from the trainer at the changeover at 5-2, but there was no delay to disrupt Ostapenko. She failed to get to match point, double faulting at 30-30 and sending a backhand long on the next point.

Samir badly needed her first hold of the third set to put the pressure back on Ostapenko, but she missed two backhands and watched an Ostapenko forehand winner whiz by her. Samir saved two of the match points by forcing an error on the first and putting in a good first serve on the second, but Ostapenko made no mistake on the third, hitting a big backhand into the corner and putting away Samir's reply with a short angled forehand.

"In the beginning I started really well," said Ostapenko. "In the second set, she played really good, but I didn't play my best tennis. In the third set, I had to come back, because it was the final, and it was important to win this match."

Ostapenko recalled her match two years ago on the same court, where she lost to wild card Danielle Collins 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 as a 14-year-old playing the 18s.

"I remember losing to American girl, who had wild card, and I lost in three sets, it was a really good match," Ostapenko said. "I was crying after the match, I was so sad that I lost. Now I am so happy, this is a really nice tournament and a lot of good players were playing. The girl I played against today is also a really good player."

Samir was philosophical about her loss in the final and pleased with her tournament overall.

"I should have ended better than that, but I'm learning," said the 16-year-old, who has trained at the Advantage Academy in Irvine, California for more than a year. "My serve gave me a little bit of trouble, but overall I think I played good, and next week is going to be better. Every match I win or I lose gives me stuff to learn. I think I'm going to learn what I did wrong in this match, and I'm not going to do it again next week."

Trey
Dec 9th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Some pic of Sandra from Eddie Herr International Junior

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7404/11273413173_c4d9e88663_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/11243329534_1ca9008f81_c.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2868/11273173656_3aaf1fea2a_c.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2809/11256251445_cac79565b0_c.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2827/11273145325_d2df50097a_c.jpg

Trey
Dec 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/11243369233_25261980ae_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/11228480135_5f15e33977_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3736/11228591183_d02cab1883_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3688/11256239616_296a196d55_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5495/11256248484_bcd404419f_c.jpg

Trey
Dec 9th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Orange Bowl International Championship

(12)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Natalia Vikhlyantseva (RUS)
(wc)Katerina Stewart (USA) v Theresa Alison Van Zyl (RSA)
(Q)Caroline Dolehide (USA) v Bianka Bekefi (HUN)
(6)Ioana Ducu (ROU) v Michaela Gordon (USA)

Trey
Dec 13th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Lost in the third round kinda disappointed lost but I guess she might have been tired from last week final at Eddie Herr International Junior

Orange Bowl International Championship

R1: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Natalia Vikhlyantseva (RUS) 63 75
R2: (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (wc)Katerina Stewart (USA) 64 63
R3: (6)Ioana Ducu (ROU) d. (12)Sandra Samir (EGY) 61 62

Trey
Dec 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM
New Junior Ranking 32 an Career High, Hopefully next year she can crack top 10-20

Trey
Jan 8th, 2014, 11:21 PM
A Video from here Eddie Herr International Junior Final

8J0rFhbFB-g

Trey
Jan 13th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Won't be playing Junior Australian Open this year instead she will be playing an ITF in Egypt

Trey
Jan 13th, 2014, 10:34 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh F1,

(5)Ling Zhang (HKG) v (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY)
(Q)Ipek Soylu (TUR) v Nozomi Fujioka (JPN)
(Q)Deborah Cruciani (ITA) v (Q)Polina Novoselova (RUS)
(2)Zi Yang (CHN) v (Q)Risa Hasegawa (JPN)

Trey
Jan 28th, 2014, 05:36 PM
ITF Juniors Tennis Club Hammam-Sousse, Tunisia, G2

(1)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Lina Qostal (MAR)
Holly Hutchinson (GBR) v Bianca Turati (ITA)
Anastasiya Shoshyna (UKR) v (Q)Yana Kochneva (RUS)
(6)Nina Potocnik (SLO) v Georgina Axon (GBR)

Trey
Jan 30th, 2014, 02:13 AM
ITF Juniors Tennis Club Hammam-Sousse, Tunisia, G2

R1: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Lina Qostal (MAR) 62 61
R2: Bianca Turati (ITA) d. (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) 61 36 63

Trey
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:19 PM
ITF Juniors Tennis Club Hammamet, Tunisia, G2

(1)Sandra Samir (EGY) v (Q)Anastasiya Shoshyna (UKR)
Maia Lumsden (GBR) v Tereza Kolarova (CZE)
Mirabelle Njoze (GBR) v (Q)Anna Turati (ITA)
(6)Bianka Bekefi (HUN) v Petia Arshinkova (BUL)

Trey
Feb 9th, 2014, 03:28 PM
ITF Juniors Tennis Club Hammamet, Tunisia

R1: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (Q)Anastasiya Shoshyna (UKR) 61 36 60
R2: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Tereza Kolarova (CZE) 63 63
QF: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Mirabelle Njoze (GBR) 63 62
SF: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Marie-Alexandre Leduc (CAN) 6-3 7-5
F: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (3)Anna Bondar (HUN) 6-4 76(2)

Trey
Feb 9th, 2014, 03:32 PM
:bounce: first junior title for the year & sixth overall

Trey
Feb 15th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Made the finals at Mediterranee Avenir, Morocco, G1 lost too Paula Badosa Gibert, tough lost but still an good week

Mediterranee Avenir, Morocco, G1

R1: (2)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Bye
R2: (2)Sandra Samir (EGY)d. Lina Qostal (MAR) 6-2 6-4
R3: (2)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Margaux Bovy (BEL) 6-3 6-3
QF: (2)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (5)Anna Bondar (HUN) 4-6 6-4 6-4
SF: (2)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Manca Pislak (SLO) 6-3 6-2
F: (Q)Paula Badosa Gibert (ESP) d. (2)Sandra Samir (EGY) 6-4 6-4

Trey
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:54 PM
Won another Junior Title

ITF/CAT African Closed Junior 18U Championships, Morocco, GB2

R1: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Bye
R2: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Sihem Sahli (ALG) 60 60
R3: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Ghita Benhadi (MAR) 63 60
QF: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (4)Lesedi Sheya Jacobs (NAM) 63 62
SF: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (3)Theresa Alison Van Zyl (RSA) 63 61
F: (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Mayar Sherif (EGY) 63 26 60

Trey
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:58 PM
Pictures from the two Finals she won this years

ITF Juniors Tennis Club Hammamet, Tunisia

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/p180x540/1656197_588413107907107_915136070_n.jpg

Trey
Feb 23rd, 2014, 05:00 PM
ITF/CAT African Closed Junior 18U Championships

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1452262_594961843918900_312810933_n.jpg

Trey
Feb 23rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
Junior champion Sandra Africa after the final Egyptian sincere and Egypt wins the gold medal and silver together under 18 years old

"Sandra champion after the final pure Egyptian, Egypt wins gold and silver together under 18 bounce back" managed the national team player Sandra Tanner and her world ranking (No. 17) sparkle in the African Championship for under-18 tennis players category for beginners and bounce back in Morocco from 17-22 September 2014.

Sandra where she won first place and the Gold Medal of women's individual competition under 18 years after a series of victories during the tournament, faced with many players Sandra from different countries to the second round after receiving a BYE in the first round to meet Algeria player and win the 6/0 6/0 and up to the round of 16 and won the player of Morocco 6-3, 6-0 to move up to the quarter-finals and beat Namibia Player 6/3, 6/2 to hit the floor Before the final, South Africa player met and overcome 6/3 6/1 to move up to the finals and meet her teammate mayar Sharif becomes the ultimate pure Egyptian highlights all of the infected people skills altnset to win Sandra Sameh two front group to become the score 6/3-2/6 6/0.

As for the under-18 doubles won both bounce back from Sandra Smith and mayar sherief first place after Morocco faced on laabeti 6/0-6/2.

The Group was accompanied by both Captain Mohammed Ramadan and Captain Khalid Farooq, also participated in the tournament both the players and the players Akram genealogists-Youssef, Hossam-mohab Hamid-Nabil Fuad Omar podaxis-Sandra Smith-Dina lasheen-sweetheart cameo Nermin shawky mayar sherief.
The tournament was participated in the following States: Burundi, South Africa, Kenya, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Côte d'Ivoire, Morocco, Mauritius, Egypt, Nigeria, Algeria – Botswana – Rwanda – Lesotho – Tanzania – Namibia Madagascar

Trey
Mar 11th, 2014, 07:28 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh, F9, Egypt,

(7)Ana Veselinovic (MNE) v (wc)Costanza Pera (ITA)
(wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Zuzana Luknarova (SVK)
Vitalia Diatchenko (RUS) v (Q)Vincenza Ciraolo (ITA)
(4)Conny Perrin (SUI) v Sara Eccel (ITA)

Trey
Mar 12th, 2014, 10:38 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh, F9, Egypt

R1: Zuzana Luknarova (SVK) d. (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) 67(5) 64 62

Trey
Mar 12th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Tough lost :sad: playing another two ITF in upcoming weeks

Trey
Mar 18th, 2014, 01:29 AM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh, F10, Egypt

(4)Prarthana G. Thombare (IND) v Sara Eccel (ITA)
(Q)Emma Laine (FIN) v Danielle Konotoptseva (GBR)
Alice Savoretti (ITA) v Mayar Sherif (EGY)
(8)Fatma Al Nabhani (OMA) v (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY)

Trey
Mar 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh, F10, Egypt

R1: (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (8)Fatma Al Nabhani (OMA) 63 36 40 Ret.
R2: Alice Savoretti (ITA) d. (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) 57 75 61

Trey
Mar 20th, 2014, 04:38 PM
really should won her second round match today was up 7-5, 5-3 Then serve for it at 7-5, 5-4 but after that lost the last 10 of the next 11 games

Trey
Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:38 PM
From the U.S. Open Last year

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5472/9697237066_c73c0e0dea_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/fLUSJw)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2874/9694007953_f5ba6b5972_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/fLCjQa)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5336/9677322971_05e6a7ffbb_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/fK9NY4)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3719/9697236716_fd8179df24_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/fLUSCu)

Trey
Mar 31st, 2014, 03:41 PM
USTA International Spring Championships, G1

(1)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Emma Christine Higuchi (USA)
Christina Makarova (USA) v Rachel Chong (USA)
Mary Catherine Haffey (USA) v (wc)Jada Myii Hart (USA)
(16)Cassandra Vazquez (MEX) v (wc)Alexandra Letzt (USA)

Trey
Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:02 PM

R1: Emma Christine Higuchi (USA) d. (1)Sandra Samir (EGY) 61 64

Trey
Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
disappointing first round lost :o hopefully she regroups & does better in Doubles

Trey
Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Higuchi Upsets Top Seed Samir in Opening Round of International Spring Championships; Second Seed Kenin Survives Wind and Failla to Advance

On the day WTA No. 1 Serena Williams lost her first match at the Family Circle Cup to 78th-ranked Jana Cepelova of Slovakia, Emma Higuchi's 6-1 ,6-4 win over top seed Sandra Samir at the International Spring Championships in Carson may not make as many headlines, but it was significant for Higuchi.

Samir, a 16-year-old from Egypt who trains at the Advantage Academy in Irvine, had beaten Higuchi 6-3, 6-2 at the Eddie Herr last December, but Higuchi was able to look back positively on that result.

"The first few games were pretty close, so I knew if I just stayed solid and played aggressive I thought I could pull it out maybe," said the 16-year-old from Los Angeles, who trains at the tournament site with USTA Player Development. "But I knew it was going to be a tough one, and it was."

The first set was all Higuchi, who hit a significant number of overhead and swinging volley winners, while Samir struggled with her serve. In 37 minutes, Higuchi had secured the first set, and Samir continued to have difficulty serving, double faulting on break point in her first two serve games. Higuchi took a 5-1 lead, and served for the match at 5-2, but didn't have a match point, as Samir finally found her game.

"The first set she wasn't playing very well," Higuchi said. "So all I had to do was just make balls, but I still had to be aggressive. The second set I got up, and she started playing better and I got really tight."

Serving for the match for a second time at 5-4, Higuchi fell behind 15-30, but Samir contributed a forehand error to make it 30-30. A return error gave Higuchi her first match point, and she converted it, blasting a backhand down the line for a clean winner to seal the victory.

Higuchi, who says the tournament "feels like home," reached the final at the ITF Grade 4 last week in Claremont. Getting through some tough matches there prepared her for a difficult opening round contest, but she wasn't dismayed when she saw the draw.

"I actually really wanted to play her, because I lost to her," said Higuchi. "I was really excited to play her. Why not?"

Higuchi's road doesn't get much easier in the second round, where she'll meet Christina Makarova, a semifinalist at Carson last year, and formerly ranked as high as No. 11 in the ITF junior rankings. Makarova defeated Rachel Chong 6-2, 6-1 in her first round match today.

Second seed Sofia Kenin had her hands full with qualifier Jessica Failla, needing three hours and thirty minutes to post a 6-7(11), 7-5, 6-1 victory. The first set, which took over an hour and a half to complete, saw each player save three sets points in the tiebreaker, before Failla finally converted on her fourth.

The gusty winds, sometimes over 20 miles per hour, made any second serve an adventure, and both Failla and Kenin suffered and overcame double faults in the tiebreaker. At 11-11 in the tiebreaker, Kenin double faulted, with her second serve barely reaching the net, and this time she was unable to overcome it. Failla, a 16-year-old USC recruit from the San Diego area, missed her first serve, which had frequently meant a double fault was coming, but she hit her second serve as if it was her first and it went in, with Kenin missing the return wide.

Failla went up an early break in the second set, but with conditions making holding serve a challenge, Kenin was not discouraged.

"I knew she was a really good player and she was going to fight no matter what," said Kenin, who took a wild card into this tournment after losing in the third round of the Grade A in Brazil last week. "I started out not so good in the second set, but I knew I had to keep fighting and somehow adjust to the weather. You are either attacking on one side or balls are coming all short. And it's really hard on the toss, and we both made many double faults."

Both girls double faulted to lose their first service game of the third set, but Kenin held for 2-1, and Failla looked increasingly fatigued as the match approached the three-hour mark.

"I knew she was still trying to battle in the third set, and at the beginning of the third set it was really close," the 15-year-old Floridian said. "I knew I had to push a little harder and hopefully she would break down, which she did."

Kenin's next opponent is Abi Altick, who played her first round on Monday.

In addition to Samir, two other girls seeds lost Tuesday, with Caroline Turner beating No. 13 seed Adeliya Zabirova of Russia 6-2, 6-2 and Ellyse Hamil defeating Emilie Francati of Denmark 6-4, 6-2.

Trey
Apr 6th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Rebound from her first round lost & won the double title with Gabby Faith Andrews

R1: Gabrielle Faith ANDREWS (USA) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [7] def Alexa BORTLES (USA) / Jaclyn O'Brien SWITKES (USA) 7-6(7) 6-1
R2: Gabrielle Faith ANDREWS (USA) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [7] def Ena SHIBAHARA (USA) / Savannah SLAYSMAN (USA) 1-6 6-4 [10-8]
QF: Gabrielle Faith ANDREWS (USA) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [7] def Ellyse HAMLIN (USA) / Kaitlyn MCCARTHY (USA) [2] 7-6(1) 6-2
SF: Gabrielle Faith ANDREWS (USA) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [7] def Kelly CHEN (USA) / Jessica HO (USA) [6] 7-6(2) 6-2
F: Gabrielle Faith ANDREWS (USA) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [7] def Francesca DI LORENZO (USA) / Caroline DOLEHIDE (USA) 3-6 6-4 [10-5]

Trey
Apr 6th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Gabby Andrews & Sandra Samir Double International Spring Championships

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9jy205vJQUA/U0DSeecyRPI/AAAAAAAAZS4/DyEtsKnNF3I/s1600/SamirAndrews.jpg

The doubles champions were crowned on Saturday, with Gabby Andrews picking up her third International Spring Championships title, this time with Sandra Samir. Andrews and Samir, the No. 7 seeds, defeated unseeded Caroline Dolehide and Francesca Di Lorenzo 3-6, 6-4, 10-5.

Andrews, who won her two previous titles in 2011 and 2012 with Taylor Townsend, knew Samir only from occasional contact at the Advantage Tennis Academy, where both train, although Andrews goes there only three times a week.

"We never played doubles there," said Samir, who is from Egypt. "Since I am always traveling and she only comes three days a week."

"It was sort of out of the blue," said Andrews. "I saw her at the Academy, but we really weren't practicing or anything, but she called me and I thought, well, she's a good tennis player, the No. 1 seed in the tournament, so why not?"

Samir saw the advantages of teaming up with a two-time junior slam doubles champion.

"I feel like someone's got my back," said Samir. "I don't have to worry. She's a really good doubles player, a really good tennis player."

Andrews said her experience in match tiebreakers was also critical in overcoming their slow start.

"I think it's all from me and Taylor," Andrews said of her partner in the the 2012 Australian and US Open Junior doubles championships. "We have this mindset that we're going to have a stronger mind than the other people. We've been in a lot of third sets and I've just gotten used to staying focused, being confident."

Trey
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Two Another Pictures of Sandra & Gabby

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/971303_614927611922323_1847025729_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10155609_617786614965070_7472255307361384964_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Another Pic of Sandra & Gabby

http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/25/GalleryMainDimensionId/ISC_Trophy_G18D_2014_139.jpg

Trey
Apr 9th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Egypt Minister of Youth & Sports Honors

Minister of Youth & Sports honors on Tuesday 25 March 2014 leadership team building the national under 14 & 16 on the African Championship junior shield by Kenya elected 18 years also honored on supervisory results they have achieved in African Championship in Morocco

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10151863_609693592445725_50904789_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10001584_609693545779063_1435297667_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10153779_609693449112406_1589669330_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10153665_609693402445744_173338741_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 9th, 2014, 03:26 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10156129_609693319112419_77959722_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10003124_609693239112427_1779603008_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1962886_609693052445779_1767249436_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1526507_609693009112450_1632805969_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 9th, 2014, 03:29 PM
More Pic

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10004029_609692975779120_627110127_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1606925_609693359112415_1412900459_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1920474_609693119112439_1734942435_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/485473_609693092445775_1844858436_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 21st, 2014, 04:02 PM
Some Video Interviews of Sandra

p9adrUuzGeE

ZHmKKGU7-Js

QPPcZpDb2TA

aNkEN-D7dSY

Trey
Apr 21st, 2014, 05:05 PM
Sandra Played Fed Cup for her Country Egypt last week here they result

Georgia def Egypt 3:0

Ekaterine Gorgodze def Sandra Samir 7-5 6-3

Sofia Shapatava def Mayar Sherif 6-1 6-1

Oksana Kalashnikova/Sofia Shapatava def Ola Abou Zekry/Mayar Sherif 6-2 6-3

Bos/Herz def Egypt 2:1

Sandra Samir def Dea Herdželaš 4–6, 6–4, 6–2

Jasmina Tinjic def Mayar Sherif 6-3 6-3

Anita Husaric/Jasmina Tinjic def Ola Abou Zekry/Mayar Sherif 2-6 7-5 6-3

South Africa def Egypt 3:0

Madrie Le Roux def Sandra Samir 6-3 6-2

Chanel Simmonds def Mayar Sherif 6-1 1-0 Retired

Natasha Fourouclas/Natalie Grandin def Sandra Samir/Ola Abou Zekry 7-5 6-4

Relegation Play-off

Egypt def Lithuania 2:1

Sandra Samir def Akvilė Paražinskaitė 2-6 7-6(2) 6-4

Lina Stanciute def Ola Abou Zekry 6-4 6-4

Ola Abou Zekry/Mayar Sherif def Justina Mikulskyte/Lina Stanciute 7-5 7-6(4)

Trey
Apr 21st, 2014, 05:07 PM
Really led Team & Country too most of there wins

Trey
Apr 21st, 2014, 05:34 PM
Some Picture from Fed Cup

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1480622_621549597926791_4140796261592670777_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1010210_621549567926794_3791735483499440349_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/923566_621549547926796_4584693054871622180_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Picture From after Fed Cup

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10256576_622700494478368_8885886298654594741_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1512420_622700561145028_3377056893953880518_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1911712_623002954448122_7385492524197523545_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1505090_623003107781440_5888865199592909100_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:55 PM
More Pic

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10254980_623003301114754_470581516080119474_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10245573_623003374448080_8630862104845532572_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Minister of youth and sports, Mr. Khaled Abdul Aziz honours heroes of tennis ladies on their win in the women's World Cup in Lithuania

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10150743_624272580987826_3706976685309162073_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10247469_624272760987808_6928979866587291007_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1798246_624272804321137_4236670830904578434_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10172740_624272830987801_3552545712430827817_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10176250_624272904321127_189961091641692156_n.jpg

Trey
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:03 PM
More Picture From the Minister of youth and sports

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10301056_624272957654455_6382807759985205414_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10250198_624273140987770_4006648541587441816_n.jpg

Trey
May 12th, 2014, 03:49 AM
36° Torneo "Citta Di Santa Croce" Mauro Sabatini, Italy, G1

(5)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Bye
(SE)Tatiana Pieri (ITA) v Chiara Grimm (SUI)
Akvile Parazinskaite (LTU) v Roos Van der Zwaan (NED)
(12)Evgeniya Levashova (RUS) v Bye

Trey
May 17th, 2014, 01:50 AM
36° Torneo "Citta Di Santa Croce" Mauro Sabatini, Italy, G1

R1: Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [5] BYE
R2: Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [5] d. Tatiana PIERI (ITA) 6-2 6-1
R3: Akvile PARAZINSKAITE (LTU) d. Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [5] 6-3 6-3

Double

R1: Anastasiya KOMARDINA (RUS) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [2] BYE
R2: Anastasiya KOMARDINA (RUS) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [2] d. Vera LAPKO (BLR) / Aleksandra POSPELOVA (RUS) 7-5 6-7(2) [10-3]
QF: Ziyue SUN (CHN) / Qiu Yu YE (CHN) [5] d. Anastasiya KOMARDINA (RUS) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) [2] 7-5 6-4

Trey
May 19th, 2014, 02:48 AM
55° Trofeo Bonfiglio, Italy, GA

(6)Jil Belen Teichmann (SUI) v Katarina Jokic (SRB)
(Q)Seone Mendez (AUS) v (wc)Giulia Sartori (ITA)
(Q)Mirabelle Njoze (GBR) v Anastasia Nefedova (RUS)
(10)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU)

abollo
May 26th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Is Sandra really in Gabrone the week before Roland Garros?

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Is Sandra really in Gabrone the week before Roland Garros?

Yes she did play in Gaborone about update the results ;)

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Latest Results from Sandra

55° Trofeo Bonfiglio, Italy, GA

R1: Sandra Samir (EGY) [10] def Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 6-3 6-4
R2: Sandra Samir (EGY) [10] def Mirabelle Njoze (GBR) 6-4 6-4
R3: Jil Belen Teichmann (SUI) [6] def Sandra Samir (EGY) [10] 6-2 6-2

Doubles

R1: Viktoria KUZMOVA (SVK) / Kristina SCHMIEDLOVA (SVK) [5] def Sandra SAMIR (EGY) / Isabelle WALLACE (GBR) 7-5 2-6 [10-6]

2nd African Youth Games , Gaborone, Botswana 2014 Olympic 2014

R1: Sandra Samir vs BYE
R2: Sandra Samir def Lisa Moolman 6-3 4-6 6-2
QF: Chiraz Bechri def Sandra Samir 6-4 6-7(5) 6-2

Doubles

R1: Sandra Samir/Habiba Lasheen vs BYE
QF: Sandra Samir/Habiba Lasheen def Mariam Mujawimana/Olive Tuyisenge 6-3 6-0
SF: Lesedi Sheya Jacobs/Lisa Moolman def Sandra Samir/Habiba Lasheen 6-4 7-6(4)

Position 3-4: Sandra Samir/Habiba Lasheen def Janet Koch/Sarah Rose Sarjoo 2-6 7-5 10-8

Mixed Doubles

R1: Youssef Hossam/Sandra Samir def Kukutla Motlojoa/Claudia Sumaya 6-0 6-0
QF: Youssef Hossam/Sandra Samir def Amelie Boy/Dylan Foo-Kone 6-3 6-7(3) 11-9
SF: Youssef Hossam/Sandra Samir def Janet Koch/Kris Ian Van Wyk 6-0 7-6(5)
F: Youssef Hossam/Sandra Samir def S. Mbaya/I. Changawa Mzai 6-3 6-3

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 05:03 AM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10390007_642445995837151_4886376593403117055_n.jpg

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Roland Garros Junior French Championships

R1: Fanny Stollár (HUN) def. (15)Sandra Samir (EGY) 62 63

Doubles

R1: Priscilla HON (AUS) / Jil Belen TEICHMANN (SUI) [2] def Sandra SAMIR (EGY) / Isabelle WALLACE (GBR) 7-6(4) 6-4

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Didn't have an great Clay season but she been suffer with an back injury as of late

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Some photo of her from French Open

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpJ5y6QIIAETOiC.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpJ-wvfIcAAUOM3.jpg

Trey
Jun 6th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Egyptian junior Sandra Samir happy to develop at a steady pace

http://sport360.com/sites/default/files/styles/x644/public/article/03-Sandra-Samir-%28Read-Only%29.jpg?itok=Vu4QKQHz

Egyptian junior Sandra Samir admits she’s inspired by the success of Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic on the women’s tour and hopes to be in her shoes next year.

Samir, ranked 17 in the world junior rankings, was the only Arab playing in any main draw in Paris this fortnight but suffered a double blow on Monday by falling in her opening rounds in both singles and doubles.

The 16-year-old, who reached the final of the prestigious Eddie Herr Championships last December, is yet to fully recover from a lower back injury and will undergo scans on Tuesday to see if she can resume her heavy schedule which includes appearances at Wimbledon, the Youth Olympics in Nanjing and the US Open.

Samir, seed 15 in Paris, lost yesterday to Hungarian Fanny Stollar 6-2, 6-3 before partnering Great Britain’s Isabelle Wallace in a 7-6 (4), 6-4 defeat to No2 seeds Priscilla Hon and Jil Belen Teichmann.

The young Egyptian, who made the second round in Paris last year, moved to California after that and has been training at Advantage Academy with coach Mahmoud Karim.

She says she’s greatly improved her game since then and has been getting professional training she was previously lacking in Cairo.

“Life there is organised. I attend my school classes online, the day is systematic,” Samir told Sport360. “In Egypt, I have to make a zillion calls to see who I’m going to practice. Really good coaches, Mahmoud Karim and Jimmy Johnson – they can see potential in me and want to raise my level. they are taking me as a challenge. I’m happy there.

“ Life is different and of course I miss Egypt and my family but we visit each other and we find a way. I’m sure my parents want the best for me and that’s why they sent me there. They’re investing in me and I hope not to disappoint.

“I changed a lot of things in my game. Every player is very protective over their game and it took me a while to allow anyone to change things in my game but Mahmoud my coach managed to gain my trust.

“And after training hard with him I made the final at the Eddie Herr Championships and the quarter-finals at the Orange Bowl. So I did really well since I joined them.”

Samir says she hopes to emulate the likes of Bencic and Taylor Townsend, who had lots of success on the junior stage and have now stepped up to the women’s circuit.

“I played Bencic before and lost 4 and 4. She is a very good player obviously but if we look at how she reached this level, you’ll see that it was planned for her to reach all this when she was as young as 12 years old. She always had her coach, her fitness coach, the federation spends money on her, she had sponsors… all this,” said Samir.

“I’m late in all this. It’s not too bad to be late, especially coming from the Middle East – my plan only started recently. So there’s a difference in resources and conditions for practicing which is why Bencic is ahead of me. But that gives me the motivation that next year I want to be in her shoes.”

Samir added that she's targeting a top-eight finish in the year-end junior rankings so she can play next years Juniors Masters event and will spend the last four months of this season playing $25Ks and $10Ks on the women's circuit, in efforts to enter the top-250 in the WTA rankings, which would give her a shot at making the qualifying cut for the 2015 Australian Open.

Trey
Jun 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh F22, Egypt

(1)Anna Morgina (RUS) v Sabrina Bamburac (GBR)
Francesca Stephenson (GBR) v (Q)Martina Caciotti (ITA)
(Q)Maria Siopacha (CYP) v Ksenia Dmitrieva (RUS)
(6)Danielle Konotoptseva (GBR) v (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY)

abollo
Jun 10th, 2014, 09:40 AM
I think it was a bit unwise to play 3 events on hard court the week before Roland Garros. Wasn't she getting accepted in the Youth Olympics anyway?
I watched her matches in Roland Garros. She improved alot than the last time I saw her play, but I think her serve needs major adjustments. And as Trey said she was suffering some injury.
Hoping she starts playing more futures and get a WTA ranking soon.

Trey
Jun 10th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I think it was a bit unwise to play 3 events on hard court the week before Roland Garros. Wasn't she getting accepted in the Youth Olympics anyway?
I watched her matches in Roland Garros. She improved alot than the last time I saw her play, but I think her serve needs major adjustments. And as Trey said she was suffering some injury.
Hoping she starts playing more futures and get a WTA ranking soon.

I haven't seen her play since USTA International Spring Championships earlier this yr. & I would agree her serve need major improvement, other than her serve I would think she could get better at her return of serve. I remember last yr, I said I think she should try an go too another tennis acadmey, but it seem she enjoy training at Advantage Tennis Academy. & I also would like too see her play more futures as well this yr, judging by the article she likely will. she wants too be inside the top 250 wta ranking & be top 8 in junior ranking by end of the year.

abollo
Jun 11th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I think top250 wta at the end of this year seems to me a bit far fetched, but still hoping for the best for her.

She defeated fifth seed Danielle KONOTOPTSEVA 6-3 6-3 in Sharm El Sheikh today. I believe she will get a ranking now since that is her third MD win.
Tomorrow she will play second round vs. number 975 Ksenia DMITRIEVA

Trey
Jun 12th, 2014, 12:52 AM
I think top250 wta at the end of this year seems to me a bit far fetched, but still hoping for the best for her.

She defeated fifth seed Danielle KONOTOPTSEVA 6-3 6-3 in Sharm El Sheikh today. I believe she will get a ranking now since that is her third MD win.
Tomorrow she will play second round vs. number 975 Ksenia DMITRIEVA

Yeah I said the same, I think top 700-800 is more reachable & hopefully she crack top 10 I'm juniors, & that big upset for her beating Danielle, I think that her best win so far on the pro circuit, hopefully she keep it going

abollo
Jun 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Sandra defeated Ksenia DMITRIEVA 6-2 7-6 today to reach her first futures quarter final :)
She will play with Anna Morgina in the QF.

Trey
Jun 13th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Sandra :bounce: keep it going, next match going be tough through

Trey
Jun 14th, 2014, 01:21 AM
10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh F22, Egypt,

R1: (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. (6)Danielle Konotoptseva (GBR) 63 63
R2: (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) d. Ksenia Dmitrieva (RUS) 62 76(3)
QF: (1)Anna Morgina (RUS) d. (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY) 64 63

Trey
Jun 14th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Tough lost for Sandra today in the QF, but nonetheless it been an great event for her making the QF, & she should get an ranking next week ;). IDK where she playing her next event hopefully she playing another ITF event

Trey
Jun 24th, 2014, 11:06 PM
On the WTA Ranking. Ranked at 1220 not an huge jump in the ranking but it an start :)

Trey
Jun 27th, 2014, 01:53 PM
The Junior Wimbledon Championships

(14)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Q
Isabelle Wallace (GBR) v Julia Grabher (AUT)
Jana Fett (CRO) v Q
(2)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) v (wc)Maia Lumsden (GBR)

Trey
Jul 2nd, 2014, 02:20 PM
The Junior Wimbledon Championships

R1: (Q)Michaela Gordon (USA) d. (14)Sandra Samir (EGY) 61 36 60

Trey
Jul 2nd, 2014, 02:21 PM
Another Tough lost at an major this yr. I really thought she had an chance too make an deep run here with the draw she had. she really made too many errors I think IMO, If I right her stat were Winners: 30 Unforced errors: 27 Aces: 4 Double faults: 7. I also think she should have played an warm up event on grass before heading too Wimbledon IMO

Trey
Jul 17th, 2014, 02:52 AM
some picture of her from French Open

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sandra+Samir+French+Open+Day+9+6uEVlzPU1cQl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sandra+Samir+French+Open+Day+9+I9yNIrZHXWRl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sandra+Samir+French+Open+Day+9+3VKtXvcN6C6l.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sandra+Samir+French+Open+Day+9+jNfK46qaYNCl.jpg

Trey
Jul 17th, 2014, 02:53 AM
From Wimbledon

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+eFOoC7wUqfdl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+XPM7P-IsPjVl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+8LUHaYN-73Xl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+lYq-3QMJOjNl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+qjH8GG_Cc1wl.jpg

Trey
Jul 17th, 2014, 02:54 AM
More From Wimbledon

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+agPLKF4UMPwl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+xWxpW1xpgLPl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+InTFdV1t7yMl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Julia+Grabher+Wimbledon+Day+8+n793pgE3TKkl.jpg

Trey
Jul 27th, 2014, 09:53 PM
10,000$ Fort Worth, TX, USA

(1)Ximena Hermoso (MEX) v Q
Anastasia Nefedova (RUS) v Sandra Samir (EGY)
(wc)Stefanie Tan (SIN) v Q
(6)Ksenia Lykina (RUS) v Catherine Harrison (USA)

abollo
Aug 5th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Any idea why Sandra is with no wta ranking this week? I thought 3 points were enough to get a ranking?

Trey
Aug 5th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Any idea why Sandra is with no wta ranking this week? I thought 3 points were enough to get a ranking?

IDK I just saw that as well. I guessing she might have been defending points last week & might lost her ranking points from her early round lost. Hopefully she start playing more ITF this yr

Trey
Aug 15th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Youth Olympics 2014

(1)Ivana Jorovic (SRB) v Simona Heinova (CZE)
Fanni Stollar (HUN) v Ioana Loredana Rosca (ROU)
Naiktha Bains (AUS) v Ojasvinee Singh (IND)
(7)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) v Anastasiya Komardina (RUS)

(3)Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) v Viktoria Kuzmova (SVK)
Kamonwan Buayam (THA) v Greetje Minnen (BEL)
(NP)Camila Giangreco Campiz (PAR) v Qiu Yu Ye (CHN)
(8)Iryna Shymanovich (BLR) v Sofia Kenin (USA)

(6)Marketa Vondrousova (CZE) v (NP)Lesedi Sheya Jacobs (NAM)
Anna Bondar (HUN) v Shilin Xu (CHN)
Dabin Kim (KOR) v Luisa Stefani (BRA)
(4)Kristina Schmiedlova (SVK) v Priscilla Hon (AUS)

(5)Jil Teichmann (SUI) v Renata Zarazua (MEX)
Akvile Parazinskaite (LTU) v Maria Fernanda Herazo Gonzalez (COL)
Domenica Gonzalez (ECU) v Sandra Samir (EGY)
(2)Darya Kasatkina (RUS) v Ioana Ducu (ROU)

------------------------------------------------------

Doubles Draw

(1)Jorovic/Teichmann (SRB/SUI) v Ostapenko/Parazinskaite (LAT/LTU)
Jacobs/Samir (NAM/EGY) v Giangreco Campiz/Gonzalez (PAR/ECU)
(3)Kalinina/Shymanovich (UKR/BLR) v Herazo Gonzalez/Stefani (COL/BRA)
Xu/Ye (CHN/CHN) v Heinova/Vondrousova (CZE/CZE)

Ducu/Rosca (ROU/ROU) v Kenin/Zarazua (USA/MEX)
(4)Bains/Hon (AUS/AUS) v Minnen/Singh (BEL/IND)
Bondar/Stollar (HUN/HUN) v Kuzmova/Schmiedlova (SVK/SVK)
(2)Kasatkina/Komardina (RUS/RUS) v Buayam/Kim (THA/KOR)

------------------------------------------------------

Mixed Doubles Draw

(1)Kasatkina/Rublev (RUS/RUS) v Schmiedlova/Molcan (SVK/SVK)
Xu/Matsumura (CHN/JPN) v Ye/Yamasaki (CHN/JPN)
Singh/Dissanayake (IND/SRI) v Kenin/Rybakov (USA/USA)
(8)Stefani/Luz (BRA/BRA) v Buayam/Chung (THA/KOR)

(4)Vondrousova/Alvarez (CZE/PER) v Giangreco Campiz/Zormann (PAR/BRA)
Kalinina/Rogan (UKR/MNE) v Samir/Harris (EGY/RSA)
Jorovic/Conkic (SRB/SRB) v Ostapenko/Appelgren (LAT/SWE)
(7)Stollar/Majchrzak (HUN/POL) v Bains/Polmans (AUS/AUS)

(5)Teichmann/Zielinski (SUI/POL) v Hon/Bourchier (AUS/AUS)
Parazinskaite/Serdarusic (LTU/CRO) v Minnen/Geens (BEL/BEL)
Herazo Gonzalez/Valero (COL/COL) v Heinova/Carey (CZE/BAH)
(3)Shymanovich/Chrysochos (BLR/CYP) v Kim/Lee (KOR/KOR)

(6)Rosca/Bahamonde (ROU/ARG) v Bondar/Biro (HUN/HUN)
Ducu/Zukas (ROU/ARG) v Jacobs/Iradukunda (NAM/BDI)
Gonzalez/Rosas (ECU/PER) v Kuzmova/Blasko (SVK/SVK)
(2)Komardina/Khachanov (RUS/RUS) v Zarazua/Roberts (MEX/BAH)

Trey
Aug 22nd, 2014, 08:44 PM
Youth Olympics 2014

R1: Domenica GONZALEZ (ECU) def Sandra SAMIR (EGY) 7-5 6-2

Doubles Draw

R1: Camila GIANGRECO CAMPIZ (PAR) / Domenica GONZALEZ (ECU) def Lesedi Sheya JACOBS (NAM) / Sandra SAMIR (EGY) 6-3 7-5

Mixed Doubles Draw

R1: Sandra SAMIR (EGY) / Lloyd HARRIS (RSA) def Anhelina KALININA (UKR) / Pavle ROGAN (MNE) 6-2 6-4
R2: Camila GIANGRECO CAMPIZ (PAR) / Marcelo ZORMANN (BRA) def Sandra SAMIR (EGY) / Lloyd HARRIS (RSA) 5-7 6-3 [10-5]

Trey
Aug 22nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
Well I happy she won an match at the Youth Olympics but in all honestly her form has drop alot since the start of the yr. IDK if she still having problem with her back injury, low on confidence or she just in an slump, I just hope she can starting winning more matches soon. also I read somewhere that the U.S. Open Junior might be her last Junior event of the yr & that she will play on the ITF Pro Circuit for the rest of the yr, hopefully she can make an deep run at the U.S. Open Junior & do well on the pro tour for she can move up in the wta ranking