PDA

View Full Version : Els Callens unsure about Wildcard

E. Blackadder
Jan 31st, 2003, 06:13 AM
Ok this so pisses me of.

Elke Clijsters, ranked below 500 receives a maindraw wildcard without a doubt, but Belgium's third best player is unsure to get one :mad:

There are 3 wildcards, and now they're saying they don't know yet who to give to?

It would once again proove how many support Els gets from the Belgian Tennis Federations.... It has always been this way and it will always stay this way. :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 31st, 2003, 06:31 AM
Is it happening there, too? I thought it is only in Indonesia...Oh, well...it is universal, I guess...Why don't they give it to Van Roost and Appelmans? lol...hahaha...juz kiddin':p :rolleyes: :cool: :wavey: :bounce:

per4ever
Jan 31st, 2003, 08:00 AM
and Kirsten has to play pre-qualifying :fiery:

if your name is Clijsters, you can get anything *sigh*

Brαm
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure Elke & Els will get the 2 WCs, Bram!

per4ever
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't bet on it Bram..if for instance Anna K wants to play, Anna K will get the WC

Wimanna
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:00 AM
Ok, I think the reason why Els ins't 100% sure about the wildcard is because she's is the next "next-in" for the maindraw. And when one player will withdraw, she can enter the maindraw without a wildcard. Maja Matevzic is in doubt, cuz she still has a leg injury and her website tells she will skip some tournaments!....

per4ever
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:04 AM
Els and Elke get the WC according to the site...

Maja will withdraw from Antwerp probably

Brαm
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:06 AM
There are 3 WCs right?
1 for Els, 1 for Elke and 1 for a top-30 player who still wants to enter the main draw.

Wimanna
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by per4ever
Els and Elke get the WC according to the site...

Maja will withdraw from Antwerp probably

According to the site Els also plays the quallies ;)

per4ever
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:13 AM
I think they should give one to Els, one to Kirsten, and let Elke play quali's.

Why did she get a WC again?? She got one last year..and Kirsten is the better singles player :(

per4ever
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by wimanna
According to the site Els also plays the quallies ;)
I know *sigh*

Brαm
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:16 AM
The thing is tho, while Elke is most likely to lose in the 1st round of the main draw and win just 1 point, Kirsten will face a less good player so she could win QR2 points + bonus points, if she beats that player :)

King Aaron
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:49 PM
so Els doesn't have the wc now?

E. Blackadder
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:53 PM
They'll announce it on wednesday

Come-on-kim
Jan 31st, 2003, 07:10 PM
I read on the news paper that if Els and Elke get a WC!

If one more player withdraw, Els won't need that WC and so they'll give that WC to Kirsten!

That's what was written!

Frau Antje
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:07 PM
This always happens in Germany as well. The wildcards always go to players like Conchita Martinez or Iva Majoli. Don't ask me why. They ignore the German players ...

E. Blackadder
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Well looks like she won't be needing it! Deserved a place in the maindraw on own power :D (and due to dome withdrawals)