PDA

View Full Version : Davenport vs. Tanasugarn

TammysBigSis
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:22 AM
I'm SO happy to be able to start such a thread!!!!!!!

That was one tough match Tammy had with Silvia. Thank you so much, gogomaggie for posting the live scores and point descriptions. I felt like I was there.

I had a chance to chat on the phone with Tammy before she left the hotel for the stadium. Hopefully my good news put her in a good mood (I was awarded some language points for Thai by the U.S. State Department and jumped over 80 places to #62 in rank for Public Diplomacy training, pending medical and security clearances).

She told me a funny story about the match with Serena in Melbourne. She was asking her coach whether or not she should wear red and decided to, thinking it would motivate her to be aggressive on the court. She said that it backfired and served more like a red flag being waved at a charging bull! I guess that's why she wore blue today against Silvia (just kidding!).

Someone was asking about my dad and his law practice in the Silvia vs Tammy thread. He hasn't been a lawyer since the early 70's! To tell the truth, I think the reason both he and Tammy chose to major in law is because that major didn't require them to be in the lectures. He was traveling a lot as a national basketball player for Thailand in the 50s and 60s. He has a photo with Chiang Kai Shek during a visit to Taiwan with the team. He was and always has been a sports fanatic, and as Jiro pointed out, he is busy teaching Thailand's next generation of tennis stars, including my half-brother Kris, who turned 9 last Christmas (and hence his nickname).

Anyway, to get back to the topic, I hope this hard earned victory over Silvia has given Tammy some confidence. I think if Tammy's strokes are on, she can move Lindsay around the court with her angles. Hope it's a good match!

You are the bomb, Tam! :worship:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I was the one who mentioned in Tammy vs Silvia thread about Tammy's dad has given up his legal expertise...It just popped-up in my mind about our conversation with Tammy and Tammy's dad seevral years back when Tammy played in Jakarta...It is great to have Tammy on the tour and I always cheer for her...She is a sweet lady!!! I bet, ur in California...Thanks!!!:cool: :wavey: :bounce:

jirobkk
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Happy Happy :D :hearts: :D Tammy won today. I spent more than 3 hours on computor monitor for supporting her. Fortunately my boss was not in the office. ;) ;)

After her victory, I immediately sent FAX to congrats her. (Yesterday also). I also heard that funny story about the match with Serena that she wore red outfit both skirt and shirt. Tammy played not bad against Serena. But serena was too good on that day.

I think Tammy has lot of confidence to play on fast indoor surface and that is the reason why she decide to play more indoor fast court in this year. (Mostly in September and October).

I believed in her that she can dominate Farina today but I don't too much expect that she will defeat Lindsay. I will happy if she can do it.

GO Tammy, prove me wrong. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

PS : Congratulation for language points award. :) :) :)

Benny
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Hi Rose!:wavey:
How are you?

Tammy is playing very good tennis, and I saw her play in Sydney and against Serena(that match on TV;)). That red outfit suits her a lot! I thought she might have worn it because in Thailand red is for luck.(I thought I heard Paradorn say that on TV).
Anyway I hope Tammy can play her best tennis tomorrow and if she continues at her level she is playing at I think she can win a title in 2003.

Go Tammy:bounce:

TammysBigSis
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Hiya, Benny! I just PM'ed you, so don't forget to read it!

TammysBigSis
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Hi, Khun Jiro!

Thank you for the congrats, but it's still too early to be happy yet. Still, #62 is much better than #145! All this because I want to work for a US embassy or consulate??????

In the meantime, I have applied to teach English in Japan again for the Japanese government (the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program). It would be great to live in Japan, strengthen my Japanese reading and speaking skills, and of course, to see Tammy play in the PPO, Toyota Princess Cup and Japan Open.
Hopefully I will be interviewed next month. I may be in Japan as soon as this July!

Lindsayfan
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Come on Lindsay! :) :) :)

jirobkk
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Rose, :wavey:
I just recieved a good news from my friend in Japan. He said "Akinomiya Prince" (Emperor's 2nd son) was watching and supporting Tammy in the stadium today. He also supported Tammy last year. I think he is a big fan of Tammy.

Tammy, you made Thai people proud. We are all love you.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

jirobkk
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Hopefully I will be interviewed next month. I may be in Japan as soon as this July!

Hope you can do it. It great if you live in Japan so that you often come to visit Thailand more.

I told Tammy, Paradorn and Danai that I have plan to support them in this year Japan Open in September. Unfortunately Tammy skip Japan Open because she has to play more in door tournament in Europe instead. I will make an dicision again when the time comes.

GO TAMMY, do your best tomorrow. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Phoenix
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Just do your best tomorrow Tammy ;)

Shana
Jan 30th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Do your best Tamarine!
always be ur fan

King Aaron
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:11 PM
:wavey: Rose! How's everything going with Daniela and you?

Hope it will be a good match. Tammy stay positive!

TammysBigSis
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Hi, Aaron! :wavey:

Thank you for asking. I'm getting over a cold I caught from my nephew Mikey (2), and poor Daniela is suffering with an ear infection, but otherwise, we're all fine and pulling for AUNTIE TAMMY to win today in Tokyo!

Do your best, Tammy! :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

earthcrystal
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:00 AM
:wavey: Hey Rose, got your pm. Will reply soon. In the meantime....

GOOOOOO TAMMY! :D

Hyde'
Jan 31st, 2003, 01:52 AM
GOOOO TAMMY

Al
Jan 31st, 2003, 08:11 AM
Tammy, I expect just your best. Bring it up.

AaronJoyB
Jan 31st, 2003, 08:58 AM
GO LINDSAY!